Now some people use the blinkered argument that these top players are great players so couldnt possible "bottle it" as if there almost superheroes when the fact remains they are just humans like the rest of us.
Traits of "bottling it" in my opinion are the following.
1) Missing routine pots at the critical part of the match that you wouldnt normally miss
2) Starting to alter your normal game and playing shots you wouldnt normally, usually adopting an ultra-defensive approach
3) Visibly showing signs of pressure with a worried look on your face, sighing, muttering under your breath, shaking your head etc which lets your opponent know your on the ropes
4) Letting a previous bad shot play on your mind and rushing next few shots with little thought or regard for the possibility of them going wrong
5) Moments of madness where you just play a wild reckless shot not caring
6) Arguing with the ref, fans or showing displays of anger
- Posts: 15036
- Joined: 02 February 2010