Post a reply

Re: Snooker's Greatest Matches?

Postby Skullman

Ton means a century break. I never quite why it's used, since a ton is a 1000kg i.e 10x bigger.

Postby Andre147

Yeah me neither.

Same as the term "chinese snooker", never quite understood why it's called that way. I think Clive Everton once explained it when I was hearing his commentary on some match but it was a long time ago and I can't remember why the term is used.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Yeah me neither.

Same as the term "chinese snooker", never quite understood why it's called that way. I think Clive Everton once explained it when I was hearing his commentary on some match but it was a long time ago and I can't remember why the term is used.

It was just so when Ding Junhui makes a snooker, Dennis Taylor can go; "That's what I call a Chinese snooker".

It's the BBC punditry team's idea of a joke.

Postby SnookerEd25

Don't think anyone's mentioned Ronnie O'sullivan 13-11 Andy Hicks from the 2004 WC 2nd round. Hicks was prettur much the only person to live with RO'S that year; he went on to beat Anthony Hamilton 13-3 in the QF, & Hendry 16-4 in the semi. Then took 18 out of 21 in the Final to beat Graeme Dott after losing the first 5 frames! But Hicks lived with him all the way, they swapped big breaks like they were going out of fashion.

And here's a curveball - Jimmy White / Alex Higgins v. Steve Davis / Tony Meo in the Hofmeister World Dubles SF 1984. That was a cracker - can we count that?