Post a reply

Re: How will Jimmy White fare next season?

Postby Monique

Yes, but his game made him "different"...
As you say today most players, not just the younger ones, have a similar game. If in addition they have a fairly "normal" personality and a quiet life it's pretty difficult to make them stand out of the lot. In a way it's unfair: they are dedicated, professional, well behaved, all good ... and boring ;)

Postby Witz78

H0pefully Trump keeps up his arrogance with the flash cars, nightclubbing etc and eventually gets a few bad headlines in the papers, becomes a minor celeb etc and earns a bad boy reputation then that will boost snookers profile.

Sod the honey and the vitamin pills !!!

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:H0pefully Trump keeps up his arrogance with the flash cars, nightclubbing etc and eventually gets a few bad headlines in the papers, becomes a minor celeb etc and earns a bad boy reputation then that will boost snookers profile.

rofl

yes Trump even though he plays that similar game he pulled off some breathtaking pots during the WC which made him stand out.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:H0pefully Trump keeps up his arrogance with the flash cars, nightclubbing etc and eventually gets a few bad headlines in the papers, becomes a minor celeb etc and earns a bad boy reputation then that will boost snookers profile.

It'd give him some personality I suppose.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:

rofl

yes Trump even though he plays that similar game he pulled off some breathtaking pots during the WC which made him stand out.

did you notice that I wrote "most" not "all"? Judd IS different. My hubby isn't really a snooker fan, he likes to watch it with me, he likes to watch Ronnie and MJW ... and now Judd. The reason he warmed to Judd was not just his daring style of play, it was mainly his enthusiasm, the obvious and communicative enjoyment he had at the table, the openness of the tweets... In short it was not just about the "player", it was also about the young man behind the cue.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

rofl

did you notice that I wrote "most" not "all"? Judd IS different. My hubby isn't really a snooker fan, he likes to watch it with me, he likes to watch Ronnie and MJW ... and now Judd. The reason he warmed to Judd was not just his daring style of play, it was mainly his enthusiasm, the obvious and communicative enjoyment he had at the table, the openness of the tweets... In short it was not just about the "player", it was also about the young man behind the cue.

that part of Trump came out because of that china win prior to that he came over as a shy guy almost afraid of crowds he looked timmid he did not radiate charistma but he did during the WC which was brilliant to see TBH.

Postby Tubberlad

Monique wrote:Yes, but his game made him "different"...
As you say today most players, not just the younger ones, have a similar game. If in addition they have a fairly "normal" personality and a quiet life it's pretty difficult to make them stand out of the lot. In a way it's unfair: they are dedicated, professional, well behaved, all good ... and boring ;)

Which is why, regardless of how much some claim they have brought the game into disrepute (with the exception of White), Ronnie O'Sullivan, Alex Higgins & Jimmy White have done more for this game's popularity than any other players. Trump is next in line, no doubt in my mind.