Post a reply

Re: The World Open

Postby SnookerFan

Do I really have to explain this again? Or do you just love me so much, you use me for every example for everything? :limp:

I've never said the players shouldn't care about money. It's their livelihood, they have to make a decent living like anybody else. Asking them to travel all over the world for free is just absurd. Nobody would be left in the game. We all want the sport to be able to be last financially, that's why the sponsorship issue is so important. Players need to make money.

I've said the exact specifics of what a player is getting paid is not my concern. And it's not, as long as they are getting paid well. That doesn't mean I think they are all getting paid well

Also, I've said I don't judge prestige entirely based on the prize fund, there are other factors.

When have I ever said; "I don't want the players to get paid, and think they should be doing it for free"? rofl

Postby Wildey

buck me im watching snooker cant be fussed with this rubbish

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:buck me im watching snooker cant be fussed with this rubbish

You'll be back. Once the live streams back, you'll be here calling everybody fuck-wits, in true WildJones style. :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

davehendon David Hendon
The other interesting part of Hearn's letter is that the World Open will no longer be best of 5s. So much for shorter formats!

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
davehendon David Hendon
The other interesting part of Hearn's letter is that the World Open will no longer be best of 5s. So much for shorter formats!

Thats more to do with the fact its in China this year than any issues with the best of 5s last year. They were an overwhelming success.

Postby PLtheRef

Wild wrote:
davehendon David Hendon

So Pot Black's a ranking event then.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
davehendon David Hendon

Thats more to do with the fact its in China this year than any issues with the best of 5s last year. They were an overwhelming success.

yes its a long way to go for 3 frames no interval.