Post a reply

Re: 2012/13 - ranking rumours

Postby Wildey

yes good point god can you just imagine the likes of Wells or Brecel even getting close to stay on tour based on money :td:

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:I think that China is okay as it is, - we have four tournaments in the season there at the moment - Wuxi, Shanghai, China Open and - if it goes to six rankers then I can only assume that some of these would replace some PTCs and to be held on those

The Order of Merit I actually think is a very good idea, - if you win the World Championships then you deserve the accreditation and the rewards with which that brings. - the easiest way to compare it to now is that it is simply the system with larger numbers of points available. - It'll be interesting to see what they do in terms of money won for seeds losing their first matches. - I'm not convinced that it will be of too greater an advantage to the top 16, to reach the top 16 in the PDC OOM you are still looking at betwee 80 and 100 grand a season.

You never know, they may have stumbled across the idea here.

And I think Casey may be right about a ''Pacific Tour'' of tournaments

paddy how is it going to be worth it ??

price money rankings are the biggest load of cockerel.

darts rankings are marmite

and another thing

Order of Merit Points

Selby £65,000 for shanghai
Bingham £38,000 for Australia

its just cockerel eyed
Last edited by Wildey on 27 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:In golf there is an order of merit - fair enough but it's seperate from the ranking system.

A ranking system based on prize money is lazy, cheap, tacky, thoughtless, flawed, unprofessional, unfair, unhealthy and goes against just about everything a fair ranking point system should be about.

I think we can all agree that it's a rubbish idea, and that we all hope it's a rumour.

Postby Witz78

The PTCs will be dead in the water if the Order of Merit replaces the current ranking system.

Win 5 games for only £2500 as an example

the top players will just fully focus on the main rankers and especially the majors

does this also mean that the Masters earnings will be included so the elite will just become even more elite

Postby Wildey

The Winner of the Welsh Open will have to win 4 PTC to get up to the points Selby got for Shanghai rofl

Postby Witz78

at the moment winning 5 PTCs is equivalent to winning the WC

under the new set up winning 25 PTCs will be equivalent to winning the WC

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:at the moment winning 5 PTCs is equivalent to winning the WC

under the new set up winning 25 PTCs will be equivalent to winning the WC

there might be a case to increase WC points but thats just beyond sense.

last season winner of the World Open got the same as UK Champion 100K

Postby Casey

Golf is a tough school. I think to keep your European tour card this year you had to earn around £100k. Thats just to stay on tour...

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Golf is a tough school. I think to keep your European tour card this year you had to earn around £100k. Thats just to stay on tour...

well in snooker what would be the equivelant ?

£100K is a lot and per event 32 players dont get a penny as it is.

you got to reach the last 64 to start to earn.

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:Golf is a tough school. I think to keep your European tour card this year you had to earn around £100k. Thats just to stay on tour...

well in snooker what would be the equivelant ?

£100K is a lot and per event 32 players dont get a penny as it is.

you got to reach the last 64 to start to earn.

In snooker? I would say 6k :emb:

Postby Bourne

Would that £260k have counted towards you know who's 'prize money' total last season :john: