Post a reply

Re: I went to the Snooker Legends last night

Postby SnookerFan

Wild WC wrote:i like the way Ronnie goes on these Legend Nights and Goes on its Been Great to meet the fans.

how about Meeting fans in Australia if he gets a Buzz out of Meeting Fans.

I didn't wait around for the meet and greet, or whatever they want to call it. I just object to the Snooker Legends policy of only signing autographs for people who have purchased merchandise. (Especially when most of the merchandise is so rubbish.) But it did seem Ronnie was the first one to be sat down waiting to meet people. Michaela and Virgo were wondering around the lobby, wondering what had happened to Jimmy White. rofl

Probably found the bar.

Postby Roland

I just object to the Snooker Legends policy of only signing autographs for people who have purchased merchandise.

But it's Snooker Legends, it's only about money.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:
I just object to the Snooker Legends policy of only signing autographs for people who have purchased merchandise.

But it's Snooker Legends, it's only about money.

I realise this. It doesn't mean I can't object to it. Especially when the majority of people I've seen at Snooker Legends have given me their autographs for free when I've met them hanging around venues at ranking events.

At least the lack of Dennis Taylor meant they didn't do that shitty auction thing. "Come on, who wants to pay £250 for a snooker cue that Jimmy White used for an hour in a practice session once... Anybody? Please. Anybody at all?" rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:i like the way Ronnie goes on these Legend Nights and Goes on its Been Great to meet the fans.

how about Meeting fans in Australia if he gets a Buzz out of Meeting Fans.

I didn't wait around for the meet and greet, or whatever they want to call it. I just object to the Snooker Legends policy of only signing autographs for people who have purchased merchandise. (Especially when most of the merchandise is so rubbish.) But it did seem Ronnie was the first one to be sat down waiting to meet people. Michaela and Virgo were wondering around the lobby, wondering what had happened to Jimmy White. rofl

Probably found the bar.

i had a meet and greet with Selby and Ronnie during a PL night about 2 years ago Selby had enough time for everyone signing autographs chatting getting pictures taken Ronnie on the other hand if you blinked you would have missed him in a crowd of people (now you see him if you lucky now you dont)

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:For charity or for dollar? I can believe it anyway.

As far as I am aware, it's for themselves. (But will obviously retract that if I discovered they were, in fact, giving it to charity.)

It's pretty cringe worthy either way. The way Taylor begs you to spend a bit extra. Somebody will have bet £200 for a cue, that Jimmy has played with and Taylor's going; "Come on. Somebody must want to spend more. Anybody? You sir bid earlier, what about you? Your mates will love it. Come on. Anybody." :roll:

When you consider how many Snooker Legends events they had last year, if they sold one of 'Jimmy's cues' at each one of them, he can't have played with any of them for very long. rofl

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

As far as I am aware, it's for themselves. (But will obviously retract that if I discovered they were, in fact, giving it to charity.)

It's pretty cringe worthy either way. The way Taylor begs you to spend a bit extra. Somebody will have bet £200 for a cue, that Jimmy has played with and Taylor's going; "Come on. Somebody must want to spend more. Anybody? You sir bid earlier, what about you? Your mates will love it. Come on. Anybody." :roll:

When you consider how many Snooker Legends events they had last year, if they sold one of 'Jimmy's cues' at each one of them, he can't have played with any of them for very long. rofl

they should do chalk as well................."here is a piece of chalk that Jimmy once chalked his cue with"..............and technically speaking Jimmy could use a different piece of chalk in practice for every shot then put them all back in the box and ready for auction. Whowouldofthoughit. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

next Year they will be Auctioning the Cue Hendry won his 7 world title with not remembering that Cue Actually got Broke rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Now I'm finding reasons to nitpick/moan, I reckon the VIP Packages are a bit of a liberty as well. You pay £75, whereby you get guaranteed a seat down the front, and offered a champagne reception with the players. Which might sound good, but they only do that 45 minutes before the show is scheduled to start.

People paying £75 for a brief meeting with Ronnie I could perhaps accept, even if it sounds a bit sad. But who the hell is going to pay £75 just so they can neck a glass of champagne with Virgo, Taylor and John Parrott beforehand? rofl

They can be good nights, don't get me wrong. But their money grabbing is unreal.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Now I'm finding reasons to nitpick/moan, I reckon the VIP Packages are a bit of a liberty as well. You pay £75, whereby you get guaranteed a seat down the front, and offered a champagne reception with the players. Which might sound good, but they only do that 45 minutes before the show is scheduled to start.

People paying £75 for a brief meeting with Ronnie I could perhaps accept, even if it sounds a bit sad. But who the hell is going to pay £75 just so they can neck a glass of champagne with Virgo, Taylor and John Parrott beforehand? rofl

They can be good nights, don't get me wrong. But their money grabbing is unreal.

<doh>

i did last year :no:

and i bought merchandise :wave:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Now I'm finding reasons to nitpick/moan, I reckon the VIP Packages are a bit of a liberty as well. You pay £75, whereby you get guaranteed a seat down the front, and offered a champagne reception with the players. Which might sound good, but they only do that 45 minutes before the show is scheduled to start.

<doh>

Dont have to tell us <ok>

we all know your not very bright with MUG Tattooed on your forehead rofl

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

<doh>

<doh>

im just not a skinflint and miser like all you lot :no:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

<doh>

<doh>

im just not a skinflint and miser like all you lot :no:

Did you buy a cue that Jimmy White had played with?