Post a reply

Re: The Evolution of the PTCs?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I don't mind the comparison to tennis, or the one that is constantly made to darts. Taking ideas from other sports is fine. But we can't fall into the trap of thinking what works for one sport, works for another either. This is a snooker forum, but we seem to spend as much time discussing tennis as anything else.

point is there are tennis players playing for peanuts just like snooker players and the only way they can reach the level of federer or Higgins is to do the traveling and win matches...booking in to hotel rooms and living out of suitcases 24/7.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I don't mind the comparison to tennis, or the one that is constantly made to darts. Taking ideas from other sports is fine. But we can't fall into the trap of thinking what works for one sport, works for another either. This is a snooker forum, but we seem to spend as much time discussing tennis as anything else.

point is there are tennis players playing for peanuts just like snooker players and the only way they can reach the level of federer or Higgins is to do the traveling and win matches...booking in to hotel rooms and living out of suitcases 24/7.

No, I take the points. It's just almost every discussion we have on here, somebody points out what happens in tennis. I never understood why. Maybe just because I don't like tennis, but it seemed a bit of a pointless thing to keep comparing it to.

I like boxing, but I don't think they should send in ring card girls between frames with big signs signalling what frame is coming next.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

No, I take the points. It's just almost every discussion we have on here, somebody points out what happens in tennis. I never understood why. Maybe just because I don't like tennis, but it seemed a bit of a pointless thing to keep comparing it to.

I like boxing, but I don't think they should send in ring card girls between frames with big signs signalling what frame is coming next.

i was answering monique and others its not exclusively snooker players that has to do it...

for years they have had it easy booking in to about 9 hotels in 12 months now its all change.

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 44,00.html

Amateur players will have the chance to earn a place on the World Snooker Tour via this season's Players Tour Championship.

At the end of the 2011/12 season, the top eight on the final PTC Order of Merit, who have not already qualified by finishing in the top 64 of the world rankings, will be handed a place on the 2012/13 Tour.

This replaces the criteria used for the 2011/12 season, where only Tour players among those eight players on the Order of Merit were eligible.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: "This is another step towards opening the game up, giving everybody a chance to qualify and making sure we have the best players on the professional Tour.

"Last season there were some fantastic performances in the PTC events from amateurs such as Daniel Wells and Michael Wasley, and this time we are rewarding amateurs and giving them every encouragement to enter the PTC events.