Shaun Murphy
18%
Neither will win it at all
9%

Total votes : 11

Re: Who will win the triple first?

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Anyway, in conclusion, I think we can all agree there is only one answer to the original question.

Ding. :D

NO <cool>

So, you're a Murphy man? rofl

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Anyway, in conclusion, I think we can all agree there is only one answer to the original question.

Ding. :D

NO <cool>

So, you're a Murphy man? rofl

and your a Munsterman :limp:

Postby jojo

snookerfan my post was meant tongue in cheek ha

i would say robertson is most likely to win the uk before ding wins the world championship and or murphy wins the masters

in fact i think robertson will one day win the uk and ding the world champiobship but i doubt murphy will ever win the masters he just not got the game if the big boys are firing he good enough to pick up the pieces if the big boys are stopped for example world championship 2005 where i know he beat higgins and uk 2008

once a top player plays him at matchplay he get found out unless his potting and breakbuilding is exceptional for example look at against higgins his potting and breakbuilding was brilliant yet he was one ball away from losing that match if dirt never missed the awkward pink at 4-5 murphy played out of his skin yet he only just won

robertson has a strong chance of winning the uk his all round game is more than up to scratch as proved even though i still would say his positional play need improving and his confidence is sky high

ding is more than capable of winning the world championship got the all round game and mental strength despite what people say he does like the long format more and he was only inches away from reaching the final last year that match against judd in the semi is probably the best i ever seen in terms of sustained top quality and excitement produced by both players

so i make robertson favourite for the triple then ding murphy im pessimisstic because it depend on others

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:snookerfan my post was meant tongue in cheek ha

i would say robertson is most likely to win the uk before ding wins the world championship and or murphy wins the masters

in fact i think robertson will one day win the uk and ding the world champiobship but i doubt murphy will ever win the masters he just not got the game if the big boys are firing he good enough to pick up the pieces if the big boys are stopped for example world championship 2005 where i know he beat higgins and uk 2008

once a top player plays him at matchplay he get found out unless his potting and breakbuilding is exceptional for example look at against higgins his potting and breakbuilding was brilliant yet he was one ball away from losing that match if dirt never missed the awkward pink at 4-5 murphy played out of his skin yet he only just won

robertson has a strong chance of winning the uk his all round game is more than up to scratch as proved even though i still would say his positional play need improving and his confidence is sky high

ding is more than capable of winning the world championship got the all round game and mental strength despite what people say he does like the long format more and he was only inches away from reaching the final last year that match against judd in the semi is probably the best i ever seen in terms of sustained top quality and excitement produced by both players

so i make robertson favourite for the triple then ding murphy im pessimisstic because it depend on others

Very detailed answer. :mex:

Unlike some quality poll hatahs! :grrr:

Postby jojo

you know me pal i like to get my point across

even with murphy his match against mark williams in the 2010 uk semi prove what i am saying about him he outscored mark williams throughout the match yet williams who could barely string a fifty break together knew what he had to do to beat murphy and he did

that why with murphy unless he playing blistering stuff consistently it will always depend more on what the big boys do

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:you know me pal i like to get my point across

even with murphy his match against mark williams in the 2010 uk semi prove what i am saying about him he outscored mark williams throughout the match yet williams who could barely string a fifty break together knew what he had to do to beat murphy and he did

that why with murphy unless he playing blistering stuff consistently it will always depend more on what the big boys do

I agree 100 % Muprhy was nearly at his best scoring wise but his safety play is just to up to the top level and thats why he loses lots of scrappy frames.

Postby jojo

it not so much his safety play that the problem yes he isnt a great safety player but it more his shot selection that very suspect he sometimes play really silly shots pushing the boat out when it clearly the wrong shot

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:it not so much his safety play that the problem yes he isnt a great safety player but it more his shot selection that very suspect he sometimes play really silly shots pushing the boat out when it clearly the wrong shot

yes Murphy in over 10 years a pro has not learned When Atacking at the Wrong Time of a Match costs him dearly.

Postby SnookerFan

I thought Murphy played well for most of The Masters. He has thrown in a few stinkers lately. But I guess that's true of all players now there is a lot more snooker being played. You don't get to a Masters final by being a mug.

Postby jojo

im not denying he played well in fact i said before the final it was murphy who played the best snooker all week and deserved to be in the final

but that the problem the way he play he has to play really well to win especially when up againt top players because of his style of play

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:im not denying he played well in fact i said before the final it was murphy who played the best snooker all week and deserved to be in the final

but that the problem the way he play he has to play really well to win especially when up againt top players because of his style of play

I agree if robbo and higgins are not on top form their b game is enough at times

Shaun if he isnt at top form he is far more likely to lose than those 2