Post a reply

World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby Witz78

Round 1 betting (selected odds)

1/3 Hendry - Zhang 3/1
1/6 Robertson - O'Brien 4/1
4/9 Fu - Gould 7/4
2/11 Williams - Campbell 7/2
1/8 Ding - Pettman 5/1
1/4 Allen - Ford 11/4
1/7 Murphy - Greene 5/1
1/3 Day - M.Davis 5/2
2/7 Selby - Doherty 11/4
1/7 Higgins - Hawkins 9/2
2/7 Maguire - Lee 11/4
1/6 O'Sullivan - Wenbo 4/1
4/6 Carter - Cope 6/5
4/7 King - S.Davis 6/4
4/6 Perry - Holt 5/4
4/6 Ebdon - Dott 6/5


What stands out for the gamblers amongst you then?

Firstly im looking for a dead cert treble and there are only 4 games i can say for definite are bankers :innocent:

HIGGINS to beat Hawkins
DING to beat Pettman
ROBERTSON to beat O'Brien
MURPHY to beat Greene

Id say of these, Robbos match fills me with most doubt (though not much) but i will probably ditch Dings match as the odds are poor and take the treble of Higgins, Robertson and Murphy.

However these 3 only offers odds of 4/7 so its not that tempting as the stake would have to be very high for little return.

So i may wait until the handicap match odds come out then take one of them to win with a handicap and the other 2 to just win, depending upon who i feel most confident about at the time. The odds of the treble would rise to around 7/5 with a handicap bet in lieu of a normal single.

Onto other bets and theres value in some of the dodgier games to call.

My super singles for yous

Zhang to beat Hendry £25@3/1 for £100 return
Gould to beat Fu £40@7/4 for £110 return
Ford to beat Allen £40@11/4 for £150 return
M.Davis to beat Day £40@5/2 for £140 return
Lee to beat Maguire £40@11/4 for £150 return
Wenbo to beat O'Sullivan £20@4/1 for £100 return
Cope to beat Carter £200@6/5 for £440 return
Davis to beat King £40@6/4 for £100 return
Holt to beat Perry £100@5/4 for £225 return

As you can see there are plenty of options among the odds against unseeded players to upset their top 16 opponents <ok>

There will be shocks, its just using the right judgement to pick the correct games to speculate on.

A double here may represent the best chances and id be inclined to go with a Holt and Gould double where £50 would return you a tasty £310 back <cool>

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby Bourne

Woooah bro, bit early to be playing these isn't it ? There's one market i'm looking forward to, in-play in the King vs Davis match, backing -99.5 points in every frame will earn you good profit i'm sure of that.

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Woooah bro, bit early to be playing these isn't it ? There's one market i'm looking forward to, in-play in the King vs Davis match, backing -99.5 points in every frame will earn you good profit i'm sure of that.


never too early to plan a winning line ;)

I aim to finalise my selection within a week then place it on and itll almost seem like a free bet by the time Sheffield arrives <cool>

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby GJ

the only bet i have made so far for the worlds was in january

Robbo to win the 2010 world snooker championship @ 14/1

£50 to win £700

his odds are now shortening so it was a good call by me to place the bet early <cool> :D

i lost a tenner on a bet on stevens thought he would at least qualify <doh>

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Like it Witz.

Going by the below, I'll be on....

Gould @7/4
Cope @6/5
Holt @5/4

€20 Treble pays round about €272.25.

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby Wildey

Zhang to beat Hendry £25@3/1 for £100 return

throw your money in the bin a tramp might get a cup of tea out of it instead of giving it to loaded bookies.

Zhang has no hope in hell <ok>

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby N_Castle07

that should of read this.....

Does anyone know the calculation which will simplified odds to a single number? So that they are 3/1 4/1 ect.

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby N_Castle07

for example is there a quicker way to work out the return for the following,

Robertson to beat O'Brien 1/6
Williams to beat Campbell 2/11
Ding to beat Pettman 1/8
Murphy to beat Greene 5/1
Higgins to beat Hawkins 1/7
Maguire to beat Lee 2/7
O'Sullivan to beat Wenbo 1/6


it is easy enough to work out but there must be a quick formula i could put into xl which would do it for me.

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

N_Castle07 wrote:for example is there a quicker way to work out the return for the following,

Robertson to beat O'Brien 1/6
Williams to beat Campbell 2/11
Ding to beat Pettman 1/8
Murphy to beat Greene 5/1
Higgins to beat Hawkins 1/7
Maguire to beat Lee 2/7
O'Sullivan to beat Wenbo 1/6


it is easy enough to work out but there must be a quick formula i could put into xl which would do it for me.


I'll try in lay mans language for you.

Divide the number on the left of the odds by the number on the right. In this case 1/6 = 0.167. If in this case you had £1 on a 1/6 shot, your return will be £1.167.

As above, if you are doing an accumulator, multiply your £1.167 on the next price, which in this case is 2/11 = 0.1818 * 1.167 which gives you £0.212 + add your original stake, which was £1.167, which = £1.379.

