Post a reply

Re: Steve Davis set for the Jungle

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

I think it's a decent deal and it's the same if you get kicked the first week. Doubt that will happen to Davis thou, he's a bit more likeable than the fuds they usually have.

Postby Andy Spark

I heard that before they get sent out to eat kangaroos bullocks and have rats vomit shoved up their bottom in the jungle they get to stay in a SIX Star hotel! I've never heard of such a thing, but personally if I was staying at a hotel that claimed to have not five but six stars I'd expect to be poured into the lap of an awaiting Thai prostitute each morning together with having my choice of VIP personally transported to my bedroom for ritual humiliation of my own deciding..in that sense I guess what goes around comes around, not that Steve's off to become a prostitute but that he might get asked to do something a bit degrading for our pleasure.

Postby SnookerFan

Don't they have to fill in their biggest phobias on the application?

Steve Davis should put 'People asking for my autograph'. Grumpy old sod. :gag:

Postby Lucky

Or.....he could pay his own travel and expenses and try and win the aussie open three times to get the same amount. Not including his family been put up in the versace for three weeks. Anyone who thinks its anything more than a VERY well paid camping holiday is crazy. He'd be in more danger on the streets of Romford.

Postby Wildey

or commentating with Dennis Taylor he could get clobbered by a golf Club.

Postby SnookerFan

Lucky wrote:Or.....he could pay his own travel and expenses and try and win the aussie open three times to get the same amount. Not including his family been put up in the versace for three weeks. Anyone who thinks its anything more than a VERY well paid camping holiday is crazy. He'd be in more danger on the streets of Romford.

That's probably true. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

I started paying attention to this in the paper today, as I share an office with two guys who watch it and will be talking about it. Apparently Rebecca Adlington got something like £80,000 appearance money. Now I know that, it makes this show even more baffling.

I don't see why anybody would try to win, if they are getting paid that just for appearing. When they contest involves eating insects and showering in turd, I'd have thought paying for appearance was a sure-fire way of getting people actively trying to lose.

You're getting paid well anyway, why stay around just to do rubbish like that? Anybody who goes; "Oooh look, I've won. I've done something impressive" surely has missed the point. I'd be more impressed if you took the money, and managed to get away without making a hammer of yourself. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

as a Sportsman Steve Davis will see it as a challenge and at the end of the day everyone wants to be loved by the public so if they win it would give their ever increasing egos a massive boost.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:as a Sportsman Steve Davis will see it as a challenge and at the end of the day everyone wants to be loved by the public so if they win it would give their ever increasing egos a massive boost.

The people who watch I'm A Celebrity are more pubic than public....

Yes, I'm aware I'm keeping this thread alive by keep moaning about it. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

are World Snooker losing the sodding plot <doh> :td: <doh>

YES OR YES

Postby Skullman

Wildey wrote:
Skullman wrote:Where's that from?

LIVE Scoring

In that case, that's poor. It's great WS are behind Davis, but keep it on the main site, not the scores.

Postby snooker_loopy

The timing of the show doesn't do Steve any favours. Obviously Steve doesn't set the schedule of the show but had it been at any time outside of the main big snooker events his decision would seem less like "two fingers up" to snooker. He holds the record for the most UK titles - six.

Postby Andre147

snooker_loopy wrote:The timing of the show doesn't do Steve any favours. Obviously Steve doesn't set the schedule of the show but had it been at any time outside of the main big snooker events his decision would seem less like "two fingers up" to snooker. He holds the record for the most UK titles - six.

A good run at the UK, say reaching Last 32 or Last 16 for instance, might make his chances of staying in the Top 64 improve.

As it is, that could be in jeopardy.

Postby snooker loopy

snooker_loopy wrote:The timing of the show doesn't do Steve any favours. Obviously Steve doesn't set the schedule of the show but had it been at any time outside of the main big snooker events his decision would seem less like "two fingers up" to snooker. He holds the record for the most UK titles - six.

It doesn't set the schedule but he would have been aware roughly when it was. The fact he's withdrawn is a shame. I think he's probably planning to retire at the end of this season and now actively not caring about his top 64 place, he'll probably retire at the World Championship so he gets all the fanfare of BBC jizzing over him as well.

Postby snooker loopy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Davis will have to qualify to get to the Crucible first and that won't be easy at all.

Who says he actually needs to play a match at the crucible for the BBC to jizz over him retiring?

Postby snooker loopy

Jewell wrote:
snooker loopy wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Davis will have to qualify to get to the Crucible first and that won't be easy at all.

Who says he actually needs to play a match at the crucible for the BBC to jizz over him retiring?

Hopefully, it won't be as cringeworthy as when Hendry retired.

It'll probably be more cringeworthy but far short of whatever they'll do when it's Ronnie's turn.

Postby SnookerFan

Somebody at work asked if I'd heard the rumour that Ronnie O'Sullivan is going on Big Brother. I said I hadn't, but I heard the same rumour last year. <laugh>

Postby snooker_loopy

I'm still surprised Steve hasn't taken part in the UK Championship. It's doubtful he'd do well but even so, snooker is his first love, so it's hard to understand why he'd sacrifice the second biggest tournament of the season. Okay, he's getting paid a lot for I'm A Celeb - one site mentions 240 grand (!), but even so... :chin: