Post a reply

Re: Michaela Tabb's website gives me useful information....

Postby Roland

And he bases his opinion of the format on the drunken antics of the participating audience rather than the game itself which will definitely bring in a young audience to the main game if allowed to develop.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:witz

i dont see power snooker as a threat ffs i just see it as shitty bullocks <ok>

yous all did at the time though

yous were up in arms over it

yous pre-judged it

yous refused to watch it

yes im not proud about that everything and everyone deserved a chance <ok>

but in the end it just proved how right i was <laugh>

Postby Roland

No, you were being a closed minded runt right from the start and didn't give it a chance. You watched it, but missed the best matches and turned off after about 10 minutes without even trying to like it. That's not giving it a chance.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:No, you were being a closed minded runt right from the start and didn't give it a chance. You watched it, but missed the best matches and turned off after about 10 minutes without even trying to like it. That's not giving it a chance.

mate it bored me bucking senseless after 30 minute that was plenty of time.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I suppose I didn't give OneFourSeven a chance but I did read the rules before deciding it was a crock of rubbish not worthy of any more investigation.

<laugh>

I think you should rescind the runt remark.

Okay, maybe not, Wild uses the word; "buck" more then the word "Hello", so he won't be offended. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

If we're going to insist on talking about Power Snooker on my beautiful Michaela Tabb thread, I didn't think it was as bad as I thought it was going to be on the day, but didn't see the end.

Weirdly though, on watching some of it back on You Tube more recently, I sat there thinking; "What's this rubbish?" I guess maybe as I was having a beer and a pizza with my mates on a Saturday, it made the fact that it was silly dross irrelevant. A bit like if you ever taped Noel's House Party on a Saturday Night and watched it during the week, you weren't in the mood for it.

In essence, it was treated exactly what it was. An excuse for a big piss-up. When you get the fans encouraged to get drunk (with the presenter actually telling you at the start to get off your tits) then it's never going to be serious snooker. More of a drunken rabble perving women and reaching orgasmic levels of excitement every time somebody went; "Power Zone." Replace it with serious snooker? No. For a one-off piss-up, it was okay.

The fact it's on ITV4 makes it easy to ignore if you don't want to watch it.

Postby Sickpotter

Best of luck with the Michaela stalking.....try not to get arrested ;-)

As for PS......other than the balls and table size nothing about it remotely resembles snooker. They should change the name to power shoot out and drop the word snooker from the title.

Mickey mouse event anyway that caters to a fanbase that real snooker is better off without so keep it going and save real snooker from an influx of yobs. ;-)