Post a reply

Re: Snooker Montage 1984

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:This is for the older members of the forum; nice memories from yesteryear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9_HngD5S2k

takes me back to my childhood that one , wish they would do montages and shot of the championship again. it was always good fun.

funny how old the average age of the players was then wasnt it

the new generation were starting to emerge though

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:This is for the older members of the forum; nice memories from yesteryear.

takes me back to my childhood that one , wish they would do montages and shot of the championship again. it was always good fun.

Yes, there were so many old timers playing in those days. Rex Williams, Roy Andrewartha, Graham Miles, Paul Mifsud, Eddie Sinclair, Fred Davis, Ray Reardon, John Spencer, Doug Mountjoy,David Taylor,Silvino Francisco, and of course Eddie Charlton! :gramp:

If you were 30 you were a baby!! rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:takes me back to my childhood that one , wish they would do montages and shot of the championship again. it was always good fun.

One of the programmes I brought at an event one year had one of those fascinating facts bits at the end. I think it was at The Crucible. It said; "The average age of the people entering this tournament had never been below 30 in 1992. Since 1992, it's never been above 30."

:bow:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

dont forget Cliff Thorburn and Dennis Taylor was the age then Ronnie,Higgins and Williams are today.

Postby vodkadiet

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

dont forget Cliff Thorburn and Dennis Taylor was the age then Ronnie,Higgins and Williams are today.

That's true, but in those days Thorburn and Taylor were classed as relatively young!

Kirk Stevens seemed to play a kind of 'Attention all pockets' type of game going by the clips!

Postby Wildey

Rex Williams was the age what Steve Davis is today lol

but he looks far more ancient

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:takes me back to my childhood that one , wish they would do montages and shot of the championship again. it was always good fun.

One of the programmes I brought at an event one year had one of those fascinating facts bits at the end. I think it was at The Crucible. It said; "The average age of the people entering this tournament had never been below 30 in 1992. Since 1992, it's never been above 30."

:bow:

surely this year it was over 30??

the top 16 average age for starters must be in the 30s surely

and the bulk of the qualifiers were in their 30s from my memory

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

No idea. This was two or three years ago, remember. And I think it meant the venue stage, rather then including qualifiers. But that's from memory.

Sorry I've taken so long to reply. I thought the question deserved a lot of thought, before I said; "I dunno."

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

No idea. This was two or three years ago, remember. And I think it meant the venue stage, rather then including qualifiers. But that's from memory.

Sorry I've taken so long to reply. I thought the question deserved a lot of thought, before I said; "I dunno."

rofl