Post a reply

Re: Will Ronnie stay in the Top 16?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The Cueist wrote:Okay mate,Where does he need to be finishing in the welsh?Please!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

As you might have thought this is complicated.

The simplest scenario would be:
Ronnie wins his first round match, Lee loses his opener and Ronnie loses in the last 16 and the guys behind Ronnie don't reach the quarter final.

Postby The Cueist

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Okay mate,Where does he need to be finishing in the welsh?Please!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Ronnie wins his first round match, Lee loses his opener and Ronnie loses in the last 16 and the guys behind Ronnie don't reach the quarter final.

Needs a semi without Lee and co. <ok> Easier said ................................... <doh>

Postby Wildey

The Cueist wrote:
Wild wrote:he got inspired by the 4-0 reversal against higginson but lets not forget it was not flawless consistantly even last night Mags let him off but it does look like his top 16 safe now.

By a fraction,Not intentionally mate.

Ron will go from strength to strength imo,Monkey off his back i rek. :-)

no doubt about that it was getting to the stage where he was not even looking like winning another Ranking Title its been over 3 years since he beat Wenbo (where the hell is he now) in the shanghai Final.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

The Cueist wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Needs a semi without Lee and co. <ok> Easier said ................................... <doh>

I'm afraid I don't undertand. He needs a semi for what?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:
The Cueist wrote:
Wild wrote:he got inspired by the 4-0 reversal against higginson but lets not forget it was not flawless consistantly even last night Mags let him off but it does look like his top 16 safe now.

By a fraction,Not intentionally mate.

Ron will go from strength to strength imo,Monkey off his back i rek. :-)

no doubt about that it was getting to the stage where he was not even looking like winning another Ranking Title its been over 3 years since he beat Wenbo (where the hell is he now) in the shanghai Final.

Ronnie badly needed this win. His game has been intact since the beginning of the season but he was lacking confidence and self believe that he can still do it in a ranking event.

Postby Wildey

Ronnie still needs to beat Fu in Wales

Walden has a Carter match if he qualifies thats very winnable although he will need a quarters....

i think if Ronnie beats Fu then its a done deal.

Postby Monique

Wild you should really try to get the facts right ... Ronnie beat Liang in September 2009 that's less than 2 1/2 years ago not "over 3 years" 
Ronnie has a decent record in the welsh and he's won 2 PTCs and made another final this season so it's not as if he can't handle the best of 7 format. Fu has a good record against him but has not shown much form since his Masters final last year ...
As for Ricky, yes he's on form and I would expect him to beat Ali who seems very low on motivation recently although I have to say that I was very surprised in Germany last week. He looked absolutely gutted when he lost and didn't at all react like someone who doesn't care.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Wild you should really try to get the facts right ... Ronnie beat Liang in September 2009 that's less than 2 1/2 years ago not "over 3 years" 
Ronnie has a decent record in the welsh and he's won 2 PTCs and made another final this season so it's not as if he can't handle the best of 7 format. Fu has a good record against him but has not shown much form since his Masters final last year ...
As for Ricky, yes he's on form and I would expect him to beat Ali who seems very low on motivation recently although I have to say that I was very surprised in Germany last week. He looked absolutely gutted when he lost and didn't at all react like someone who doesn't care.

sod months

2009 >2012=3 bloody years

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Do well in maths at school did you Wild?

does it matter one way or the other...

next time ill keep it simple and say

no doubt about that it was getting to the stage where he was not even looking like winning another Ranking Title its been a long bucking time since he beat Wenbo (where the hell is he now) in the shanghai Final.
Last edited by Wildey on 06 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:Wild you should really try to get the facts right ... Ronnie beat Liang in September 2009 that's less than 2 1/2 years ago not "over 3 years" 

sod months

that not OVER 3 bloody years then <ok>

and in that case its 13 years since Hendry won a major, not 12 years and 9 months <ok>

UNLUCKY FOR SOME :pal:

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Sorry fella,I meant he needs to get to the semi-finals of the welsh to give him a chance.

sorry but a chance for what?

Whate the hell is this meant to mean?

couldnt make heads nor tails of any of that, so much for a simple explanation.

the facts are simple.

if Ronnie LOSES in round 1 then he will only drop out of the top 16 if 2 out of the following 3 scenarios happen.........

1) Bingham wins his round 1 game
2) Walden reaches the quarters
3) M.Davis reaches the semis

if Ronnie WINS his round 1 game and gets knocked out in round 2 then 2 of the following 3 scenarios have to happen.....

1) Bingham reaches the semis
2) Walden reaches the semis
3) M.Davis reaches the final

so all in all, hes probably safe as it is, but 1 win will almost certainly do it and reaching the quarters would mathematically put any mad chance of these freak outcomes beyond doubt.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:

sod months

with that reasoning Wild from 31 December 2011 to 1 January 2012 Is one "bloody" year … 2011->2012 eeerh? :roll:

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

sod months

with that reasoning Wild from 31 December 2011 to 1 January 2012 Is one "bloody" year … 2011->2012 eeerh? :roll:

come on now Monique <doh>

2011 = 1 year
2012 = 1 year

1 year + 1 year = 2 years :clap:

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

sod months

yes

its one year after its past new years bloody eve.

why the buck does people have to be sticler to bucking bullocks it was hardly a important bucking point :dizzy:

buck me pink. <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

sod months

yes

its one year after its past new years bloody eve.

why the buck does people have to be sticler to bucking bullocks it was hardly a important bucking point :dizzy:

buck me pink. <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

ok right this aint important either then but :stir:

Beer Git is coming to visit The Valleys this Saturday :love:

how many days away is Saturday so you know when to be at the airport on time? :shrug:

i make it 5 days, but by your logic Saturday will actually be 6 days away <doh>

so if you follow your own theories she will be stood up at the airport :weeds:

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

sod months

come on now Monique <doh>

2011 = 1 year
2012 = 1 year

1 year + 1 year = 2 years :clap:

<laugh>

Postby The Cueist

Wild wrote:Ronnie still needs to beat Fu in Wales

Walden has a Carter match if he qualifies thats very winnable although he will need a quarters....

i think if Ronnie beats Fu then its a done deal.

:spot on: Thanks,I dont do stats,You knew what i meant. :hatoff:

As for nearly 3 years for a ranker,Not far off,Hopefully he will win some more now his confidence is back. :-)

I made it 2 years and 6 months without a ranking title for Ronnie.He has had a lot on his plate. ;-)

Postby Witz78

me and Monique made it 2 years 5 m0nths :D

for all thats its been the worst period of his career between these ranking titles to put it into perspective compared to most other players, during this time hes still....

won 2 premier leagues and 1 runner up
world open runner up
uk semi
2 world quarters
won 2 ptcs and 2 runner ups
power sn0oker winner

and er, missed about 20 tournaments :D

Postby SnookerAnalyst

Witz has already covered the scenarios for the Welsh Open. This is what my model suggests for Walden:

70% chance of qualifying (and putting Bingham under pressure)
39% chance of reaching the Last 16
21% chance of reaching the QFs (and putting Ronnie under pressure)
9% chance of reaching the SFs
[I haven't tracked the odds beyond that, but if he reaches the final under these circumstances then he certainly deserves a Top 16 spot.]

Overall he's got around a 30% chance of making the Top 16. Could certainly be the odd twist left.

Postby Witz78

whos Bingham prob gonna face in Wales?

assuming Walden qualifies meaning Bingo needs a win, im sure the Bingo of old, the one Mark Allen talked about, that bottle job himself will re-emerge and hell be back out of the elite :D

Postby SnookerAnalyst

Mark King & Alan McManus are Bingham's most likely opponents. Dave Harold & Joe Swail are the others in that part of the draw. Mark King is still dangerous on his day but you'd expect a genuine Top 16 player to win comfortably.

Postby The Cueist

SnookerAnalyst wrote:Mark King & Alan McManus are Bingham's most likely opponents. Dave Harold & Joe Swail are the others in that part of the draw. Mark King is still dangerous on his day but you'd expect a genuine Top 16 player to win comfortably.

Kingy can be a tough man to beat on his day,Never quite got the bit of luck he needed at times,Or fought back and then choked,Shame as a nice fella at heart. :-)

Postby mediter

I think that Ronnie is genuinly motivated to play professional snooker now, so guessing is that he will stay in top-16. There is a really brilliant sort of symbolical explanation considering what or which is God; we can´t see the wind but we can see the consequences of the wind. Obviously I am not saying that O´Sullivan is God, but that symbolical explanation just came to my mind when thinking about his snooker when he is on song... Obviously that would be valid to many other professional players too, that´s how immensely good their break-building just seem to be at times. Sorry that was out of topic a bit, but Yes, I guess Ronnie will stay in top-16 in coming years !!