Post a reply

Do you believe Ronnie will still be in the top-16 come the end of the season?

Poll ended at 09 Jan 2012

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 22

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby Monique

Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's official now: Ronnie is out of the top 16 at the next cut-off point.

???

As far as I know, Mark Davis has to reach the semis in PTC11 for that or Ricky Walden has either to win one of PTC11/12 and reach the quarters in the other, or be runner up in one and reach the semis in the other. Not guaranteed by any means.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Monique wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's official now: Ronnie is out of the top 16 at the next cut-off point.

???

As far as I know, Mark Davis has to reach the semis in PTC11 for that or Ricky Walden has either to win one of PTC11/12 and reach the quarters in the other, or be runner up in one and reach the semis in the other. Not guaranteed by any means.

Sorry my mistake <doh>

I thought Ronnie was only 240 points in front of Davis not 1.240.
That's a relief :phew:

Thanks Monique :spot on:

Postby SnookerFan

EDIT: Ronnie is currently NOT out of the top 16 at the next cut off point

rofl

That's like something I would do.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

That's like something I would do.

yeh but youd wait a week to tell us :fart:

Postby Wildey

mate its like u wishfull thinking rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

Mark Davis beats Stephen Maguire 4-0. Mark Davis is one win away from knocking Ronnie O'Sullivan out of the top 16

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
yeh but youd wait a week to tell us :fart:

I'd wait a week, tell you he'd dropped out, even if he hadn't. :party:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie surely doesn't want to be seeded 15th or 16th for the WC. It might be even better droping out than having to play Higgins or Selby in the second round.

dont think Ronnie cares where hes seeded so long as hes still in the elite.

he knows he cant beat these guys anymore and unfortunately i feel the end of his career is nigh, theres no sign of him being able to compete against the big boys in the rankers anymore and i think hes a couple more defeats from carrying out his promise.

:john:

Witz <doh>

Ronnie :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

i love Ronnie hes made witz look a tit <laugh>

Postby jojo

ronnie is just as capable of beating selby or higgins as much as they are capable of beating him

people forget last year near the end of the second session it was the run of the ball which helped higgins stay close to ronnie going into the final session ronnie should have been clear

then at 12-10 higgins had an outragous fluke into the middle when the reds were scattered everywhere with the colours open he won the match from it had the red not gone it was highly likely to be 12-11

higgins is due some bad running at the crucible he had it in crucial phases against williams ronnie and trump to keep him in these matches whatever people say

i say if ronnie and higgins meet at the crucible bring it on whether it be first round second round quarter final semi final or final the german open win has stopped thoughts of ronnie doubting himself and done him a world of good

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:ronnie is just as capable of beating selby or higgins as much as they are capable of beating him

people forget last year near the end of the second session it was the run of the ball which helped higgins stay close to ronnie going into the final session ronnie should have been clear

then at 12-10 higgins had an outragous fluke into the middle when the reds were scattered everywhere with the colours open he won the match from it had the red not gone it was highly likely to be 12-11

higgins is due some bad running at the crucible he had it in crucial phases against williams ronnie and trump to keep him in these matches whatever people say

i say if ronnie and higgins meet at the crucible bring it on whether it be first round second round quarter final semi final or final the german open win has stopped thoughts of ronnie doubting himself and done him a world of good

:spot on:

It's a myth that Selby owns Ronnie. They have a real rivalry with great wins on both sides. Higgins is also not that scary anymore after the season he's having so far. Robertson also isn't unbeatable, Ronnie only lost the 2010 World final, they haven't played since in a ranker. The only one he would like to avoid is Trump but he was only 1 pot away from beating him in the UK and Robbo also lost 2 consecutive major matches against Trump.

Postby Witz78

talking of Ronnie and his talk of retirement cos hes reaching the end of his career at 36.

It may be a surprise to Ronnie but theres TWENTY NINE guys in the top 64 who are OLDER than him, some of them a good few years older than him.

Look at it this way, hes got almost 20 years on Davis whos still kicking about and doing reasonably well.