Post a reply

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Andy Spark

Ronnie says he is reluctant to give up the easy life he has.

At the moment he is swanning around the UK and world, staying at luxury hotels and playing snooker. If he was to rejoin the pro tour then he would be forced to errr...swan around the UK and world, stay at luxury hotels and play snooker. So the decision is basically, does he want to sacrifice swanning around the UK and world, staying at luxury hotels and playing snooker in order to swan around the UK and world, stay at luxury hotels and play snooker?

Take your time Ron, to make this difficult, life changing decision.

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:Ronnie says he is reluctant to give up the easy life he has.

At the moment he is swanning around the UK and world, staying at luxury hotels and playing snooker. If he was to rejoin the pro tour then he would be forced to errr...swan around the UK and world, stay at luxury hotels and play snooker. So the decision is basically, does he want to sacrifice swanning around the UK and world, staying at luxury hotels and playing snooker in order to swan around the UK and world, stay at luxury hotels and play snooker?

Take your time Ron, to make this difficult, life changing decision.

Well this post just about sums it all up really <laugh>

What he doesn't want to go through right now is the stress of competition, exhibitions and such don't have that.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Now we have this.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/34971132

Today we'll know if those words are true or not.

This is good news indeed, but I won't get my hopes up too much since this particular saga seems to change on a weekly basis.

At least we have heard straight from the horse's mouth this time and not second hand reports from other people of what he intends to do. This gives me confidence that he will play The Masters.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, do you think we'll see a fresh, rested and motivated Ronnie like in the Worlds 2013 or will we see a rusty and out of form Ronnie in the new year?

Honestly SO I haven't got a clue <laugh>

Even if he were to lose early, say first round or Quarter-Finals, I'd like to see Ronnie motivated and up for the battle. There's nothing worst than seeing Ronnie desinterested.

But you can watch him early than that at German Masters qualifiers later this month.

of course The Masters is the real deal.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Andre, do you think we'll see a fresh, rested and motivated Ronnie like in the Worlds 2013 or will we see a rusty and out of form Ronnie in the new year?

Honestly SO I haven't got a clue <laugh>

Even if he were to lose early, say first round or Quarter-Finals, I'd like to see Ronnie motivated and up for the battle. There's nothing worst than seeing Ronnie desinterested.

But you can watch him early than that at German Masters qualifiers later this month.

of course The Masters is the real deal.

Remember the stream not working properly last year during the GM qualifiers? <laugh> And Ronnie was hitting big breaks as well.

Postby mantorok

Jeez, the coverage on Ronnie's absence is OTT, BBC be like 'Ronnie may retire', 'Ronnie not sure when he's coming back', 'Ronnie to play in Masters' - there is a tournament going on you know BBC.

rofl

Postby Skullman

I would find it ironic if after all the retirement threats he's made over the years that when he does eventually retire, he just doesn't tell anyone.

Incidentally, I only have tennis and snooker to go, but BBC site is pretty bad for sports.