Post a reply

Re: Judd Trump; I can dominate snooker

Postby Eirebilly

SnookerFan wrote:
Eirebilly wrote:I just cant see Ding dominating the sport as much as i can see Trump dominating. Time will tell though

Me neither, but he'll throw in some more tournament wins here or there.

Do you reckon Ding will be world champion? That's probably a new thread in itself.

To be honest i doubt it. It would be a shame if he didnt win at least 1 but i just dont think he will. I have no logical reason as to why i dont think he will other than just a feeling i have.

Postby Wildey

we can make cases for any of Selby,Ding,Trump,Allen then add Higgins,Ronnie,Robbo,Murphy and Williams in to the mix fact is someone will not make it..

Postby mediter

Yep. Surely he should win more tournaments but domination... Can´t really see it.

That sort of reminds me one of the classic 9-ball matches ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQP0Bn9_0Jc

Stricland vs Steve Davis. Commentator told that Stricland had said before the match he had figured out how to pot a ball from break and leave the cue ball in the middle in that particular table.. And he wasn´t bullshitting at all, he was doing that very consistently and run racks easy and fast. But still Davis was able to grind him down using all the sports psychology and his brilliant tactical ability. That match was the famous where Stricland was so focused that he told referee Michaela Tabb to "shut up"... Davis had huge crowd support as it was in UK, and he cleared very clinically when he got chance. Davis only lost was it 8-10 or something, which was an achievenment because IMO greatest 9 ball player ever (with Efren), Stricland was doing exactly what he told, he had figured out the table break shot wise and was like a train.

What I am saying that even if Trump pots long reds 80% during practice and always cleans up, others players will still come after him and grind and track him down. So denifinetely, can´t see any domination

Postby Bourne

I think we're in an era where big, flashy potters will win over grinders more often than not, the top guys score so heavy so regularly now that once they get into a bit of a groove it's so hard for the grinders to keep them away from having even a sniff and they end up the ones making the mistakes.

Postby Tubberlad

Judd Trump is the best player I've seen, and I incude O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams in that. Okay, he's raw, but considering what he's doing by playing so naively, I think he can dominate this sport, and that's fantastic news for the game.

Postby boris_the_butcher

His long game is no better than Allen or Robertson's and his cueball control is woeful at times but the stubbornness to remain at the table means he takes on shots almost no other player would consider outside an exhibition. He reminds me of pool players in that respect, almost as if breaking down and conceeding table time to his opponent is as good as losing the frame.

I certainly can't accept he's the best player we've ever seen. Does he break build better than everyone else? No. Is he the best long potter? No, safety? getting better with each tournament. The potential to be something special is there though.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Jono fan ^ :D

BORIS IS A KNOWN ROBBO BASHER

NICE TRY THOUGH MATE :gag: rofl :wave:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:

NICE TRY THOUGH MATE :gag: rofl :wave:[/quote
Clearly an act, he's still bitter about Jono's two major humiliations this year :D

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:

Clearly an act, he's still bitter about Jono's two major humiliations this year :D

He was one of those to say worst world champion ever

:mood:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:

A realistic Jono fan :chuckle: :john:

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:

Graeme Dott begs to differ. :john:

Postby Wildey

boris_the_butcher wrote:His long game is no better than Allen or Robertson's and his cueball control is woeful at times but the stubbornness to remain at the table means he takes on shots almost no other player would consider outside an exhibition. He reminds me of pool players in that respect, almost as if breaking down and conceeding table time to his opponent is as good as losing the frame.

I certainly can't accept he's the best player we've ever seen. Does he break build better than everyone else? No. Is he the best long potter? No, safety? getting better with each tournament. The potential to be something special is there though.

i think thats a fair assesement but the fact he has taken on thoes shots and got most is ultimatly why hes UK and China Open champion......

theres no doubt hes playing to his strengths and its comming off but its a fine line between success and failure playing that way thats why dominating will be harder but not impossible.

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:His long game is no better than Allen or Robertson's and his cueball control is woeful at times but the stubbornness to remain at the table means he takes on shots almost no other player would consider outside an exhibition. He reminds me of pool players in that respect, almost as if breaking down and conceeding table time to his opponent is as good as losing the frame.

i think thats a fair assesement but the fact he has taken on thoes shots and got most is ultimatly why hes UK and China Open champion......

theres no doubt hes playing to his strengths and its comming off but its a fine line between success and failure playing that way thats why dominating will be harder but not impossible.

He certainly isnt the best long potter we´ve ever seen, although he is getting there because most of the long ones he takes, more often than not he gets them.... the problem sometimes is that, because he hits them so hard, it becomes very difficult, so you have to cue them as straight as possible, and Judd certainly can do that... He needs to improve his safety though. And, above all things, I think that he needs to improve his shot selection at times, because at times you can clearly see he gets frustated by not getting position after being on a break, and goes for some wild shot, which is not the way to go...

But, of course, he is still young, and will learn with time and some defeats, but I can honestly say he is the best talent to emerge from England since our late Paul Hunter. :snowman: