Post a reply

Re: Favourite Lower Ranked Player

Postby not snookergrass

Dan-cat wrote:Can I vote for the vegan Ebbo? (Ooops! Don't mention the V word!)

Snookergrass: can you establish some parameters here. Are we talking about players who have never made the top 16?

Yes i think this is fair. So it covers people who have never quite made it, or stars of the future

Postby not snookergrass

SnookerFan wrote:
snookergrass wrote:The original question was a sincere question tbh

We get off topic sometimes don't we? <laugh>

Out of interest, do players like Jimmy White and Mark Williams count? Or did you mean players that have never, or hardly ever, been in the top 16?

Very much off topic at times - but all this vegan talk is pretty funny also :clap:

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:I think Michael 'tuck yer shirt in' White is a star in the making

Yeah, he really is a scruff. He got his attire training from M.J.W.

I like this lad Sam Baird and the Chinese kid Tian Pengfei.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:

Don't lie, you only like Pengfei because he's Ronnie's nemesis right... :john: :chuckle:

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Don't lie, you only like Pengfei because he's Ronnie's nemesis right... :john: :chuckle:

I thought that was Selby?!!

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

You wish.. pmsl Ronnie has more wins against him, ok Selby has beaten him at the Worlds Final and Masters Final for instance, but Ronnie too has important wins against him, namely 2 Masters Finals, UK Quarter-Finals, etc.. so no in no way he is Ronnie's nemesis. If anything, he's one of the hardest opponents in his career, much like Higgins.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

You wish.. pmsl Ronnie has more wins against him, ok Selby has beaten him at the Worlds Final and Masters Final for instance, but Ronnie too has important wins against him, namely 2 Masters Finals, UK Quarter-Finals, etc.. so no in no way he is Ronnie's nemesis. If anything, he's one of the hardest opponents in his career, much like Higgins.

O'Sullivan's winning head to head against Higgins is only because of the shot clock nonsense, and Selby is 2 out of 2 at The Crucible, and has won the majority of the important matches. O'Sullivan even beat Selby 3-2 at Crondon Park, and of course in the shot clock league.

Selby is the boss of O'Sullivan when it matters most.. <ok>

Postby Andre147

When it matters most... 2 Masters Finals losses tell me otherwise.. :wave: or have you forgetten that... Selby may have won their most important match that much is true, but both are pretty even when it comes to important matches, their head to heads don't lie, at the Big 3 Majors, Ronnie leads 4-3, so you better rephrase when you say Selby is the boss when it matters most. pmsl

Anyway, enough of this nonsense discussion as it isn't about Ronnie or Selby, it's about our favourite lower ranked players, I've already named mine as I can't choose 1 particular player, but Luca for me has something special that he's yet to produce on the Big occasion. I thought after his brilliant runs in 2012 at UK and Worlds he would kick on but no, he has taken a step back. he definately needs to develop a better safety game and temperament, maybe he needs to practice more with the top players, that's the only way I can see him really improving like Trump did.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:When it matters most... 2 Masters Finals losses tell me otherwise.. :wave: or have you forgetten that... Selby may have won their most important match that much is true, but both are pretty even when it comes to important matches, their head to heads don't lie, at the Big 3 Majors, Ronnie leads 4-3, so you better rephrase when you say Selby is the boss when it matters most. pmsl

Anyway, enough of this nonsense discussion as it isn't about Ronnie or Selby, it's about our favourite lower ranked players, I've already named mine as I can't choose 1 particular player, but Luca for me has something special that he's yet to produce on the Big occasion. I thought after his brilliant runs in 2012 at UK and Worlds he would kick on but no, he has taken a step back. he definately needs to develop a better safety game and temperament, maybe he needs to practice more with the top players, that's the only way I can see him really improving like Trump did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZhTb3_ryJM

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:When it matters most... 2 Masters Finals losses tell me otherwise.. :wave: or have you forgetten that... Selby may have won their most important match that much is true, but both are pretty even when it comes to important matches, their head to heads don't lie, at the Big 3 Majors, Ronnie leads 4-3, so you better rephrase when you say Selby is the boss when it matters most. pmsl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZhTb3_ryJM

Looks delicious mind you <ok> I always liked salads.

Postby Wildey

This is not a thread about Ronnie and Selby its about whos the player down the rankings that you like.

any more of this nonsense and ill close this thread.

Postby Tamctus

David Gilbert and Anthony McGill anre my favourites (along with Robin Hull of course). But I don't think McGill will be on this list for too long...

Postby not snookergrass

Tamctus wrote:David Gilbert and Anthony McGill anre my favourites (along with Robin Hull of course). But I don't think McGill will be on this list for too long...

Agree with Robin Hull. I've played him a couple of times and he has so much ability. If circumstances had been different I think he could have been a great player.

Postby Andre147

Tamctus wrote:David Gilbert and Anthony McGill anre my favourites (along with Robin Hull of course). But I don't think McGill will be on this list for too long...

Will won't McGill be on that list? He's such a character player, lovely lad.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Maybe he means he won't be considered 'lower ranked' for too much longer?

Hadn't thought of that, yes maybe, he may break into the top 16 over the next 2 or 3 years if he carries on playing well.

Postby Tamctus

Skullman wrote:Maybe he means he won't be considered 'lower ranked' for too much longer?

Exactly ;-)

Postby SnookerEd25

Thor - the God of snooker, and now back on tour :bowdown:

And Sanderson Lam. He’s one of the good guys.

Shame Chris Melling never made the crossover :sad:

Postby SnookerEd25

FoulNMiss wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Thor - the God of snooker, and now back on tour :bowdown:

Cliff Thorburn?

It’s good but it’s not right :sad:

Postby LDS

I think the universally loved lower ranked player is Thepchaiya Un-Nooh, and has been for quite a while. As for a random personal pick, I really like watching Scott Donaldson, no idea why, there's no rationale there, he's just someone I'll watch if he's on :shrug: