Post a reply

Re: John Higgins discusses busy schedule

Postby GJ

trump left off the list

is he untouchable

Postby gallantrabbit

Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I'm disappointed Higgins isn't going to Brazil, and that goes for Sullivan, Williams, Robertson, Trump & Ding who aren't going either. What that means is that arguably the six biggest names in snooker are not going to a tournament that needed some major stars. If they really have snooker in their blood like Davis, Hendry, White and Alex Higgins, they wouldn't have given a little kitten about jetlag or poor prize money and made the effort. Disappointing.

i can understand players looking at the massive callender and thinking ummmm what can i miss i know brazil no ranking,not established,not that important and in terms of prestiege it is bottom of the pile but the opertunity it can open up i rate it as important as anything this season i just hope having so many of the top players not going hasent snake hissed off the natives.

Will probably be feeding the likes of Monique and GJ if I say this but in snooker terms Brazil is in a bit of a time warp so the fact that Hendry and Davis are coming will probably suffice. On the other hand Igor has been on the tour and he knows that their combined ranking is closer to Davis's age than it is to Judd Trump.
But like any new market they deserve the best on offer and the impression left by a top notch performance from a Trump, say, would last longer than the makings of a legends tour.
Of course I'm particularly biased cos I'm going and I'd like to see the top boys , but I'm particularly snake hissed off with Higgins cos he's got a shorter memory than most.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:trump left off the list

is he untouchable

well ive never tried to touch him :baby:

Postby Tubberlad

is he untouchable

Trump played every PTC last season. Did any of the aforementioned? Like buck they did. I already mentioned him as a name that should have been there promoting Brazil.

Trump has done a hell of a lot more in the past year for snooker than any of them though.

Postby Roland

gallantrabbit wrote:Apart from anything else, either Higgins or Williams or Robbo on their own would be red hot favourites to walk off with 40k at least in dollars from Brazil. Now in David Beckham's eyes that may be peanuts. For most of us that's worth a long haul flight and a little jet lag...

Selby and Murphy will be licking their lips. Loyalty and professionalism pays in the end.

Postby gallantrabbit

Tubberlad wrote:

is he untouchable

Trump played every PTC last season. Did any of the aforementioned? Like little kitten they did. I already mentioned him as a name that should have been there promoting Brazil.

Trump has done a hell of a lot more in the past year for snooker than any of them though.

Doesn't get him off the hook here though Tubbs. buck me, what 20 odd year old would NOT want to come to Brazil. Especially Santa Catarina. The women knock your socks off and yer eyes out. Guess he's just a :baby: or :love: or of course :limp:

Postby gallantrabbit

Sonny wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Apart from anything else, either Higgins or Williams or Robbo on their own would be red hot favourites to walk off with 40k at least in dollars from Brazil. Now in David Beckham's eyes that may be peanuts. For most of us that's worth a long haul flight and a little jet lag...

Selby and Murphy will be licking their lips. Loyalty and professionalism pays in the end.

And those two will get every support from me down there cos they are true pros. :hatoff: all round and might even buy them a :guinness: although it might be tough to find down there...

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

is he untouchable

Trump played every PTC last season. Did any of the aforementioned? Like little kitten they did. I already mentioned him as a name that should have been there promoting Brazil.

Doesn't get him off the hook here though Tubbs. buck me, what 20 odd year old would NOT want to come to Brazil. Especially Santa Catarina. The women knock your socks off and yer eyes out. Guess he's just a :baby: or :love: or of course :limp:

i need some pics to confirm that :evilgrin:

Postby Witz78

Tubberlad wrote:

is he untouchable

Trump played every PTC last season. Did any of the aforementioned? Like buck they did. I already mentioned him as a name that should have been there promoting Brazil.

to be fair Trump had no choice but to play all the PTCs last season as early on last season he was on the brink of doing a Wenbo and sliding down towards 40 in the rankings

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

gallantrabbit wrote:Doesn't get him off the hook here though Tubbs. buck me, what 20 odd year old would NOT want to come to Brazil. Especially Santa Catarina. The women knock your socks off and yer eyes out. Guess he's just a :baby: or :love: or of course :limp:

I'm sure there's lots for a :limp: to be entertained by out there.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

is he untouchable

to be fair Trump had no choice but to play all the PTCs last season as early on last season he was on the brink of doing a Wenbo and sliding down towards 40 in the rankings

yup PTC was his saviour he managed to get up to the top 32 on the back of the PTC By the first cut off and got some form going.

you really cant underestimate the difference it has made to so many players..

