Post a reply

Who will win the most ranking titles this season?

Stuart Bingham
8%
Mark Selby
46%
John Higgins
15%
Mark Williams
8%
Ding Junhui
No votes
Shaun Murphy
No votes
Ronnie O'Sullivan
8%
Judd Trump
8%
Neil Robertson
8%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 13

Most rankers this season?

Postby Steve K

Who do you think will win the most ranking titles this season?

With the World Open and the ??? ranking event still on the provisional calendar there is 10 titles to be contested in total so someone could win quite a few of them.

I would say John Higgins again myself. I think he is going to peak again towards the end of the season where there is 7 ranking events in 4 months. http://maximumsnooker.com/calendar_2011_2012/
Last edited by Steve K on 12 Sep 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Most rankers this season?

Postby GJ

Robbo

Postby Wildey

not a clue but because hes the Latest Winner ive gone for Selby .

what i do know Selby will reach another Final this season.

Postby Roland

Like the way Bingham is there but Judd isn't :redneck:

If we're taking PTCs into account Selby is already on 2

Postby Steve K

Sonny wrote:Like the way Bingham is there but Judd isn't :redneck:

Aha thought there was someone I missed!

Updated poll. I would say that for now we should only count the 10 main ranking events.

Postby Casey

I think Higgins will win either the UK or Worlds + one more tournament.

Selby might also finish on two. Williams should have two already ;-)

Postby Roland

Steve K wrote:

Updated poll. I would say that for now we should only count the 10 main ranking events.

Well given some are best of 7 in the early stages and the 2nd biggest is best of 11, and given pretty much everyone is playing I would say there's a case for classing PTC events as full ranking events.

Postby Alex0paul

Lucky Vatnani is biding his time before clearing up the rest of the tournaments this season

Postby Sickpotter

<laugh>

Who is that guy? Enters every PTC, gone after a round or two? Millionaire gambler who just likes the game? :chin:

Gotta give him points for persistance :clap:

Postby SnookerFan

I'll predict Selby. Like Wild says, probably just because he won the most recent one. But does seem to be playing well this season.

I'm not sure Bingham will win another one, to be fair. His moment in the sun was well deserved, but not sure he will repeat it this season.

Postby SnookerFan

How many do people see Judd winning this season? He looked to do well at the PTC he won, but hasn't done much in Australia or Shanghai.

Will he be able to replicate his success at the tail-end of last season? It's obvious that he can travel well, or he wouldn't have won the China Open.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Steve K wrote:

Well given some are best of 7 in the early stages and the 2nd biggest is best of 11, and given pretty much everyone is playing I would say there's a case for classing PTC events as full ranking events.

no they not ranking events there are 9 ranking events bingham has 1 selby has the other.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:How many do people see Judd winning this season? He looked to do well at the PTC he won, but hasn't done much in Australia or Shanghai.

Will he be able to replicate his success at the tail-end of last season? It's obvious that he can travel well, or he wouldn't have won the China Open.

to be honest not much people expected him to do what he did at the end of last season that was a purple patch and a half so if he reaches that level again he could easily win one but i don't think he will ever reach the level of consistency because of the way he plays.

hes not happy unless he hits balls at 100 MPH playing like that the margin of error between a pot and a miss is enhanced...that in my book cost him the World Title more Than John Winning it.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How many do people see Judd winning this season? He looked to do well at the PTC he won, but hasn't done much in Australia or Shanghai.

to be honest not much people expected him to do what he did at the end of last season that was a purple patch and a half so if he reaches that level again he could easily win one but i don't think he will ever reach the level of consistency because of the way he plays.

hes not happy unless he hits balls at 100 MPH playing like that the margin of error between a pot and a miss is enhanced...that in my book cost him the World Title more Than John Winning it.

You couldn't admit Higgins deserved a win, if you're life depended on it. rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

You couldn't admit Higgins deserved a win, if you're life depended on it. rofl

He did not play all that well throughout the championship im not going to lie am i.

Postby Steve K

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Steve K wrote:

no they not ranking events there are 9 ranking events bingham has 1 selby has the other.

10 Full ranking events if India happens http://maximumsnooker.com/calendar_2011_2012/

Think because there are so many towards the end of the season if one guy finds some form its feasable for them to win most of them like with Higgins at the end of the season. He would of won them all probably if his dad hadn't died during German and if he had qualified for PTC finals.

Postby Witz78

Steve K wrote:
Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Steve K wrote:

10 Full ranking events if India happens http://maximumsnooker.com/calendar_2011_2012/

Think because there are so many towards the end of the season if one guy finds some form its feasable for them to win most of them like with Higgins at the end of the season. He would of won them all probably if his dad hadn't died during German and if he had qualified for PTC finals.

:fart: if he hadnt been a lying cheating caniving scumbag hed have won everything

whats his excuse this season for losing

so many tournaments towards the end of the season, someone could win them all BUT miss out on the Crucible thanks to the numpties who dont know how to roll rolling rankings <doh>

Postby Wildey

Steve K wrote:
Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:
Steve K wrote:Aha thought there was someone I missed!

i did not count the PTC Finals but your right that is 10th <ok>

Postby Roland

Link away - cuetracker is a top site and will be even better with a complete database

Postby Steve K

CueTracker wrote:I'd go for Selby myself, though Higgins and Murphy are aslo strong competitors.

If I might be forgiven for posting a link, you can keep track of this using the following link: http://www.cuetracker.net/pages/statist ... =2011/2012

Great link! Amazing that its only been Englishmen winning so far this season considering the likes of Higgins, Williams and Ding about.

Postby Bourne

Premier League Week 3 :john: :D

Er that ain't a ranker, yet anyway, ya muppet Bourne :gag: <doh> :shrug: