Post a reply

Re: Are people slowly turning against Judd Trump?

Postby Witz78

Sickpotter wrote:
Witz78 wrote:im not even biased against Higgins cos of the NOTW episode

i hated him in the 90s, he was always dour and boring and to be honest a Hendry Mark 2 zzzzzzzzzzzz

ive no interest in players like him, not my style at all, give me a kamikaze Drago, a foaming at the mouth Alex or a loose cannon Hann anyday ahead of Higgins and his gritty determination.

at least Ebdon who i like and am a big fan of, takes risks and isnt the boring player that Snookerfan and so many other so called experts seem to think.

Ah, now we get to the heart of it.....you don't like competetive snooker, you like exhibition snooker.

Fair enough, we're all entitled to watch what we like <ok>

Never thought I'd see the day where your views would match Monique's :john:

as a battler on the table myself (yeh i prefer to play all out attack and Drago-like but when theres money at stake, ill happily slug it out all day long if thats what it takes) as well as a fan of all snooker, i do like competitive snooker, be it slow or fast. I like Ebdon and Selbys methodical tactical abilities as much as i like Jimmy or Ronnies flair, plus id almost rather watch a really scrappy club-like frame than a wham bam thank you mam 6 minute century and next frame please gents affair, so you havent a clue what type of snooker i like mate.

Postby Roland

That last bit was a bit out of character for you Witz. Succumbed to the wind up :redneck:

I would pay to watch Witz in a match I must admit

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:That last bit was a bit out of character for you Witz. Succumbed to the wind up :redneck:

I would pay to watch Witz in a match I must admit

Wild must have logged in as me a minute ago :grrr:

haha it would be value for money, would be comedy gold i can imagine watching me get drunk during the course of the match, not to mention the standard headstaggers, cue slams and rattles of the cushion with my fists after bad shots.

Postby Bourne

i hated him in the 90s, he was always dour and boring and to be honest a Hendry Mark 2 zzzzzzzzzzzz

ive no interest in players like him, not my style at all, give me a kamikaze Drago, a foaming at the mouth Alex or a loose cannon Hann anyday ahead of Higgins and his gritty determination.

at least Ebdon who i like and am a big fan of, takes risks and isnt the boring player that Snookerfan and so many other so called experts seem to think.

I must admit I found it hard to take this seriously after reading the first line :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

I love watching Higgins play, to be honest. Regardless of what people think of him as a person before or after NOTW, he was always one of my favourite players to watch. Like Sonny's example of when he played Trump, I think he can adapt his game to fit any kind of game, and any kind of opponent.

Remember that game when he played Ronnie, the master potter, and got hundreds of unanswered points? That shows that the talk of him being just a grinder is complete nonsense. But, he's not just an attacking flair player either, because he has a rock solid safety game. So when people try to tie him up in safeties, he can do it right back. I find that fascinating to watch. You can go into a match not knowing which way he'll play, or even if he'll play the same strategy in each frame.

I guess different people like different things. :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

I'm flattered you think I'm an expert. :bowdown: I usually just refer to myself as a fat bloke who watches a lot of snooker. rofl

I probably don't play enough to be considered an expert.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
snooky147 wrote:If we all liked the same style of players then this forum would be just one large agree fest. Cant have that. rofl

It might be nice if we agreed sometimes. rofl

I disagree. :telloff:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
snooky147 wrote:If we all liked the same style of players then this forum would be just one large agree fest. Cant have that. rofl

I disagree. :telloff:

:grrr:

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

thats never going to happen is it lol

when you got a lot of people you wont agree all together

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I meant I wanted to have one person agree with me... Just once. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I meant I wanted to have one person agree with me... Just once. <laugh>

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2504&p=176880#p176880

what do you want blood lol

Postby Bourne

jadechelsea WC wrote:I have never been a fan of Judd trump I think one of the reasons is because everyone just keeps going on and on about him <laugh>

So you judge the fans rather than the player :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
jadechelsea WC wrote:I have never been a fan of Judd trump I think one of the reasons is because everyone just keeps going on and on about him <laugh>

Fanboyism of any player can get annoying though, to be fair.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

We agree on something :spot on:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

We agree on something :spot on:

That's the second time somebody has agreed with me in 24 hours. That's got to be a record.

Postby Bourne

jadechelsea WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:I think it's a point worth making twice <ok>

No wonder Jade is getting annoyed. rofl

Thanks for agreeing snookerfan :-)

I agree <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
jadechelsea WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I agree <ok>

I agree that you agree. <ok>

Postby jadechelsea

Bourne wrote:
jadechelsea WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I agree <ok>

sorry bourne thanks for agreeing too :-)