Post a reply

Re: PLAYERS BIGGEST PAYDAYS

Postby Casey

snooky147 wrote:I'll say one thing on this, I certainly would not have held the Australian tourney again unless the deplorable tax situation was settled.
Money does matter guys, no matter with all the platitudes about the good of the game. Well buck the good of the game if you get to a venue and can actually lose money.

Can they not claim it back?

It's not much different in the UK - Nadal pulled out of Queens because if he plays 3 Uk events it costs him money overall....

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:I'm all in favour of a flat system witz and you know that. My grudges against wild's ranting is twofolds: 1. sport isn't a community or charity work, hence the sportsmen/women need to be able to make a decent living if they win - whatever the organisation of the sport, 2. I don't accept getting insulted instead of being answered with some sensible stuff. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but then I expect a polite an well thought answer, not being called a a bucking runt or worse.

Give me a straight answer then without fannying about like a deranged mother hen.

how do you sugest players makes more money ???

how do you sugest Barry Hearn gives them more money ???

and dont start with bullocks about too much snooker claptrab marmite the way things are this season is a long time coming and you want things to move at a pedestrian pace until sponsors die of bordom without anything to start investing in.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:I'm all in favour of a flat system witz and you know that. My grudges against wild's ranting is twofolds: 1. sport isn't a community or charity work, hence the sportsmen/women need to be able to make a decent living if they win - whatever the organisation of the sport, 2. I don't accept getting insulted instead of being answered with some sensible stuff. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but then I expect a polite an well thought answer, not being called a a bucking runt or worse.

Give me a straight answer then without fannying about like a deranged mother hen.

how do you sugest players makes more money ???

how do you sugest Barry Hearn gives them more money ???

and dont start with bullocks about too much snooker claptrab marmite the way things are this season is a long time coming and you want things to move at a pedestrian pace until sponsors die of bordom without anything to start investing in.

I will care to answer you in detail when YOU will answer this very simple question: how are players to spend money they don't have when sponsors and WSA can't by your own admission?

Meanwhile I will just ignore you. You know only one way to interact with people when you are in the wrong and that's insults. It's just a shame I can't block you because you are on the staff. I do appreciate all the work you do for the forum but this is not on.

Postby Wildey

Monique

unless Players Do it and do the groundwork im sorry but Sponsors will never ever fork out more cash in future.

it might be catch 22 situation but the destiny of Snooker is firmly in the hands of the Current players NOT Barry Hearn he just has to give them events to play in its up to them by good PR to persuade Sponsors Snooker is worth increased Investment in future.