Post a reply

Re: What are your 2011 Snooker Memories?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
The Cueist wrote:
Wild wrote:i dont think Ding has reached full potential no however theres no rule to say he will.

This is true,My thinking is that as his mind matures he will not be so self conscious,He has an entorage with him at most tournies these days as it is.He will always be a contender for the worlds if and when he gets his mind right.

He needs to want it enough,And im sure he will in the near future.So for me he needs to get over his demons.

Snookerfan,If he won a world title and he has the skill to do so,He would be much improved as a force on the circuit as he would have that all important confidence on the table=Fear for opponents.

I think he is all but over his demons after the Ronnie match. Won another ranker (the UK Championship). Won at Wembley, where the jeering happened. If he can beat Ronnie at The Masters next month I think he'll have proved beyond any doubt that the demons are long gone.

Apart from the BBC Commentary team, who seem to think the racist boo-ing was Ding's fault, because he happened to be playing Ronnie. <doh>

RACIST BOOING <doh>

whatta loada bullocks, trust you to pander to the political correct numpties

the crowd were on Ronnies side so just cos Dings Chinese that therefore makes the crowd racist :fart:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
RACIST BOOING <doh>

whatta loada bullocks, trust you to pander to the political correct numpties

the crowd were on Ronnies side so just cos Dings Chinese that therefore makes the crowd racist :fart:

:fart: That's why Ronnie himself told the crowd to buck off, was it?

Postby Smart

The Cueist wrote:Aye! exactly. :-)

He just needs to turn it on for a fortnight. :-)

Ronnie has more to lose than Ding in this match.

he has put in some nice performances in R1 but not gone on with the job, couple of times vs Hendo, but I will be astonished if he does not win the Worlds more than once, with his talent.

DING is class. :hatoff:

Big thing to notice at all tournies is the entourage of Chinese support that Cueist mentioned, that must be difficult to live with all the time. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

One time I watched Dominic Dale vs Liang Wenbo at the Welsh Open when Mark Williams was on the other table. There was only me and about 12 Chinese people in there. <laugh>

Postby Bourne

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:One time I watched Dominic Dale vs Liang Wenbo at the Welsh Open when Mark Williams was on the other table. There was only me and about 12 Chinese people in there. <laugh>

Bet you blended in perfect, with your dark hair, glasses and slim waistline. <ok>

YELLOWIST

REPORTED :irk:

Postby Casey

Being front row at the Crucible during Hendry's final frame win over Joe Perry.

Higgins in the second session against Williams at the World's, some of the best 'hanging on in there' snooker ever.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:One time I watched Dominic Dale vs Liang Wenbo at the Welsh Open when Mark Williams was on the other table. There was only me and about 12 Chinese people in there. <laugh>

Bet you blended in perfect, with your dark hair, glasses and slim waistline. <ok>