Post a reply

Re: Can Robbo make 100 tons this season ?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Robbo's on 92 atm with the China Open and Worlds left.

Would love if he finished on 99 :-D :clap:

Plus the silly CL tons shouldn't count towards this list anyway, and of the 22 he's made there Group after Group, 70 would be a fairer reflection and therefore he wouldn't reach 100 in a million years this season. But it is what it is, but the CL should definately be scrapped alltogether from the calendar.

Still on 92 it's far from a certainty he'll reach 100, so we'll have to wait and see. Definately needs to make at least a couple in China, because if he ends up having to make 8 in the Worlds.... not impossible, but difficult anyway.

Postby Wildey

they play snooker on a 12x6 table with 22 balls on the table its part of the season so it counts.

Postby Cannonball

He will do it. 8 centuries is just an afternoon and an evenings work for Kanga. He will do it before the Worlds.

Postby PLtheRef

Very unlikely now but not impossible. A deep run in Sheffield is certainly not out of the question and could well happen, that said in the two championships where he has enjoyed his best runs, 2010 he made seven centuries and 2009 he made five. He'll be cutting it fine really now but that may make him relax a bit. Would be ironic if he made the seventh in the World Final. He's got potentially 137 frames to do it

Postby Andre147

If he reaches the quarter-finals I think he'll definately make the 7 centuries he requires to reach that magical 100 number, and if he starts scoring well he may even reach that number in the Last 16, say 3 tons in opening round and another 4 in Last 16 match, just as an example.

Postby SnookerFan

Well, getting to the China Open final and only making one century made this more difficult, in my opinion. If he was on 96 now, I'd say it was bit more likely.

He's obviously not trying as hard now, and concentrating on winning the frame rather than going for a century every time it's on. (Yes Wild, I know that's the correct attitude before you moan on.)

I'm beginning to think he'll be a few short now.

Postby Wildey

in 2012 Jamie Jones made 9 centuries in reaching the Quarter Finals

When Robbo won the title in 2010 he made 7 centuries.

Last time a champion won it with less than 7 centuries was Graeme Dott in 2006 he made 1 and the last time nobody reached double figures Marco Fu made the most 8.

7 is gettable but if he doesn't do it Who cares?

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:in 2012 Jamie Jones made 9 centuries in reaching the Quarter Finals

When Robbo won the title in 2010 he made 7 centuries.

Last time a champion won it with less than 7 centuries was Graeme Dott in 2006 he made 1 and the last time nobody reached double figures Marco Fu made the most 8.

7 is gettable but if he doesn't do it Who cares?

You're talking about this issue a lot for somebody who doesn't care about it. <laugh>

Nobody is claiming that getting to 100 is more important than winning at The Crucible. It'd be good if he did both though.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

It will be nice to be the first man ever to get 100 centuries in a season but in this new era of snooker with tourneys every week someone will beat it within 5 years, maybe even Robbo himself.

Postby Andre147

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:It will be nice to be the first man ever to get 100 centuries in a season but in this new era of snooker with tourneys every week someone will beat it within 5 years, maybe even Robbo himself.

And as long as that silly tin pot CL is still around that will make it even easier to reach 100, Robbo without CL would be on 71 tons, whereas Ding since he didn't play in that is on 61, a fairer reflection I think. Don't get me wrong, Robbo's scoring has been amazing but that CL thing has helped him a lot to reach that number, he still had to make them I know but it's practice like conditions in there so it makes it a hell of a lot easier.

CL needs to be disapper ASAP, but we all know it's gonna stick around for a very long time. pmsl

Postby Roland

4 centuries in his opening match against Robbie Williams and to finish with 2 centuries including a 140. He will do it, I said he would. Go on Robbo :D

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:4 centuries in his opening match against Robbie Williams and to finish with 2 centuries including a 140. He will do it, I said he would. Go on Robbo :D

Yeah now it's almost 100% sure he'll reach 100, unless his breakbuilding game has a huge collapse <laugh>

What will be very intesresting is when he's on 99 how much pressure he will be on to make that 100th... might take a couple of tries, but he will definately reach that number now.

Postby Roland

Yeah I've thought that too, there's bound to be massive pressure on it but then there was pressure on the last couple of shots for each century tonight and he stroked them into the heart of the pocket. I hope I can be there to see him make the 100th. I may actually be there for the last session of his round 2 match if it ends Monday night. Does it end Monday night? Vinnie can get me a ticket if he is so I'll actually be there as a guest of Robbo. What better way to witness the 100th :D

He'll probably get it before then anyway he's playing that well.

Postby Andre147

Will love to see Robbo's reaction when he pots the ball that garantees him the 100th century of the season.

So many players don't even reach that in their entire careers.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Unless Allen kicks him out he'll do it, no doubt.

He could lose 13-3 to Allen, and still get the century of centuries.

We should give this a #COC hashtag like we did with the Champion Of Champions.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 25 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:Will love to see Robbo's reaction when he pots the ball that garantees him the 100th century of the season.

So many players don't even reach that in their entire careers.

FIST PUMP ACTION. :D

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:

He could lose 10-3 to Allen, and still get the century of centuries.

We should give this a #COC hashtag like we did with the Champion Of Champions.

Best of 25.

Postby Wildey

if Allen knocks him out he will still do it

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

if Allen knocks him out he will still do it

Yeah if Allen knocks Robbo out of this tournament Robbo will lose about 13-10, 13-11 or 13-12, so in those frames he wins he's bound to get 3 tons, not garanteed but very likely.

But why should we worry, Robbo always plays his absolute best against Allen so he won't lose to him I'm sure.