Post a reply

Re: Changes to World Professional Tour

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Thing is all sports have some benefits and peaks for the top few players in whatever way, duno why snooker should be any different. What you don't wana do is make it so incredibly difficult for them to be ousted from that position of privilege by skewing the ranking point system, which is why we need live rolling rankings more than anything.

YES i persanally think a complete Flat system like PTC would Nullify the Benefit of a Full on Rolling Ranking system i do think Top 16 even Top 32 should get some benefit so that players see that as the benchmark of trying to get in to a higher position for the Next Event meaning less Qualifiers.

thats the overhaul that should be looked at NOT Bloody Prize Money Rankings.

Just to chip in and say I agree with both of you.

Also, it would be good if there was some variation in who got to benefit from being further up the rankings, so a tournament / some tournaments with only the top 8 qualified for the venue (Witz mentioned a way of getting to this with 128 players), and a tournament where the top 24 qualified would be good (perhaps something where those ranked 9-24 play qulaifiers for the right to play a top 8 players - perhaps Witz can say how this might work?). It might also encourage players to play hard for ranking positions in the middle of their group of 16.

Re: Changes to World Professional Tour

Postby Wildey

yes i think there could be veriations from tournament to tournament

say top 8 in some, top 16 in others and top 32 in others lets give events different criteria instead of very much same all the events.