Post a reply

Re: LATEST PROVISIONAL END OF SEASON RANKINGS

Postby Rocket_ron

I cant for the life of me work out how you have got theses figues?
how are you working them out witz?

2010/2011 points + 2011/2012 points to date + min points for China and WC

If thats right i have differing points to yours

Postby Witz78

my total was only 2010-11, 2011-12 so far plus min points for PTC Finals and World Open

i can now add in the China and Worlds minimum points too with certainty so there will be some change to my figures

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:my total was only 2010-11, 2011-12 so far plus min points for PTC Finals and World Open

i can now add in the China and Worlds minimum points too with certainty so there will be some change to my figures

When?

Postby GJ

Robbo needs a good run in world open as he loses alot of points soon

Hendo first up though

Postby Witz78

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Will that be the top 16 for the World's or have I totally got it wrong?

NO

YOUVE GOT IT TOTALLY WRONG

thats the provisional list for the end of the season

the official list for the top 16 at the worlds was rubber stamped after the Welsh Open final tonight <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Will that be the top 16 for the World's or have I totally got it wrong?

You totally got it wrong. The top 16 for the Crucible was decided this week. We even have a thread in the Welsh Open section just about the Crucible seedings.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Alright witz nice one.

Thought I had, just goes to show though what a demise Carter is on. I know your not very keen on him at all, and I can see him definitely retiring at the end of the season now, can also see him going out in the first round of the World Championships, if someone like Hawkins, Fu, Hendry get through and get drawn against Ali.

Nice to see Gould staying on the rise though, top five in the World soon I reckon ;)

Postby Witz78

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Alright witz nice one.

Thought I had, just goes to show though what a demise Carter is on. I know your not very keen on him at all, and I can see him definitely retiring at the end of the season now, can also see him going out in the first round of the World Championships, if someone like Hawkins, Fu, Hendry get through and get drawn against Ali.

Nice to see Gould staying on the rise though, top five in the World soon I reckon ;)

Gould will soon drop

if you cant actually beat anyone else in the top 16 then what hope have you got of getting near the top 5

Postby Skullman

Very tight 9-16 though, with only 3,715 separating Stevens at 9th and Allen at 16th. If Gould maintains his performance in rankers there is a good chance he can get overtaken by a few players.

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Gould is already up to 10th without beating a top 16 player in a ranker for quite some time.

hes just a beneficiary of the flawed ranking system that over rewards round 1 wins <ok>

ive went right off Gould after his attitude in the pub in Blackpool anyway <doh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Gould is already up to 10th without beating a top 16 player in a ranker for quite some time.

hes just a beneficiary of the flawed ranking system that over rewards round 1 wins <ok>

ive went right off Gould after his attitude in the pub in Blackpool anyway <doh>

what happened in Blackpool?

Postby Alex0paul

Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Pro Snooker Blog has the new list online:

HERE

How the hell is Allen down to 16th?

China Open semi final and World Championship quarter final points have come off.

Postby Casey

Alex0paul wrote:
Casey wrote:

HERE

China Open semi final and World Championship quarter final points have come off.

Brutal!

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Casey wrote:

HERE

Brutal!

just shows how vital his UK Championship run was or he would have been under it this period if he lost to Marco Fu in the UK Quarters.

as it is he has to keep it consistant and he will be fine...Carter on the other hand could do with a tournament win somewhere.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wild you think Hendry will ever return in the top 16? Doesn't look good at all at the moment - 10.000 points behind a top 16 place.

if he can win his next 2 qualifiers he will have a good foundation to build from but he needs a few more last 16s and quarter finals next season to get there.......i think on form he is more than capable...but he cant sustain it, against Allen in wales he was marmite after solidly beating Robbo in the last 32.

yea but you must remember regarding that 10,000 points he only won 920 points from the PTC Last season so when players around him will get 6,000 to 7,000 PTC Points deducted during next season Hendry will be catching up.

Postby Wildey

Take Dominic Dale at 20 he has 7,600 PTC Points coming off Next Season Hendry at 26 has only 920 already Hendry above Dominic regarding the points coming off early season.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wild you think Hendry will ever return in the top 16? Doesn't look good at all at the moment - 10.000 points behind a top 16 place.

if he can win his next 2 qualifiers he will have a good foundation to build from but he needs a few more last 16s and quarter finals next season to get there.......i think on form he is more than capable...but he cant sustain it, against Allen in wales he was marmite after solidly beating Robbo in the last 32.

yea but you must remember regarding that 10,000 points he only won 920 points from the PTC Last season so when players around him will get 6,000 to 7,000 PTC Points deducted during next season Hendry will be catching up.

true but you also gotta remember last season he pretty much won his opening round in all events so hes got last 16 points in the rankers to come off, so whilst he will make up points in the PTC, hes really going to have to up it big time in the main rankers to be in with a chance.

ill be honest, i cant see him getting back into the top 16. he might have the odd good run in a tourny like Davis did in his later career but i cant see any consistency with Hendry anymore which is what hed need to get back in.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Take Dominic Dale at 20 he has 7,600 PTC Points coming off Next Season Hendry at 26 has only 920 already Hendry above Dominic regarding the points coming off early season.

only half of the PTC points will come off straight away <ok>

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Casey wrote:

HERE

Brutal!

no it aint, its FAIR

the rolling rankings are always based on the most recent 2 years results so since start of last season 15 players have earned more points than him <ok>