Post a reply

cue suggestion - coming to London...

Postby hmiko

Hi guys, im interested in a snooker cue and am coming to London in couple of weeks.
Im 1.83 height and prefer 9.9.5 diameter . i dont like carrying 4\3 cues so preferably 1/2. budget is around 250pounds. Ill be near marble arch and russel Sq, which shops would you advise ?and cues?

Re: cue suggestion - coming to London...

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Come on Islanders, help the poor man!

I personally know nothing about London snooker clubs.

Neither do I, I'm afraid, or I'd have spoken up. And I know even less about snooker cues. I've heard of Riley's, and that's about the extent of my snooker club knowledge. I must be the only person on this site that doesn't play. rofl

Postby gallantrabbit

Best place to start is Kings Cross 'Hurricane Room' There are several around the city. Even Kings Cross is nice now, they look after the tables and you can actually risk eating or drinking something there, which wasn't always the case...That's where I played last time I was over anyway. Back in a couple of weeks :happy:

Postby Sickpotter

I don't know where a distributor in London might be but you might want to look into CueCraft cues.

If possible look for an older make, they were originally hand made but over the last decade or so have moved into more of a mass production. Still very good cues, even at the mass production level. I particularly like their quick release joints on the 3/4 butt cues, the brass is soft which helps with the feel of the cue.

Another cue maker to look at is Riley but they're very high end and pricey.

IMO, one doesn't need to spend 500 pounds to get a good cue so my preference would be the CueCraft which are very good and quite reasonable.

Enjoy your trip.

Postby Wildey

Hallenberg wrote:<ok>

Good to see we can rely on our friends in Brazil and Canada to tell us what we have in our own backyard. :baby:

rofl

seriously i havent got a clue never baught a cue in my life although i have 2 that was won in Christmas raffles one my dad won 25 to 30 years ago lol
Last edited by Wildey on 22 Jun 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Hallenberg wrote:<ok>

Good to see we can rely on our friends in Brazil and Canada to tell us what we have in our own backyard. :baby:

That's what they say about London, isn't it? If you want directions, ask a tourist.

Postby Roland

Certainly don't ask Hallenberg unless you want to end up on a one way trip to Chatham on a train that doesn't stop :santa:

Postby Roland

There's probably a snooker club in Chatham so not that off topic. Especially if hmiko accidentally catches the same one way train to hell as you made us catch

:redneck:

Postby Steve K

If your in East London then pay a visit to Upton Park Snooker Club in Eastham. Great rates, good quality tables and they sell a variety of cues and other bits and bobs.

And of course if you are in South London, check out Parris Cues in Forest Hill. Arguably the best cue maker and shop in the country.

Postby Wildey

Hallenberg wrote:Great. Now all that remains is to find out where the hell hmiko has gone.

<laugh> <laugh>