So, so far, you have had a £1 double on a 1/6 & 2/11 shot & your return is £1.379 which rounded up, is a win so far of 40p.

Follow? If you do, follow the same logic all the way through your next 5 bets & let me know what total you come too. I've already done the Math so I'll answer you. Using excel is easiest.

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Lucky balls wrote:http://www.free-bet-calculator.co.uk/

Theres loads like this online, just put your odds in and what bet you want and hey presto.


So you'd get 94.73 for every 1 you put on as a straight accumulator

Really LB? I've got the acumm coming in at just under 16/1?

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby Lucky

I put the first figure in wrong <doh> £1 = £15.95 return :chin:

1-6 instead of 6-1 there isn't much difference <laugh>
Last edited by Lucky on 12 Mar 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Lucky balls wrote:I put the first figure in wrong <doh> £1 = £15.95 return :chin:

Same as....Well, 15.96...

0.167 1.167
0.181818182 0.212 1.379
0.125 0.172348485 1.551
5 7.755681818 9.307
0.142857143 1.329545455 10.636
0.285714286 3.038961039 13.675
0.166666667 2.279220779 15.955

Total = £15.96

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Lucky balls wrote:I put the first figure in wrong <doh> £1 = £15.95 return :chin:

1-6 instead of 6-1 there isn't much difference <laugh>

You don't work for the revenue by any chance LB?

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby Witz78

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:for example is there a quicker way to work out the return for the following,

Robertson to beat O'Brien 1/6
Williams to beat Campbell 2/11
Ding to beat Pettman 1/8
Murphy to beat Greene 5/1
Higgins to beat Hawkins 1/7
Maguire to beat Lee 2/7
O'Sullivan to beat Wenbo 1/6


it is easy enough to work out but there must be a quick formula i could put into xl which would do it for me.


I'll try in lay mans language for you.

Divide the number on the left of the odds by the number on the right. In this case 1/6 = 0.167. If in this case you had £1 on a 1/6 shot, your return will be £1.167.

As above, if you are doing an accumulator, multiply your £1.167 on the next price, which in this case is 2/11 = 0.1818 * 1.167 which gives you £0.212 + add your original stake, which was £1.167, which = £1.379.



John,

just cut to the chase <cool>

this is the quick way to calculate odds on your phone, calulculator, excel etc

take this £1 example you said above....

£1 @ 1/6

stage 1 (add the 2 numbers in the odds) 1+6=7

stage 2 multiply the stake by this number = £1 x 7

stage 3 divide the answer (£7) by the denominator of the odds (2nd number) 6

= 7/6 = £1.167

So its really just a simple mathematic equation to type into your phone to work out the return of £1 stake on a 1/6 odds bet.

the continous formula being £1 times 7 divided by 6

and to continue the next part of your example above youd do £1.167 x 13 / 11 = £1.379

Its a simple and quicker way to calculate odds. <ok>

Once you get up to doing this, its so simple to quickly do the odds.

Of course im a bit of a geek with numbers and can work out all the odds in my head <cool>

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:John,

just cut to the chase <cool>

this is the quick way to calculate odds on your phone, calulculator, excel etc

take this £1 example you said above....

£1 @ 1/6

stage 1 (add the 2 numbers in the odds) 1+6=7

stage 2 multiply the stake by this number = £1 x 7

stage 3 divide the answer (£7) by the denominator of the odds (2nd number) 6

= 7/6 = £1.167

So its really just a simple mathematic equation to type into your phone to work out the return of £1 stake on a 1/6 odds bet.

the continous formula being £1 times 7 divided by 6

and to continue the next part of your example above youd do £1.167 x 13 / 11 = £1.379

Its a simple and quicker way to calculate odds. <ok>

Once you get up to doing this, its so simple to quickly do the odds.

Of course im a bit of a geek with numbers and can work out all the odds in my head <cool>

excellent maths witz :bowdown: <ok>

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/snooker/world-championship/world-snooker-championship/win-market

robbo moves ahead of murphy in the betting :ahh: :D

:scared:

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/snooker/world-championship/world-snooker-championship/win-market

robbo moves ahead of murphy in the betting :ahh: :D

Surprised by that given their respective draws and Murphy's better WC pedigree :chin:

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Witz. Cool & the Gang mate, whatever works, as you know.

N_Castle07. How'd you get on?

Going back to you Witz, how many of N_Castle07 accumalator will be wrong? ;)

Anyway N_Castle07, have you gone to school yet from a couple of gamblers on here & learned? Hope So. <ok>

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

rocket_ron wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/snooker/world-championship/world-snooker-championship/win-market

robbo moves ahead of murphy in the betting :ahh: :D

:scared:


How can that be good?

Re: World Championship Round 1 Betting

Postby Rocket_ron

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/snooker/world-championship/world-snooker-championship/win-market

robbo moves ahead of murphy in the betting :ahh: :D

:scared:


How can that be good?

its not good thats why i used the smiley :scared: