Post a reply

Re: SWSA no longer to stage pro ranking events after this se

Postby Alpha

I agree with Sonny, it's World Snooker/Barry Hearn's loss. When from next season the players go back to playing the UK PTC's in front of one man and a dog in a Sheffield cubicle, hopefully Hearn (or World Snooker) will remember pulling the plug on the Pink Ribbon charity event streaming and the SPA will remember that letter they wrote.

Postby Uaintseenmeright

Alpha wrote:I agree with Sonny, it's World Snooker/Barry Hearn's loss. When from next season the players go back to playing the UK PTC's in front of one man and a dog in a Sheffield cubicle, hopefully Hearn (or World Snooker) will remember pulling the plug on the Pink Ribbon charity event streaming and the SPA will remember that letter they wrote.

Totally right IMO.

I was at the Pink Ribbon when word got back that WS had pulled the plug on the Pink Ribbon. WS quoted some total and utter shyte about player contracts etc but the bottom line was they couldnt stand the fact that they werent making $$$ out of the event, so although the whole Pink Ribbon event was to raise money for Breast Cancer Charities the plug was pulled. It was one of the most disgraceful things WS have done since Hearn took over.

As for the players and the SPA, well we all know who the moaners are dont we. Same drama queens they always are. Poor little darlings, having to go to a restaurant to get a meal or having to pay for a cup of coffee. You can tell from the cars in the car park how hard up the little dears are. As for the comments about the tables well anyone who has been to the SWSA will know thats just laughable. ALL the tabels are tournament spec, underheated Star tables. They are superb, a total delight to play on. OK, so a few losing players moan about the table - come on whats new in that. They are just upset they lost and so they moan.

As you say Alpha, lets see how they like playing in those awful cubicles with no one watching, no atmostphere, no welcome. Great, well done SPA.

The SWSA have had the courage to stand up to the arrogance that is WS Ltd & WPBSA. It can not have been an aesy descision for them, but it was the right decision and purely increases the respect I have for the SWSA and in particular, Paul Mount and Janie Watkins.

Postby Roland

Pulling the plug on the Pink Ribbon was stupid and disrespectful, and that's being kind. A reasonable approach would be to say "Ok this time you can do it but next time please ask for permission and it will be granted subject to clashes with any of our events".

Postby snooky147

Pulling the Pink Ribbon streaming was petty, to say the least but I can just imagine the conversations between WSA and Paul Mount. I don't know Mount but I imagine he was pretty frustrated if they adopted their usual arrogant and demanding tone.

Postby Wildey

Pulling the Streaming was not their Proudest Moment however it came at the Height of the Disagreement with Ronnie over Players Contract so it Braught players contract to the minds of every player and the implications it Meant so a player queeried his Contract and World Snooker took action.

Had they not acted and pulled the Plug it would open the floodgates for the likes of Ronnie in Future.

WSA Simply had no alternative.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:Of course they did, as I mentioned above.

not a option thanks to Ronnie once you do that you open yourself up in Legal implications

They had every option and it had nothing to do with Ronnie. Once again you show your bias and your ignorance of the facts.
The whole thing was triggered by one player attending the pink ribbon calling WSA and asking if he would be in breach of contract if he was to play on streaming (*). That was the thing that triggered it and from there on they couldn't turn a blind eye on it. However WSA could still have agreed to give their sanction, given the nature of the event, with maybe a statement explaining why they were doing an exception and asking organisers to make certain they got the sanction in time in the future.

(*) and no I will not tell you who it was.

Postby Wildey

i have no doubt that World Snooker was making a point regarding Streaming of the pink Ribbon.

by asking Paul to pull the Plug they were showing Ronnie and his people even a charity don't get concessions so you have no chance.

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:and Then Ronnie and Grovesnooker will be making a big deal asking if Paul Mount can Run a event with Steaming with Main Tour players WHY CANT WE.

Now you are becoming ridiculous. Grove Academy is not suitable to run tournaments and it never was their intention to do that. If ever Ronnie or any other player want to set up an exhibition tournament - something BTW that was done with Dragonstars in the past, both in Hamm and in Berlin, or by Higgins with his World Series - it won't be a the Grove Academy. The premises are not suitable for it. But even if it were, if any player wants to take part to a tournament, they should in my opinion be free to do so, be it streamed or not. They are self employed, not WSA/WS employees, so they should have every freedom to chose the jobs they want to do. There is not reason they should support the risks of self-employment without the advantages of it.
BTW, none of the aforementioned exhibition tournaments did any harm to the game, quite the opposite. Notably, the dragonstars events allowed to assess the Tempodrom as a suitable snooker venue and proved that you could fill a 2500 seats venue with a snooker event in Europe.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:http://snookerscene.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/world-snooker-and-swsa-what-went-wrong.html

Really the only Part of that i can seriously point towards Barry Hearn is the Clothing issues.

