Post a reply

Re: Best player hasn't won a ranker?

Postby Pink Ball

PoolBoy wrote:Ryan Day, for me.

But, Joe Swail could be a valid option....Looking at the list of prize money ever won in snooker -

http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Prize- ... n/All-time, incredibly you have to scroll down to 35th place to find the first player never to have won a ranker - Joe Swail!

I hadn't thought of Joe Swail. Excellent call PoolBoy.

Postby SnookerEd25

kolompar wrote:Greats like Mark Davis, Michael Holt and David Gilbert have all been mentioned a few times now. Surely we haven't missed anyone?

Tony Drago?

Postby kolompar

SnookerEd25 wrote:
kolompar wrote:Greats like Mark Davis, Michael Holt and David Gilbert have all been mentioned a few times now. Surely we haven't missed anyone?

Tony Drago?

Good call :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Andy Hicks deserves a mention semi finalist in World, UK and Masters

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:I forgot Darren Morgan actually, he was a very good player.

still is i make him favorite to win the World seniors

Postby Andre147

I would put Day first, obviously.

Then other major contenders, like Swail, Mavis, Gilbert, Holt, Darren Morgan, Drago, Andy Hicks, Guodong, and also one of the best for me, Jamie Cope. Who knows if he hadn't won one already without the eye problems he had...

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I would put Day first, obviously.

Then other major contenders, like Swail, Mavis, Gilbert, Holt, Darren Morgan, Drago, Andy Hicks, Guodong, and also one of the best for me, Jamie Cope. Who knows if he hadn't won one already without the eye problems he had...

Out of that list, I'd say that the best was either Holt or Mavis.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:

No, Swail or Morgan.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

No, Swail or Morgan.

:bird:

Postby SteveJJ

Where would Mavis be in the pantheon of the greats if he was to win the world championship? He'd then be the only player to have won a triple crown of different world championship events...proper, 6 reds and seniors?

Postby The_Abbott

Well done Day.

So who's left then. Maybe they all got together last year and agreed to let some pro's win their first ranking events? :chin:

Matt Selt hasn't one won has he? But I guess we are only talking about top players.

Paul Davison has never won a ranking event ;-)

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Matt Selt hasn't one won has he? But I guess we are only talking about top players.

I'm not a big fan of Selt.

Apart from Mark Joyce's mum, who is?