Post a reply

When will we see back to back 147's in pro play?

Within 5 years
15%
Within 15 years
15%
Within 30 years
8%
Some time in the distant future
8%
Never
54%

Total votes : 13

Re: Back To back 147's

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Trumpster wrote:Ronnie has vowed to retire within the next five years or so. So that's how long we've got to see if it can be done, 5 years or so. After that, probably never.

How can you say that when Luca brecel was a handful of balls away just the other day??

On a side note, when ronnie retires snooker will go on. Hope that doesn't shock you too much.

Was just about to say the same <ok> Only because Ronnie has the most maxis in snooker history doesn't suddently mean he can be the only one capable of achieving that.

As I said above, Ding is a prime example of a player who I could definately see making back to back 147s.

When Ding has grown a pair to be able to lift the Worlds against :bowdown: Ronnie, he may be able to make back to back maxis. That's why I say he's only half as likely to do it, because his mental side is still weak, despite his huge talent. And we know he's got huge talent because :bowdown: Ronnie has said so, anointing him as his chosen successor.

End of the day, making back to back maxis would be the sign of a genius. There is ONLY one genius in snooker, so he's more likely to do it than all the other pros put together.

Postby Andre147

Trumpster wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Trumpster wrote:Ronnie has vowed to retire within the next five years or so. So that's how long we've got to see if it can be done, 5 years or so. After that, probably never.

How can you say that when Luca brecel was a handful of balls away just the other day??

On a side note, when ronnie retires snooker will go on. Hope that doesn't shock you too much.

Was just about to say the same <ok> Only because Ronnie has the most maxis in snooker history doesn't suddently mean he can be the only one capable of achieving that.

As I said above, Ding is a prime example of a player who I could definately see making back to back 147s.

When Ding has grown a pair to be able to lift the Worlds against :bowdown: Ronnie, he may be able to make back to back maxis. That's why I say he's only half as likely to do it, because his mental side is still weak, despite his huge talent. And we know he's got huge talent because :bowdown: Ronnie has said so, anointing him as his chosen successor.

End of the day, making back to back maxis would be the sign of a genius. There is ONLY one genius in snooker, so he's more likely to do it than all the other pros put together.

:huh: :lol: :huh:

Postby Skullman

Trumpster wrote:Luca did it in tin-pot event; big deal. Yeah, snooker will go on, but interest in the UK will decline. China will keep snooker going to be fair, but it will die a further death over here. Clubs are closing while Ronnie carries on, so god knows what happens when all the kids have to look up to is Selby.

There are 6 comments pages on here for the World Open, 24 pages for the Welsh Open. Ronnie wasn't at the World Open was he?!

Can't have helped the World Open that it started at 6am UK time.

Postby Roland

It's true, hardly anyone was following it on twitter. Last year it was on ITV2 so got much bigger interest among UK snooker enthusiasts.

But back on topic I voted yes it will be done in the next 5 years because we have people like Ronnie, Ding and Luca who are capable of doing it in a match.

Which will happen first, 2 consecutive 147s or 2 consecutive 9 darters in a professional ranking event?

And for another twist, which will happen first, the same player makes it or they make 1 each? If it's 1-1 then the player who makes the second wins.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:By the way, does still count as back to back if both maxes weren't by the same player?

Yes, didn't really think of that when I posed the question. I originally thought of one player making both, but I suppose they are still "back to back 147's" by definition, so the answer would have to be yes, they can exchange 147's in successive frames. Would be one hell of a response!