Post a reply

Re: Ronnie still hurt by losing the WC final

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Why?

Do you think Hendry didn’t care about 1997?

I’m sure he got over it better than many of his fans but any player with a winning mentality would be distraught to lose in a world final, with the possible exceptions of instances like Higgins last year.

I'm sure he cared when it happened. But like you say, he'll have gotten over it by now.

I do wonder if he put as much meaning onto that pink as people do on this forum do.

I also wonder if Ronnie's mindset is the same as Hendry's. I'm not going to start another Ronnie vs Hendry debate on here, partly because it's dull and partly because Ronnie's already done enough to convince me he's the greatest of all time. But their mindset strikes me as different to each other. Ronnie tends to fall in and out of love with the game. Hendry in his prime wanted to win everything. Ronnie has taken most of a season off, walked out of a match once because he wasn't feeling it etc. Strikes me as somebody who isn't agonising about one loss more than six years ago, in the same way that Hendry probably would have.

I’m sure beating Selby will have helped him get over the 2014 loss, but I don’t think he was still hurting as much as fans were.

I definitely agree that he wouldn’t put so much importance on the pink alone, though.

I agree Hendry and Ronnie have different mindsets when it comes to snooker too. But I do think people underestimate Ronnie’s desire to win and break records. He’s far more in the Hendry mould than the Davis or Jimmy mould (i.e. playing on for years beyond being competitive).

Postby Andre147

Once Ronnie stops being competitive, he'll quit.

He almost done that in 2011, about the only time in his career his retirement threats was serious.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Once Ronnie stops being competitive, he'll quit.

He almost done that in 2011, about the only time in his career his retirement threats was serious.

May that day never come. Ronnie must play on until he makes at least 1500 tons. :win:

Postby TheSaviour

What?

So now suddenly alles gut and back to the normal? YOU CAN`T BE SERIOUS NOW, OR CAN YOU?????! After a long, long well you all know what it was. I would argue still is.

Ronnie winning a one garbage world final against garbage (probably exhausted) Kyren Wilson, and now he´s not hurting anymore.

My head is hurting now a bit.

And this is one of my sources, from one of my sources:
"...and aaaaaaaaaa äääh and aaaaaaaaaaa Vigger aaaaaaaa ..of aaaaaaaaaaaa ...and aaaaaa vigger aaaaaa aaaaand aaaaaaaa better aaaaa now and aaaa sporting aaaaaaa grey aaaaa hibster aaaaaa beard ..and aaaaaa ..of aaaaaaa not aaaaaaa of aaaaaa surrender aaaaaaa and aaaaa ever. ...aaaand aaaaa international aaaaaa aaaand… language aaaaaaa of aaaaaa standard aaaaaaa ..aaaand aaaaaa this aaaaaaan eeeeeäääh aaaa aand aaaaa".

Wellllll, these things tends to happen. Let´s see how Ronnie kicks off his season! Mark J Williams cleared his also badly damaged reputation, of which was damaged duringthat also garbage last WC-match against totally garbage Ronnie O´Sullivan, pretty smoothly!

...aaaand aaaa Ian Burns choked Jimmy White pretty well. Ian Burns choked him, did just what he was also supposed to! Genius, brilliant work, I would personally argue! BUT, next match, and can´t be anymore. You can´t be serious, can you?????! A very, very likely "learned" too much what he now is supposed to do, aaaaaand aaaaaa we all know what that will result and end, don´t we dear?

Brilliant stuff from Novak, sorry, from Ian and from Mark J Williams also!! Novak, sorry, Ian, did just enough, and that´s a brilliant way to play!

Jack is promising as hell. Someone bottled it against him…. Not the first time something really great starts from there.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:What?

So now suddenly alles gut and back to the normal? YOU CAN`T BE SERIOUS NOW, OR CAN YOU?????! After a long, long well you all know what it was. I would argue still is.

Ronnie winning a one garbage world final against garbage (probably exhausted) Kyren Wilson, and now he´s not hurting anymore.

My head is hurting now a bit.

And this is one of my sources, from one of my sources:
"...and aaaaaaaaaa äääh and aaaaaaaaaaa Vigger aaaaaaaa ..of aaaaaaaaaaaa ...and aaaaaa vigger aaaaaa aaaaand aaaaaaaa better aaaaa now and aaaa sporting aaaaaaa grey aaaaa hibster aaaaaa beard ..and aaaaaa ..of aaaaaaa not aaaaaaa of aaaaaa surrender aaaaaaa and aaaaa ever. ...aaaand aaaaa international aaaaaa aaaand… language aaaaaaa of aaaaaa standard aaaaaaa ..aaaand aaaaaa this aaaaaaan eeeeeäääh aaaa aand aaaaa".

Wellllll, these things tends to happen. Let´s see how Ronnie kicks off his season! Mark J Williams cleared his also badly damaged reputation, of which was damaged duringthat also garbage last WC-match against totally garbage Ronnie O´Sullivan, pretty smoothly!

...aaaand aaaa Ian Burns choked Jimmy White pretty well. Ian Burns choked him, did just what he was also supposed to! Genius, brilliant work, I would personally argue! BUT, next match, and can´t be anymore. You can´t be serious, can you?????! A very, very likely "learned" too much what he now is supposed to do, aaaaaand aaaaaa we all know what that will result and end, don´t we dear?

Brilliant stuff from Novak, sorry, from Ian and from Mark J Williams also!! Novak, sorry, Ian, did just enough, and that´s a brilliant way to play!

Jack is promising as hell. Someone bottled it against him…. Not the first time something really great starts from there.

Tends to be about the amount of sense we usually get in a thread about Ronnie. :shrug: