Post a reply

Re: Commentators

Postby Andre147

Lucky wrote:They didn't follow Dohertys line once........it was incredible.

Maybe it's asking too much, but you know which match was that?

Would love to watch it if it's on Youtube <laugh>

Postby Souvent

I still think the worst thing about Taylor is the way he pronounces the word "black". I seriously can't stand it. It's torture. I don't mind his repetitive drivel that much.

Postby SnookerFan

Souvent wrote:I still think the worst thing about Taylor is the way he pronounces the word "black". I seriously can't stand it. It's torture. I don't mind his repetitive drivel that much.

rofl

Postby Souvent

SnookerFan wrote:
Souvent wrote:I still think the worst thing about Taylor is the way he pronounces the word "black". I seriously can't stand it. It's torture. I don't mind his repetitive drivel that much.

rofl

Also, Terry Griffith's "blue".

Postby Alyt

Why Taylor is not popular?

Postby vodkadiet

Alyt wrote:Why Taylor is not popular?

He is popular. In his own mind!

Postby SnookerFan

Taylor has uses, as a personality. Using him as a comedic snooker legend is different to being a commentator though.

He knows more about golf than snooker.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

vodkadiet wrote:The BBC have to sack Dennis Taylor. He is always the last commentator commentating at the end of every tournament, I assume because those in charge of snooker at the BBC think he is the most popular commentator. Why? The reason it is because an old boy's club.

I have just watched the last 3 minutes of the Dale match, and he made error after error after error whilst commentating. Here is a summary:

Wasley was snookered behind the pink, when needing to hit the blue, the blue was close to the black near the corner pocket, Wasley missed the blue, the ball hit the back cushion, hit the black, which In turn moved the blue. The balls were then replaced. Taylor says "He is having them replaced, but why are the moving the blue? The blue never moved!!"

Taylor then says "Dominic Dale is on the verge of his first ever quarter final". He then repeated this statement a short time after.

Meanwhile Wasley failed to hit the snooker a second time. This left Dale 17 ahead with 18 left on the table. Taylor then says "Michael will have to hit the blue this time, otherwise he will need a snooker". Taylor had completely failed to notice that the blue was hanging over the pocket for Dale to clinch the match without replacing the balls.

Finally Taylor, having been prompted that his earlier comment about Dale having never been to the quarters before was untrue attempts to correct himself, by saying "It will in fact be Dominic's second appearance in the quarters, having previously reached that stage in 1999".

Dominic had been to the quarters once before, but it wasn't in 1999!

BBC licence payers are paying the wages of this verbal incompetent.

I would like a petition set up by snooker fans to get rid of him once and for all. He is a liability and needs to be sent out to grass. He could spend every remaining hour that he has left on this mortal coil on various golf courses the length and breadth of Great Britain, telling anyone who cared to listen about his black ball win in 1985 whilst wagging his index finger. I am sure he can at least remember it was in 1985 he won the World Championship and not 1885! Although I am not so sure....

I have to laugh when a person hates someone so much he,,,, listens even more intently and even writes it down!

Postby vodkadiet

Taylor was back talking about golf again last night. Golf is the most boring game on the planet, then again Taylor is the most boring person on the planet.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Taylor was back talking about golf again last night. Golf is the most boring game on the planet, then again Taylor is the most boring person on the planet.

Beeb's biggest mistake was to sack Clive Everton.

Bring back Clive and rid rid of Dennis pmsl

But if I were Clive and they asked me to comeback I would only say:

"Stick that up your jacksie", like the great Alex Higgins once said :clap:

Postby Andre147

Clive wouldnt say that though because he is very polite...

He would say it in a polite way.

Postby JDM375

When will Cliff Thorburn's first class flight be mentioned this year?

Postby vodkadiet

JDM375 wrote:When will Cliff Thorburn's first class flight be mentioned this year?

Taylor mentioned it after a few days of the tournament. He calls Thorburn his best mate, I wonder if Thorburn feels the same way about 'The Red Faced Ulster Bore'.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Taylor was back talking about golf again last night. Golf is the most boring game on the planet, then again Taylor is the most boring person on the planet.

Beeb's biggest mistake was to sack Clive Everton.

Bring back Clive and rid rid of Dennis pmsl

But if I were Clive and they asked me to comeback I would only say:

"Stick that up your jacksie", like the great Alex Higgins once said :clap:

And Virgo. And Willie Thorne. And Parrott.

Postby vodkadiet

Dennis Taylor "How's his luck? I'll tell you what..." "Can you get your breath?"

Postby GJ

That's amazinggggggggg

That's carelessssssssss

Inch perfectttttttt

Where's the cue ball goinggggggg

Postby vodkadiet

"As a player you think in terms of mini sessions and you try to win each one 3-1".

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:"As a player you think in terms of mini sessions and you try to win each one 3-1".

Well that in fact is how players should look at this long session matches, so for once Dennis is right in saying that. <ok>

Postby GJ

:lol:

That's ronnie's good friend Damian Hirst in the audience

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote::lol:

Have I mentioned Cliff flew in from Canada in first class? :lol:

Postby GJ

Andre147 PGC wrote:
GJ wrote::lol:

Have I mentioned Cliff flew in from Canada in first class? :lol:

:lol:

Postby vodkadiet

"That was like one of your golf shots John (chuckle)".

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 PGC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:"As a player you think in terms of mini sessions and you try to win each one 3-1".

Well that in fact is how players should look at this long session matches, so for once Dennis is right in saying that. <ok>

Wrong. You try to win every single frame, unless of course you are Murphy or Hawkins, when you prefer to lose every frame.

Postby vodkadiet

We'll no doubt have to suffer multiple camera shots of O'Sullivan's kids during the final with lots of Dennis Taylor making comments about how wonderful it all is, as though O'Sullivan was the only male member of the human species who had converted his semen in to a human being. I will be sticking my fingers down my throat.