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

is he untouchable

yup PTC was his saviour he managed to get up to the top 32 on the back of the PTC By the first cut off and got some form going.

you really cant underestimate the difference it has made to so many players..

yeh and on the flipside the difference the PTC to the likes of Ronnie and Hendry is that by not giving 2 hoots about the PTC last season, they find themselves in a pickle this season trying to scramble points to stay in the top 16.

Postby Tubberlad

gallantrabbit wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

is he untouchable

<laugh> I agree with you actually, of course he should be going there, and if he's really an international playboi, then it beggars belief that he isn't going. If I got half a chance to go to Brazil, I wouldn't need a second to answer...

Postby snooky147

Honestly guys, I can see why Monique gets exasperated with some of you lot. The simple fact is that Brazil was too close to the China Tournament for some who withdrew and for others there was not enough money and there's always the one or two that were never going to go anyway.
There is not any sport in the World where players are out of pocket to do things. In your Snooker fantasy land it might be the case that all players have to do anything required but this is not Fantasy land. Wild, Witz before you two pipe in about the dawn of a new age an all that I agree with you but it needed organising much better than it was. Also the fact now that in these tournaments now the players have to pay their own travel had some bearing I am sure so obviously they thought the money was not worth it OR they wanted appearance money on top, I simply dont know.
Family does have a bearing on this too. It's not so bad for Graeme as he had an extension put onto the house for a snooker room so he can practise at home and still have some time with the kids but take that away and he would be travelling to the Masters every day, which is a fair Journey from Larkhall, Then the PTC's at the weekend. He would hardly see his family and when they are young it's important to be there for them. So take some of the ones that dont have tables at home and have to practise in clubs and it actually adds to their schedules so instead of berating them for not going why not give them a break and ask for the Tour to be better organised travel wise so that the ones who actually wanted to go do go. Of course though I still think for a few it was money related and they would not have gone anyways.

Postby sundaygirl

Wow this quickly turned into a clone of the Brazil thread.
Back on topic I think it is very commendable that John is drawing attention to the problems young players have getting started, without his presence BBC Scotland would not have covered it.
It is a shame some talented people can't reach their potential just because they are from poorer backgrounds.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Wow this quickly turned into a clone of the Brazil thread.
Back on topic I think it is very commendable that John is drawing attention to the problems young players have getting started, without his presence BBC Scotland would not have covered it.
It is a shame some talented people can't reach their potential just because they are from poorer backgrounds.

<ok>

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:Honestly guys, I can see why Monique gets exasperated with some of you lot. The simple fact is that Brazil was too close to the China Tournament for some who withdrew and for others there was not enough money and there's always the one or two that were never going to go anyway.
There is not any sport in the World where players are out of pocket to do things. In your Snooker fantasy land it might be the case that all players have to do anything required but this is not Fantasy land. Wild, Witz before you two pipe in about the dawn of a new age an all that I agree with you but it needed organising much better than it was. Also the fact now that in these tournaments now the players have to pay their own travel had some bearing I am sure so obviously they thought the money was not worth it OR they wanted appearance money on top, I simply dont know.
Family does have a bearing on this too. It's not so bad for Graeme as he had an extension put onto the house for a snooker room so he can practise at home and still have some time with the kids but take that away and he would be travelling to the Masters every day, which is a fair Journey from Larkhall, Then the PTC's at the weekend. He would hardly see his family and when they are young it's important to be there for them. So take some of the ones that dont have tables at home and have to practise in clubs and it actually adds to their schedules so instead of berating them for not going why not give them a break and ask for the Tour to be better organised travel wise so that the ones who actually wanted to go do go. Of course though I still think for a few it was money related and they would not have gone anyways.

Snooker fantasy land? <doh>

Its attitudes like yours and Moniques that are the fantasy im afraid :no:

Snooker is heading the way of tennis and golf under Hearn so if players priorities are sitting at home with the family then "PROFESSIONAL" snooker is not for them anymore. They could get away with it under Rodney Walker cos it was a part time job but those days are gone so its sink or swim time as far as im concerned. Its a sacrifice worth making, plus even if they are very successful in tournaments and have entered most, they are still getting far more time off per year than your average worker, so i think they should count themselves lucky and cut the whining just cos they have to play more than they used to.

What the hell do they want, the sport to remain part time to suit there family needs? The sport is bigger than any player and needs to grow bigger with or without these guys. Their choice. To put things into perspective, the Dotts of this world have it far better than these Chinese players who are away from home in a strange country 10 months of the year, now thats real dedication to the cause.

As far as Brazil goes, the expenses were being covered via Appearance money as far as i remember, plus there was good prize money to be made. As Hearn says, why reward mediocrity, the players go to an event, if they perform well they are rewarded well.

Practice in a club would always be my prefered option as a pro than in the house, as thered be too many distractions in the house, plus i could find players to play rather than the monotomy of playing with myself :limp:

What club is the Masters one you talk about anyway? Ive played most of the clubs in and around the Glasgow area (and the snooker clubs too :hatoff: ) but cant think of that one :huh:

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Honestly guys, I can see why Monique gets exasperated with some of you lot. The simple fact is that Brazil was too close to the China Tournament for some who withdrew and for others there was not enough money and there's always the one or two that were never going to go anyway.

thats no excuse im sorry i get the money issues for some players but i know people in buisness that fly home on a friday and fly to another destination on the saturday in time for work on Monday..

its proffesional sport in 2011 that what they do and have to do.

Postby snooky147

@Witz, You have never heard of or been in The Craigpark Masters.? It was, I dont know about now the best club in the city. It used to hold Pro ams Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday to really good numbers.Located at the top of Craigpark Drive . It's where Higgins practices. As for graeme with a table at home he still goes and plays other pro's and they come to him as well so he gets to play match practice just the same. Now, back on topic. I dont necessarily disagree with a lot of what you and Wild are saying and I definitely dont want back to the bad ol days of Walker but to thrust all this on the players and just say get on with it will just not do and forever much you guys saying for them to make sacrifices for the good of the game, well sorry guys, they are in it for themselves, no matter how much I agree on certain points that's just the plain fact of the matter.I dont honestly know why your Higgins and such did not go to Brazil but you can bet the last pound in your pocket that for some the money, whether it be appearance or Prize money was simply not worth it to them.Selfish, yes, absolutely.

Postby GJ

if bingham misses an event due to his partners new baby not good enough

no excuses hes a professional

WILD

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:@Witz, You have never heard of or been in The Craigpark Masters.? It was, I dont know about now the best club in the city. It used to hold Pro ams Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday to really good numbers.Located at the top of Craigpark Drive . It's where Higgins practices. As for graeme with a table at home he still goes and plays other pro's and they come to him as well so he gets to play match practice just the same. Now, back on topic. I dont necessarily disagree with a lot of what you and Wild are saying and I definitely dont want back to the bad ol days of Walker but to thrust all this on the players and just say get on with it will just not do and forever much you guys saying for them to make sacrifices for the good of the game, well sorry guys, they are in it for themselves, no matter how much I agree on certain points that's just the plain fact of the matter.I dont honestly know why your Higgins and such did not go to Brazil but you can bet the last pound in your pocket that for some the money, whether it be appearance or Prize money was simply not worth it to them.Selfish, yes, absolutely.

Ah yeh i know the one your on about, walked past there about 3 months ago, never played in it though, think there was a disco / nightclub beside it that caught my eye mind u ? :shock: :bowdown:

Ive tended to play in the Reardons Clubs laterlly, usually the one in Shawlands, though Chinatown i used to play in years ago but its a bit run down though i quite like snooker clubs that are like a time warp, though the tables are usually crap in these kinda places.

Used to play the Partick snooker club before it got taken over as a bar and they gradually reduced the number of tables in there, now down to ONE from 8 <doh>

Done a few stints in the Q Club but always found it full of idiots and too busy to be honest.

Postby Witz78

then you see players like Highfield aged 20 already married.

talk about living your life first and having some fun, no doubt hell be changing nappies soon and too busy to play snooker too.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:then you see players like Highfield aged 20 already married.

talk about living your life first and having some fun, no doubt hell be changing nappies soon and too busy to play snooker too.

married at 20 what a muppet <doh>

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:

5/7 of my mates who got married before they were 26 are divorced already <laugh>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

5/7 of my mates who got married before they were 26 are divorced already <laugh>

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

<laugh> <laugh>

you like divorce lol

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

<laugh> <laugh>

you like divorce lol

thought Aussies liked people who married young ?

Postby GJ

GJ wrote:if bingham misses an event due to his partners new baby not good enough

no excuses hes a professional

WILD

bumped for wild :? :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:5/7 of my mates who got married before they were 26 are divorced already <laugh>

<laugh> <laugh>

you like divorce lol

thought Aussies liked people who married young ?

i bet you cried at the wedding rofl