Post a reply

Re: Ronnie decides to play a tournament....

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is certainly good news. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the tournament, not even the final :-(

Sad to hear. But as far as Ronnie is concerned, he may not get very far in this tourney, we'll have to wait and see, will depend on the draw.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:only way to forget is if ronnie wins another WC and even then there is a small chance that pink doesnt leave my mind forever

He'll win it next year, I reckon. Stop moaning.

The way I see it he did well to even make to the final, because let's face it, he wasn't playing as good as he was on previous occasions, at the same time Selby hit top form, it's all about tipping the balance.

He'll learn from it, this won't deter him by any means, if anything it may even spur him on. I still think he won't retire with less than 6 world titles, and to be fair 6 titles at his age and against these standards would be an amazing feat.

Postby vodkadiet

I thought O'Sullivan already had 6 world titles? Are you telling me he didn't win this year? I switched the tv off when he was in the balls looking like going 11-5 up. Don't tell me he didn't win from there?!! I don't believe you!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:About time we moved on from that match, isn't it? There's been two ranking events since that match happened.

yup the 2014 World Championship is now ancient history.

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:About time we moved on from that match, isn't it? There's been two ranking events since that match happened.

It's a slow July though, makes you wonder why they didn't just move the first two ranking events back a month.

not that easy to get TV Channels and Venue Commitments to correspond to move events forward or back

Postby AC or LT?

Wildey wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

It's a slow July though, makes you wonder why they didn't just move the first two ranking events back a month.

not that easy to get TV Channels and Venue Commitments to correspond to move events forward or back

Surely would have been possible to arrange it more sensibly back when contracts were agreed, the world championship finishes more or less the same day every bucking year.

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:
Wildey wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

Surely would have been possible to arrange it more sensibly back when contracts were agreed, the world championship finishes more or less the same day every bucking year.

Yea but the TV Channels has commitments to different programs not just snooker so moving say the Aussie Open to late july might clash with other sports or TV Shows.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Wildey wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:

Yea but the TV Channels has commitments to different programs not just snooker so moving say the Aussie Open to late july might clash with other sports or TV Shows.

The TV channels could probably be persuaded. The problem is Hearn, he reckons Snooker should be an all year round sport without any off-season breaks. <doh>

Postby Wildey

its not a case of being persuaded .....

to be persuaded you have to have room to be persuaded for.

Postby SnookerFan

Yeah. For example, Eurosport televises the Tour De-France for however long. You don't just turn up to Eurosport and go; "We're thinking of making a new tournament that clashes with the TDF, do you mind dropping your coverage of that, and putting the snooker on instead?"

Also, as Wild said, it might depends when venues are free.