Post a reply

Re: Can Ricky Walden win another ranking event?

Postby Bourne

Monique wrote:
Bourne wrote:Joke if they add a wildcard into the Masters again <doh> Bazza starting to crack under pressure I think.

It's not exactly a wildcard as obviously a player winning the UK does belong to the elite. And it's nothing new, it was the same last year.

You think the UK in it's current format it's much more important than winning a normal ranker then ? :chuckle: It's meant to be top 16, having someone ranked 20+ defeats the object, a hollow master <ok>

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:
randam05 wrote:World snooker said earlier, if Fu or Walden win this tournament they will get a wild card to the masters

yes and its not beyond either of them but Maguire and Robbo been very impressive and if Judd can step it up a bit he can do some damage whitch i think he will on the back of beating Ronnie.

Allen will see to Kong Fu tonight and then Walden at the weekend :-)

Postby Tubberlad

I'm not getting all this excitement about Walden. He's playing well alright, but he's clearly fourth of this lot right now... Murphy hadn't played well all tournament, and Williams was rubbish. I think Allen will see to him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:I'm not getting all this excitement about Walden. He's playing well alright, but he's clearly fourth of this lot right now... Murphy hadn't played well all tournament, and Williams was rubbish. I think Allen will see to him.

For me the Williams match changed everything. He played well in other tournament since the 2008 Shanghai Masters but he always faltered against the big guys. And Williams is one of the hardest players to beat in a ranking event, he basically was in every final for a year now. Walden played superb under pressure this time, his breakbuilding is brilliant and his confidence goes through the roof. I think that 147 a week ago helped him a lot. Against Murphy he didn't show any sign of weakness towards the winning line and kept his cool once things didn't go his way. He raced into a 3-0 lead against Williams who came strongly back at him. Many players would have been finished at that point but he just played on and won comfortably.

He has a won a title before and he has a chance to do it again this week. Just imagine what a shock that would be.

Postby Wildey

i think its open but Trump and Robertson has been in the World Final. so who ever wins today has to be odds on to win.

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:Most of this thread would be in the junkyard these days.

Why?

it was a serious question at the time and its only natural after Ricky wins tournament the thread is revisited