Post a reply

Re: Can Robbo make 100 tons this season ?

Postby Alyt

Would be interesting to compare something.

Imagine Robo could have 700+ centuries at the end of his career, or 100 ina season.

We could calculate how many tournaments these 2 palyers signed up for (and check the format also), and have a real comparaison.

Postby Roland

Well he's on 99 now and 9-7 up against Mark Allen in round 2. What I'm hoping for now is that he can win the match without getting the 100th then I'll be there to witness it. Next best scenario is that he gets it before 3pm tomorrow then I can watch it on tv and it doesn't matter if Allen beats him. Worst case now is Allen wins leaving Robbo on 99. I know a few of you would like that but that's just being spoil sports.

Postby Roland

I'm there Tuesday - Thursday all sessions and booked in advance to get there in time for evening session incase I can blag a ticket. Was hoping Robbo v Allen would conclude in the evening but alas.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Well he's on 99 now and 9-7 up against Mark Allen in round 2. What I'm hoping for now is that he can win the match without getting the 100th then I'll be there to witness it. Next best scenario is that he gets it before 3pm tomorrow then I can watch it on tv and it doesn't matter if Allen beats him. Worst case now is Allen wins leaving Robbo on 99. I know a few of you would like that but that's just being spoil sports.

I would love that you know :-D to show some who seem to think getting that 100 mark is almost as important as winning a tournament rofl

But maybe it's like you say, spoil sports and if he doesnt get it and Allen beats him we might have to wait a while again for someone to break that record...

Postby Roland

I'm sure many multiple ranking event winners would sacrifice one of their titles to be the first to knock in 100 centuries in a season. It's a unique achievement

Postby boris_the_butcher

Sonny wrote:I'm sure many multiple ranking event winners would sacrifice one of their titles to be the first to knock in 100 centuries in a season. It's a unique achievement

yet offers no ranking points or prize money but just an arbitrary number of centuries.

Postby Roland

It's a achievement. The reward is in being the first to do it and gaining massive respect from your peers who appreciate what an astonishing feat it is.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I'm sure many multiple ranking event winners would sacrifice one of their titles to be the first to knock in 100 centuries in a season. It's a unique achievement

i think Robbo would trade in 99 if he would win the World Title

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The next obvious milestone would be to make 1.000 career centuries.

Maybe Ronnie or Ding can get that one day :-)

Ronnie as much as it pains me to say won't be around that long enough plus he doesn't play in all the tournaments, hardly half so he won't reach 1000 tons.

I'll be just happy if he surpasses Hendry's record of career tons, which he'll certainly do next season. :-D

As for Ding, yeah I can really see him reach 1000 career centuries.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

I agree, would be pretty stupid if he didnt. As much as an achievment it is to reach those 100 tons, nothing in the game will ever beat being World Champion, especially a 2nd time, that would put him alongside the true greats of the game.

Postby Simone

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:The next obvious milestone would be to make 1.000 career centuries.

Maybe Ronnie or Ding can get that one day :-)

Ronnie as much as it pains me to say won't be around that long enough plus he doesn't play in all the tournaments, hardly half so he won't reach 1000 tons.

I'll be just happy if he surpasses Hendry's record of career tons, which he'll certainly do next season. :-D

As for Ding, yeah I can really see him reach 1000 career centuries.

Ding´s been playing some really negative snooker during this season without getting a stick for it. It would be better for him to get a stick for it when he does it.
Robertson can be so delicous aroung the black, so no suprise he has had such a figures.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:i think Robbo would trade in 99 if he would win the World Title

Course he would.

But I don't see why he can't try to win the World Title and get the century of centuries. They're not mutually exclusive.

Postby Lucky

All this crap about first to a hundred......he's been first to 64,65,66,67........surely 147 is the snookering benchmark?

Postby Roland

Wildey wrote:

No rubbish if you're talking majors. Why do some have the need to belittle this achievement? It's phenomenal what he's done this season.

Postby SnookerFan

Lucky wrote:All this crap about first to a hundred......he's been first to 64,65,66,67........surely 147 is the snookering benchmark?

It's the century of centuries, man. It has a cool twitter hashtag #CoC.

Used exclusively by me to describe this fine achievement.

Postby GJ

BOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:When will Robbo get his trophy and his check for this achievement?

I know what you mean, but it's not all about trophies or prize money, it's about being the first to actually achieve an incredible feat.

But after that ridiculous reation from him I wanted Judd to win the match just for Robbo to really feel how silly he was with all that, it would be fine if it was to win the match, but he had just leveled at 11 all FFS <doh> his reaction as if he had won the tournament... he still had a match to win, and for another player that might have spured him on to beat Robbo, but Judd went into his shell and couldn't recover...

I definately agree with what some players said on Twitter, namely Allen and Ben Harrison, we're not questioning the guy's achievment because it is indeed an incredible feat that will stand for a while I think, but that reaction was way over the top.

Anyway, he did manage to win the match in the end, lucky for him otherwise that reaction would have seemed so <doh> it still does anyway...

Postby Andre147

So, now that he's finally made that 100th ton how many more you think he can add in this year's Worlds?

Now that the pressure is off, he may get 3 or 4 against Selby and if he reaches the Final another similar number maybe...

My guess is he'll end this season with... 105.

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:If Robertson won the whole tournament, he could still get to 147 centuries.

Needs him to give away a few in fouls as he now only needs 35 more frames for the title.

What a phenomenal achievement. No matter how many tournaments there are in a season, No one has every approached this landmark. An absolute privilege to be there.

I've picked me moments this season. In the Barbican for Selby's 147 and the Crucible for Robertson's 100th 100