Post a reply

Re: Busy July for snooker!

Postby Alex0paul

Will probably only bother with the Australian Open. Thr others don't set my pulse racing unless Dott does well in the Wuxi Classic.

Postby Wildey

im interested in the World Cup because its variety to the norm.

Postby Roland

People been crying out for a World Cup. Fair enough. Doesn't float my boat though. I'll tune into the Australian if I get a chance because it's a proper ranker but I don't mind missing the odd event. It's good that snooker spreads its wings, I'm fully behind it.

Postby Steve K

Interesting!

Nice that EuroSport are broadcasting the Wuxi Classic, but for once I might be getting snooker burnout myself, never mind the players!

I think the world cup will probably be my favourite in terms of the actual pure enjoyment of watching. I can't wait to see the likes of Lasse and Patrick Einsle on TV and the big boys playing doubles. Wonder if there will be much banter between the teams also?

Postby Wildey

Steve K wrote:Interesting!

Nice that EuroSport are broadcasting the Wuxi Classic, but for once I might be getting snooker burnout myself, never mind the players!

I think the world cup will probably be my favourite in terms of the actual pure enjoyment of watching. I can't wait to see the likes of Lasse and Patrick Einsle on TV and the big boys playing doubles. Wonder if there will be much banter between the teams also?

yes thats another reason seeing players that we dont see often play and hopefully our first pro match of Luca Brecel on TV.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

yes thats another reason seeing players that we dont see often play and hopefully our first pro match of Luca Brecel on TV.

bullocks, we saw him at Power Snooker last year. Pro makes no big deal to me, hes always been a pro to me (and Monique) anyway

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:People been crying out for a World Cup. Fair enough. Doesn't float my boat though. I'll tune into the Australian if I get a chance because it's a proper ranker but I don't mind missing the odd event. It's good that snooker spreads its wings, I'm fully behind it.

Yes, out of the three in July, that's the one that excites me the least. Australian Open is the most exciting, as you say, as it's a proper ranking event. Pity it's on at such a bastard time, but you can't help that if the game is to expand internationally.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 02 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Burnout won't affect me too much. The games are mostly on when I'm at work, or will be asleep. I can't get up at 1am to watch snooker, if I have to go to work later, so taping games will be the order of the month. Unfortunately, this means picking and chosing matches and not watching them all. :-(

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

bullocks, we saw him at Power Snooker last year. Pro makes no big deal to me, hes always been a pro to me (and Monique) anyway

nobody with a brain has seen him play then <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:nobody with a brain has seen him play then <ok>

rofl

Come on most of us gave it a go, even if we'd turned off by the end. Luca Brecel was the first game, but he just looked really awkward with all the razmatazz, to be honest. I thought he joined Clive in the fish out of water group.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

Come on most of us gave it a go, even if we'd turned off by the end. Luca Brecel was the first game, but he just looked really awkward with all the razmatazz, to be honest. I thought he joined Clive in the fish out of water group.

Was luca first match on ?

forgot anything that happened i was more interested with the power girls then after they finished i switched off.

once you seen them unless they was topless in the second match then getting naked here after what more was there to see ?

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

forgot anything that happened i was more interested with the power girls then after they finished i switched off.

once you seen them unless they was topless in the second match then getting naked here after what more was there to see ?

That is what happened. By the final, they were lezzing up on the snooker table. Sorry you missed it.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 02 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

your opinion on Power Snooker is worth about as much as Bournes on Nadal. Biased tripe <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

your opinion on Power Snooker is worth about as much as Bournes on Nadal. Biased tripe <doh>

my opinion = power snooker has vanished and the one and only person who actually talks about it is ummmmmmm you <doh>

Postby randam05

I cant believe some of you will sit there knowing there is snooker on the telly and ignore it! I couldnt do it!

Ill be watching every second of snooker from the 7th to the 24th July. How can the world cup not interest you!? watching players play together in pairs will be a great laugh hopefully. Maybe some banter, and light hearted chatting and bickering between the players. Along with some top quality snooker and the chance to see some new different players from all over the globe in action!

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:I cant believe some of you will sit there knowing there is snooker on the telly and ignore it! I couldnt do it!

Ill be watching every second of snooker from the 7th to the 24th July. How can the world cup not interest you!? watching players play together in pairs will be a great laugh hopefully. Maybe some banter, and light hearted chatting and bickering between the players. Along with some top quality snooker and the chance to see some new different players from all over the globe in action!

I just prefer it to be man-to-man. I'll give the World Cup a try. But the highlights are the Wuxi Classic and the Australian Open for me though.

Postby Witz78

The Wuxi Classic is about 20 times less appealing to me than the World Cup.

World Cup is something totally different and a hark back to the glory days of team events of the 80s and 90s we used to see.

The Wuxi is a poor mans ranking event, with the same old boring format zzzzzzzzzzz

Postby SnookerFan

I always liked the best of nine format, I don't know what was the matter with it was. :bowdown: People call it stale, but I love it. As long as there are longer frame tournaments as well, I don't see the problem.