Post a reply

Re: Hendry v Ronnie tournaments entered to tournaments won?

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:Does anyone know what the ratio for Ronnie and Hendry is in terms of tournaments entered to tournaments won?

Hendry entered tournaments even if he felt unwell or under the weather or in recent years Crap. Ronnie has missed a lot because he cant be bothered.

I Bet Ronnie's Ratio is much higher

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Steve Davis: 493 played, 81 won. Ratio: 16,4%,
John Higgins: 316 played, 41 won. Ratio: 13,0%
Ding Junhui: 161 played, 17 won. Ratio: 10,6%
Neil Robertson: 191 played, 15 won. Ratio: 7,9%
Mark Williams: 320 played, 25 won. Ratio: 7,8%
Mark Selby: 213 played, 14 won. Ratio: 6,6%
Ken Doherty: 358 played, 22 won. Ratio: 6,1%
Jimmy White: 507 played, 30 won. Ratio: 5,9%

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Does anyone know what the ratio for Ronnie and Hendry is in terms of tournaments entered to tournaments won?

Hendry entered tournaments even if he felt unwell or under the weather or in recent years Crap. Ronnie has missed a lot because he cant be bothered.

That's pure speculation. How do you know if Hendry ever played events whilst feeling unwell? Are you his doctor?

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

That's pure speculation. How do you know if Hendry ever played events whilst feeling unwell? Are you his doctor?

its inevitable you wally.

you cant win and play in as much events as he did without having a off day

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

its inevitable you wally.

you cant win and play in as much events as he did without having a off day

Well, it's the same for everyone else as well then, or is Hendry the only snooker player to ever fall ill?

Postby Clara8633

Wildey wrote:You're right but sometimes it seems only Ronnie actuall talks about problems in his private life when other players problems are kept quiet

Because he knows he's popular and people like to listen to him :roll:

Postby Roland

What would be interesting is to see the density of wins to tournaments entered with the dates bookended between first and last tournament wins. This eliminates the period when they're young and still gaining experience and also the years spent competing when past their best.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Only if Ronnie gets extra points for being good for so long hehe

Over an entire career Ronnie is without doubt the greatest of all time, his first and so far last wins spanning an incredible 21 years! However, Hendry may be considered the greatest over a condensed period of time because he won most of his titles between 1989-1996, with only one Major tournament win after that, his 1999 World Champs.

Fact is we can all manipulate stats in order to gain an "advantage" who in our eyes is the greatest of all time. There is no doubt however that for me both Hendry and Ronnie are the 2 greatest players this game has produced, but as I said it all depends on our perspective and the way we want to look at it.

Postby Sickpotter

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/snoo ... 33306.html

Hendry won a WC with a broken arm :hatoff:

Postby TheSaviour

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Only if Ronnie gets extra points for being good for so long hehe

Over an entire career Ronnie is without doubt the greatest of all time, his first and so far last wins spanning an incredible 21 years! However, Hendry may be considered the greatest over a condensed period of time because he won most of his titles between 1989-1996, with only one Major tournament win after that, his 1999 World Champs.

Fact is we can all manipulate stats in order to gain an "advantage" who in our eyes is the greatest of all time. There is no doubt however that for me both Hendry and Ronnie are the 2 greatest players this game has produced, but as I said it all depends on our perspective and the way we want to look at it.

I personally prefer to say that Steve Davis is the greatest of all time. Stating that, however, it is obvious that Hendry and O´Sullivan are the two players who has ´added´ most, and do posses the best top-games. Or is it possesed now with the Stephen´s case.

Postby Muppet147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Wild is a constant source of gibberish.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Wild is a constant source of gibberish.

that's a compliment coming from you

Postby The Cueist

I hated Hendry at times when he was beating white in world finals but it has to be said he was the greatest
In that era , 1989 to 1996 .

Nobody could live with him but as always the chasing pack caught him up .

The 1992 debutantes smashed him up on the table .

And rightly so , He had indeed smashed them up on several occassions .

You know I miss seeing hendry in pro matches , He retired too early but as we all know he wasnt winning majors and tried for a decade or so to get back but the passage of time eithout a major frustated him immensely.

He always conducted himself in a very professional manner and was very well mannered with it.