Post a reply

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Andre147

Gridlock wrote:Please forgive me, but is he retired or not?


No, from the past 3 or 4 seasons he always plays a limited schedulle, so don't worry, he'll be bacl playing soon for the Big tournaments.

He said in his Blog for Eurosport he plans to start his season at the International Champs, he first has to do one qualifier in the UK before heading for China. I expect him to play this tournament because it's a lucrative one and he has played it these recent seasons.

After that he has big tournaments ahead, with defense of his CoC title and more importantly his UK Championship title from last season.

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Dan-cat

When I met him the other day on Broadway Market, London (where his apartment is) he said his next tournament was in November.

I'm on permanent Ronnie stalk at this point

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:This is so disappointing.

TWITTER ATTACK:

Ronnie O'Sullivan ‏@ronnieo147
Heard a rumour going around that I'm playing The Champions Of champions. Not true


Yeah, I think he has confirmed he won't be defending his CoC title :td:

But if this means he'll win the UK, then I couldn't care less about the CoC, UK Champs far more important.

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:This is so disappointing.

TWITTER ATTACK:

Ronnie O'Sullivan ‏@ronnieo147
Heard a rumour going around that I'm playing The Champions Of champions. Not true


Yeah, I think he has confirmed he won't be defending his CoC title :td:

But if this means he'll win the UK, then I couldn't care less about the CoC, UK Champs far more important.

nothing written in stone less tournaments he enters he reduces the chance to win.

at the moment hes more interested in playing Pro ams. he was in a pro am at the weekend.

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:This is so disappointing.

TWITTER ATTACK:

Ronnie O'Sullivan ‏@ronnieo147
Heard a rumour going around that I'm playing The Champions Of champions. Not true


That'll disappoint Clive Everton.

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Dan-cat

I'm really surprised. It's his tournament... he's won it twice, the two times it's been contested! Can't believe he won't defend it. I'm conjecturising here but maybe he feels he's just not good enough at the moment. I doubt he'll enter the UK, how could he possibly be match ready?

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby SnookerFan

Who cares, anyway? He's one player. The sport doesn't revolve around him.

If he can't be fussed to enter, we'll just watch the other players. Why would we want to watch a player who doesn't want to be there? :shrug:

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Who cares, anyway? He's one player. The sport doesn't revolve around him.

If he can't be fussed to enter, we'll just watch the other players. Why would we want to watch a player who doesn't want to be there? :shrug:


First and foremost I'm a snooker fan, SnookerFan and have been since the early 80s. Ronnie's my favourite player though and I care that he's not playing in the CoC. He always adds a bit of magic/tension.

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby hendry_fan

"So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again?".

Ronnie will be playing again around,as from the 10th of November in The Champion of Champions.



Ronnie will take part,he,s just pulling your legs,that he aint. <laugh>




It aint the first time he,s said something,only to have changed his mind.




He,s said on numerous occasions that he was thinking about retiring,it still hasn,t happened yet.




And even back in 2002 eg,he announced he was looking forward to sending Hendry "back to his sad little life in Scotland".

That also did,nt happen!. ;-)




So don,t worry folks,he,ll be at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry tryin to defend the COC title. :-D

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:This is so disappointing.

TWITTER ATTACK:

Ronnie O'Sullivan ‏@ronnieo147
Heard a rumour going around that I'm playing The Champions Of champions. Not true


That'll disappoint Clive Everton.


To be fair Everton tries his best not to be biased towards Ronnie, although I admit he sometimes is biased towards him, but not even half the way Taylor, Parrot, Virgo or even Davis are.

I also think he may change his mind when the tournament date begins to close in, but I wont be surprised at all if he doesn't.

And hendry_fan, as for Ronnie wanting to "send Stephen back to his sad little life in Scotland", to be fair I'm not trying to defend Ronnie because what he did was just plain stupid, period. But Ronnie has over the years and even in his Running book admit it was a mate of his at the time who was doing his head in and almost "forced" Ronnie to say what he did. Roland here on SI for instance has commented on this issue as well.

All things went well with them after that, Ronnie apologised to Stephen and although not best mates, they get along very very well and both have the upmost respect for each other. After all, for me, we're talking about the two greatest players this game has ever seen.

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:This is so disappointing.

TWITTER ATTACK:

Ronnie O'Sullivan ‏@ronnieo147
Heard a rumour going around that I'm playing The Champions Of champions. Not true


That'll disappoint Clive Everton.


To be fair Everton tries his best not to be biased towards Ronnie, although I admit he sometimes is biased towards him, but not even half the way Taylor, Parrot, Virgo or even Davis are.

I also think he may change his mind when the tournament date begins to close in, but I wont be surprised at all if he doesn't.

And hendry_fan, as for Ronnie wanting to "send Stephen back to his sad little life in Scotland", to be fair I'm not trying to defend Ronnie because what he did was just plain stupid, period. But Ronnie has over the years and even in his Running book admit it was a mate of his at the time who was doing his head in and almost "forced" Ronnie to say what he did. Roland here on SI for instance has commented on this issue as well.

All things went well with them after that, Ronnie apologised to Stephen and although not best mates, they get along very very well and both have the upmost respect for each other. After all, for me, we're talking about the two greatest players this game has ever seen.







Dear Andre,I know they get along very well theeeeeese daaaaaaaaays,i was just havin a wee dig,hence the = " ;-) " at the end of the sentence .



It,ll be intrestin to see if Ronnie really does or does,nt take part in this COC tourney though. :-)

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
To be fair Everton tries his best not to be biased towards Ronnie, although I admit he sometimes is biased towards him, but not even half the way Taylor, Parrot, Virgo or even Davis are.


Yeah, that's true. <laugh>

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Andy Spark

It is best not to listen to anything Ronnie says about playing or not playing events these days. The best thing is just to assume he'll probably play the UK, Masters and World's, but apart from that you can only wait to see if he's actually entered any event.

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:My sporting heroes (fed, ronnie) giving heartbreaks lately than joy. Yesterday another prime example.


Arrrgghh tell me about it masterdoctor, yesterday was a sad day. Fed should have won the first set, but ok he didnt and won the 2nd, but not after missing a simple forehand on his Set point, still managed to win 7-5.

But it was all over in the 3rd after being 4-4 and 40-15 on his serve, somehow managed to bottle things up and give the break to Djoko. He did that a lot yesterday didnt he masterdoctor? when he was in good position to win his serves he handed them to Djoko on a plate.

After he lost the 3rd, I knew it was basically all over, he still gave us a glimmer of hope by almost breaking Djoko twice in a row in the 4th, but the damage was already done by that point.

It's amazing federer still manages to play at this level with his age and all, but Djoko in particular has given us some heartbreaking moments against him recently at the Slam Finals.

P.S. I even commented on one of your Youtube comments if you hadn't noticed about Federer.

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby pasunegirafe

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:My sporting heroes (fed, ronnie) giving heartbreaks lately than joy. Yesterday another prime example.


Arrrgghh tell me about it masterdoctor, yesterday was a sad day. Fed should have won the first set, but ok he didnt and won the 2nd, but not after missing a simple forehand on his Set point, still managed to win 7-5.

But it was all over in the 3rd after being 4-4 and 40-15 on his serve, somehow managed to bottle things up and give the break to Djoko. He did that a lot yesterday didnt he masterdoctor? when he was in good position to win his serves he handed them to Djoko on a plate.

After he lost the 3rd, I knew it was basically all over, he still gave us a glimmer of hope by almost breaking Djoko twice in a row in the 4th, but the damage was already done by that point.

It's amazing federer still manages to play at this level with his age and all, but Djoko in particular has given us some heartbreaking moments against him recently at the Slam Finals.

P.S. I even commented on one of your Youtube comments if you hadn't noticed about Federer.


Nooooooo, don't mention Fed's match :sad:. I've been trying to avoid reading anything about the US Open and THAT match. It's going to take me at least a week to get over it :?

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Andre147

pasunegirafe wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:My sporting heroes (fed, ronnie) giving heartbreaks lately than joy. Yesterday another prime example.


Arrrgghh tell me about it masterdoctor, yesterday was a sad day. Fed should have won the first set, but ok he didnt and won the 2nd, but not after missing a simple forehand on his Set point, still managed to win 7-5.

But it was all over in the 3rd after being 4-4 and 40-15 on his serve, somehow managed to bottle things up and give the break to Djoko. He did that a lot yesterday didnt he masterdoctor? when he was in good position to win his serves he handed them to Djoko on a plate.

After he lost the 3rd, I knew it was basically all over, he still gave us a glimmer of hope by almost breaking Djoko twice in a row in the 4th, but the damage was already done by that point.

It's amazing federer still manages to play at this level with his age and all, but Djoko in particular has given us some heartbreaking moments against him recently at the Slam Finals.

P.S. I even commented on one of your Youtube comments if you hadn't noticed about Federer.


Nooooooo, don't mention Fed's match :sad:. I've been trying to avoid reading anything about the US Open and THAT match. It's going to take me at least a week to get over it :?


I know the feeling mate, this loss somehow hurts me more than Wimbledon this year, because I feel here he had a better chance of beating Djokovic.

last year at Wimbledon hurt me even more, but yeah this one will take a while I suppose :sad: :sad: :sad:

but what we've got to remember is he still is and probably will always be th greatest player of all time and still playing at this amazing level at 34 years old is nothing short of remarkable.

Sory for mentioning it mate :shrug:

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby pasunegirafe

Andre147 wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:Nooooooo, don't mention Fed's match :sad:. I've been trying to avoid reading anything about the US Open and THAT match. It's going to take me at least a week to get over it :?


I know the feeling mate, this loss somehow hurts me more than Wimbledon this year, because I feel here he had a better chance of beating Djokovic.

last year at Wimbledon hurt me even more, but yeah this one will take a while I suppose :sad: :sad: :sad:

but what we've got to remember is he still is and probably will always be th greatest player of all time and still playing at this amazing level at 34 years old is nothing short of remarkable.

Sory for mentioning it mate :shrug:


Yes, it's great that he's still playing and still at the top of his game. I noticed in the final that he sometimes wasn't that aggressive on the return and he let himself get in too many long rallies. His return game has never been that strong but I was hopeful that with his new aggressive return he would convert more break points.
Anyway, hopefully he sticks with it and gets used to it more. He acknowledged in his press conference that he hadn't been playing this offensive in a long time and perhaps was a bit shaky when it came down to it.
I hope he finishes the season strong and continues to work on his new aggressive game. Hopefully it's just a matter of time until he wins his 18th.

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Andre147

pasunegirafe wrote:
Yes, it's great that he's still playing and still at the top of his game. I noticed in the final that he sometimes wasn't that aggressive on the return and he let himself get in too many long rallies. His return game has never been that strong but I was hopeful that with his new aggressive return he would convert more break points.
Anyway, hopefully he sticks with it and gets used to it more. He acknowledged in his press conference that he hadn't been playing this offensive in a long time and perhaps was a bit shaky when it came down to it.
I hope he finishes the season strong and continues to work on his new aggressive game. Hopefully it's just a matter of time until he wins his 18th.


Yeah absolutely, getting into too many long rallies with Djoko will just tire yourself and hurt your chances of suceding even more... Only a Nadal at his very best can cope with him from the baseline all the time. But Federer also knew he couldn't be too agressive ALL the time because then Djoko would know that pattern. But maybe he should have adopted a similar strategy to what he did in Cincinatti Final.

I too hope it's a matter of time mate, but time really is running out for him isn't it? I say he definately needs to win that 18th Major next year, possibly at Wimbledon. If he doesn't I think even for Federer it will be amost impossible to win that 18th in 2017 or 2018...

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby masterdoctorgenius

it hurts when u think that ronnie should have won last years wc final and fed should have had 20 gs by now.

they lost their mental toughness. it isnt only age realted. look at higgins. 40 years old and finding form again and winning matches from behind again. all the more it hurts when the rivals do well but ur fav is a sinking ship

so many heartbreakers i had to go through since last year.

any watched the ROS show on monday? was he joking when he said to stu that he retired him at the WC?

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Clara8633

masterdoctorgenius wrote:so many heartbreakers i had to go through since last year.

any watched the ROS show on monday? was he joking when he said to stu that he retired him at the WC?


He's rarely serious. He doesn't do half the things he claims he's about to do.

It's a shame you always take his failures and words so seriously - he's one of the two best snooker players ever and that fact alone should make you content. His fans may expect too much from him at times, which is why fans of other players are more easily satisfied even though their fave players win less.

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:so many heartbreakers i had to go through since last year.

any watched the ROS show on monday? was he joking when he said to stu that he retired him at the WC?


He's rarely serious. He doesn't do half the things he claims he's about to do.

It's a shame you always take his failures and words so seriously - he's one of the two best snooker players ever and that fact alone should make you content. His fans may expect too much from him at times, which is why fans of other players are more easily satisfied even though their fave players win less.


Don't take too much credit of what masterdoctor says about Ronnie pmsl Ronnie might start a match and the first ball he misses he says Ronnie is going to lose the match and has bottled it...

He's the most negative Ronnie fan I've seen so...

But regarding what he said, Ronnie just meant he retired him from that year's WC, not the whole Sport, lol...

Re: So...when is Ronnie O'sullivan playing again ?

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:But regarding what he said, Ronnie just meant he retired him from that year's WC, not the whole Sport, lol...


That's what MDG seemed to think lol

I didn't watch the show so I'm not sure what ROS meant either.