Other things like Disciplinary and Taking away Streaming is pretty Petty to Be Fair and not very Professional on his part if he takes offense regarding that.

and a Prime example of why Paul would be Wrong to Run the Sport as has been mentioned above.... he lets his Heart Rule his Head.

Whitch is a very Good trait because i do that a lot But you really need someone Very Ruthless to turn a Sport in to success.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild WC wrote:and Then Ronnie and Grovesnooker will be making a big deal asking if Paul Mount can Run a event with Steaming with Main Tour players WHY CANT WE.

Now you are becoming ridiculous. Grove Academy is not suitable to run tournaments and it never was their intention to do that. If ever Ronnie or any other player want to set up an exhibition tournament - something BTW that was done with Dragonstars in the past, both in Hamm and in Berlin, or by Higgins with his World Series - it won't be a the Grove Academy. The premises are not suitable for it. But even if it were, if any player wants to take part to a tournament, they should in my opinion be free to do so, be it streamed or not. They are self employed, not WSA/WS employees, so they should have every freedom to chose the jobs they want to do. There is not reason they should support the risks of self-employment without the advantages of it.
BTW, none of the aforementioned exhibition tournaments did any harm to the game, quite the opposite. Notably, the dragonstars events allowed to assess the Tempodrom as a suitable snooker venue and proved that you could fill a 2500 seats venue with a snooker event in Europe.

Monique you really are a bit dim arent you

i did not mean streamed from the bucking Academy i meant Ronnie playing Televised or Streamed Exhibitions in China or elsewhere.

Postby Monique

And why would he not be allowed to do that? He or any other player BTW? They are SELF EMPLOYED. They should be free to take any job offer they see suitable and manage their career. The World Series were partly streamed, partly broadcasted by ES. What was the problem with it?

Now here is a question for you, one I know the actual answer and I want YOU to answer it… why are the players no more allowed to play in streamed events or televised events that have not been sanctioned by WS?
Show us that you actually know what you are constantly ranting about.

Postby gallantrabbit

Just a quick comment as I don't have time to get involved.
Having BH around has probably upped the arrogance scales on anyone involved in WS so in that way Hearny hasn't helped.
It's a poor result for both sides unfortunately and hopefully Mount and Hearn will get a meet set up and sort it out between them.

Postby Uaintseenmeright

Wow WC you are one angry person arent you? I suspect there is something about what you do / who you work for that you're itching to 'impress' us with and its why you think you have the right to insult anyone that dares question the validity of the shyte you write.

You're not capable of debate, its just one insult after another. I confess that I've fired a few your way as well but really, its just a statement of fact rather than an insult. Lets face it, you really are a pr1ck and thats clear for all to see.

So come on WC, you know youre itching to tell us why you know better. Is it that pass you wear around your neck at events perhaps? Is that it? Two a penny mate. Actually, thinking about it, no dont bother, I dont really care who you think you are. What I see is someone who typifies everything thats wrong with World Snooker and the reason why the SWSA has just taught them a lesson. So if you told me you worked for WS Ltd / WPBSA, you know what, Id believe you. You're qualified to, thats for sure <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Uaintseenmeright wrote:Wow WC you are one angry person arent you? I suspect there is something about what you do / who you work for that you're itching to 'impress' us with and its why you think you have the right to insult anyone that dares question the validity of the shyte you write.

You're not capable of debate, its just one insult after another. I confess that I've fired a few your way as well but really, its just a statement of fact rather than an insult. Lets face it, you really are a pr1ck and thats clear for all to see.

So come on WC, you know youre itching to tell us why you know better. Is it that pass you wear around your neck at events perhaps? Is that it? Two a penny mate. Actually, thinking about it, no dont bother, I dont really care who you think you are. What I see is someone who typifies everything thats wrong with World Snooker and the reason why the SWSA has just taught them a lesson. So if you told me you worked for WS Ltd / WPBSA, you know what, Id believe you. You're qualified to, thats for sure <laugh>

so who do you think should run snooker then ?

give me a list.

and BTW What was very wrong in world snooker for many years was player power that's why hearn was brought in so if you want to blame anyone for hearn its years of that rubbish.

Postby Casey

I’m sorry Wild, but Hearn sits on top of the decision making process. He is the head guy, World snooker is not a £100 mill Company, and they are a small business in the scheme of things. He has administrators and he has Directors helping him run the business, but such issues that have been highlighted would have ran through Hearn at some level.

Whether you like it or not, Hearn has to take the blame for the mistakes that have been made here. They were to say the least draconian over the Pink Ribbon affair and now with the re-cloth farce.
I don’t know Paul but the facts speak for themselves, he has himself funded a snooker academy and tried to help out in the pro game – at his own loss. Now he has been driven away, I don’t understand how you can’t find the fault in that Wild.

Postby Uaintseenmeright

Wild WC wrote:
Uaintseenmeright wrote:Wow WC you are one angry person arent you? I suspect there is something about what you do / who you work for that you're itching to 'impress' us with and its why you think you have the right to insult anyone that dares question the validity of the shyte you write.

so who do you think should run snooker then ?

give me a list.

and BTW What was very wrong in world snooker for many years was player power that's why hearn was brought in so if you want to blame anyone for hearn its years of that donkey doo.

WC, ok, if you look above somewhere up there you'll see I did answer that. My first choice was Homer Simpson although apparently he is contracted to Fox for a few more years and then, joking apart and in all seriousness I suggested Paul Mount who in my opinion is one of the best candidates I've met for the job. I think we can both accept that we possibly have been around and about the circuit. I've met all the people that we both have probably met and quite frankly he, for me stands out head and shoulders above the rest.

I know with Hearn its just about business and do you know what WC, I dont blame Hearn for that. People knew what he was before they gave the game to him so they knew what they were voting for. I just think some of those players assumed that they would get, shall we say a little more of an easy ride than they have and now many of them, I know for a fact, regret what they did. A few speak out and get fined of course but most are way too scared to say how they feel, well on the record anyway.

As for the team Paul would have with him, well that would be upto him and his board but I tell you what WC (and I know you'll rubbish this) but I'd chuck my cv in there and I've met many passionate people along the way who would be great additions to the game as well. My basic principle would be 'Treat others as you would be treated" - and not the current WS Ltd WSA one which is 'Do as we say, not as we do"

So, thats my take on 'who instead?'

You see WC

Postby Wildey

Paul Mount is a top Guy he Puts his money in to a Passion and aplaud that but he has Never Shown any intrest what so ever to Run the Sport and has not got any interest in doing so.

its easy to name names just try coming up with a Genuine candidate

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Its not a question of coming up with a candidate. Its for Hearn and his minions to be more open in their dealings with potential benefactors like Paul Mount.

Agree however i have to be totally honest after Reading the Hendon Blog its got very little to do with Hearn.

yes the cloth thing however surely that was something that was discussed when signing the deal and both parties went along with it.

Streaming yes however that was a Business decision that included Perform who has streaming contracts with WSA Not personally against Paul or SWSA.

For what i can see all this stems from players complaining of having to Buy tea and sandwiches and paying £4 for Practice.

not to mention Les Barton sticking his ore in and making Public a private convo he had with Paul.

and ofcourse having World no 2 Trump tweeting “Some serious jobsworths at Gloucester academy, back to Sheffield please,” made Paul think WHY DO I BOTHER

Postby Monique

Wild WC wrote:
snooky147 wrote:Its not a question of coming up with a candidate. Its for Hearn and his minions to be more open in their dealings with potential benefactors like Paul Mount.

Agree however i have to be totally honest after Reading the Hendon Blog its got very little to do with Hearn.

yes the cloth thing however surely that was something that was discussed when signing the deal and both parties went along with it.

Streaming yes however that was a Business decision that included Perform who has streaming contracts with WSA Not personally against Paul or SWSA.

For what i can see all this stems from players complaining of having to Buy tea and sandwiches and paying £4 for Practice.

not to mention Les Barton sticking his ore in and making Public a private convo he had with Paul.

and ofcourse having World no 2 Trump tweeting “Some serious jobsworths at Gloucester academy, back to Sheffield please,” made Paul think WHY DO I BOTHER

You are not serious, are you Wild? Do you really believe that a business man like Paul, who owns and runs successfully an enterprise like MIUS for years, would make a business decision with such serious consequences just because of a throwaway comment on twitter by a young player peeved after a spat with one of his stall members? After all the efforts he's put in his academy? Be real.
There is certainly more than what has been exposed in Dave's blog and far more serious than Judd's tweets.