Post a reply

Re: Trump not destined to ever win the World Championships

Postby wheelsofsteel

Monique wrote:I never wrote that Judd WILL win it, just that writing him off because he didn't when reaching his first World final looks ridiculous in my eyes. I also wrote that we don't know if Hendry would have done better, not that he defo would not have done better. And I'll stick by both. White has NEVER won the World title - good as he was. Why? IMO because his lifestyle and the mental side were left wanting. That's not something that you can say about John Higgins.

Hendry did do better, because he played White. You are far too dismissive of White because he didn't win a world title. Based on your logic, Joe Johnson, Peter Ebdon, Graeme Dott, Shaun Murphy were all better players than White, and Paul Hunter would never feature in your thinking.

:hmmm: clever

Postby Monique

wheelsofsteel wrote:
GJ wrote:Mon

From what a i hear john higgins would have won a few more worlds but his dedication to the game wasnt as strong after his 98 world title till the middle of the next decade

Correct

That is correct indeed. But then dedication is part of the champion's attributes. The same could be said about ROS and Williams.
I'm not certain that if John had not been caught in the NOTW sting and banned he would have won this one: clearly his motivation has been boosted big time by the desire to regain his pride on the MT.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:

From what a i hear john higgins would have won a few more worlds but his dedication to the game wasnt as strong after his 98 world title till the middle of the next decade

Correct

That is correct indeed. But then dedication is part of the champion's attributes. The same could be said about ROS and Williams.
I'm not certain that if John had not been caught in the NOTW sting and banned he would have won this one: clearly his motivation has been boosted big time by the desire to regain his pride on the MT.

Monique. :wave:

Do you think Higgins will equal Hendry's record?

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:ok that proves who the greatest is Hendry beat Jimmy 4 times in finals and once in a semi final between 1990 and 1995... none of the other of your top 5 got that record against another member of your top 5 in a WC Match.

zzzzzzzzzz

ah so your accepting my top 5 is correct then?

if not, then dont use it for your side of an argument :no:

Postby wheelsofsteel

Monique wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:

Correct

And the ever-so-small matter of being a winner for his dad

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:ok that proves who the greatest is Hendry beat Jimmy 4 times in finals and once in a semi final between 1990 and 1995... none of the other of your top 5 got that record against another member of your top 5 in a WC Match.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dont worry jimmy will win the big one next year <cool>

the world seniors :win: rofl <laugh>

Postby Witz78

wheelsofsteel wrote:
Monique wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:

Correct

And the ever-so-small matter of being a winner for his dad

call my unsentimenal and disrespectful if you want but hopefully now we wont hear about Higgins dad all the time and see JH breaking down etc

its almost a stuck record

plenty of other players have lost a parent but they dont make such a big deal of it

Holt and Jimmy spring to mind and theres many more who i cant remember hence i wont name them

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz

Jimmy will make the QUARTERS of an event next season. U heard it first here <ok>

i successfully predicted Judds rise to fame and i will also predict Jimmys resurgence in 2011/12 :bowdown:

the world seniors :win: rofl <laugh>[/quote]

Postby wheelsofsteel

Witz78 wrote:
call my unsentimenal and disrespectful if you want but hopefully now we wont hear about Higgins dad all the time and see JH breaking down etc

plenty of other players have lost a parent but they dont make such a big deal of it

Holt and Jimmy spring to mind and theres many more who i cant remember hence i wont name them
[/quote]

... and had their career put in the balance in the same year? I don't think so somehow

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:witz using the quote function

rofl rofl rofl

YOUR fault pal

you musta had the end of quote miles down below your last word that i quoted :grrr: :grrr:

yes i said jimmy would win the big one

then for comic value a big space then

world seniors :boo: <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:

the world seniors :win: rofl <laugh>

I love the way that is being treated like a massive event by World Snooker. rofl Jimmy White was one of the candidates for the Player of the Year award. :roll:

he is playing in the Prem League aswell on the back of that and Selby isnt <doh>

Postby Wildey

but having said that the Prem League has been downgraded even lower than it was.

so i have no problem in jimmy playing a downgraded exhibition event <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:but having said that the Prem League has been downgraded even lower than it was.

to be honest i disagree with the new set up

personally last seasons was the highest quality line up in years and my criteria for the SEVEN players this season would have been

Defending champion - RONNIE O'SULLIVAN
World Champion - JOHN HIGGINS
UK Champion - JOHN HIGGINS so thats a doubler
Masters Champion - DING JUNHUI
Championship League winner - MATTHEW STEVENS

these would be the only 5 guaranteed places. as Higgins won 2 events, theres actually 3 players left to be in the league and the fairest way id select the next 3, would be using the one year list for 2010-11 and picking the highest ranked 3 players who arent already amongst the names above.

which would see WILLIAMS, SELBY and TRUMP in the PL.

Postby Wildey

i did not see any reason to increase it to 10 and reduce the frames.

all id do is just scrap the time outs and every shot has to be played within 25 seconds

Postby wheelsofsteel

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:but having said that the Prem League has been downgraded even lower than it was.

to be honest i disagree with the new set up

personally last seasons was the highest quality line up in years and my criteria for the SEVEN players this season would have been

Defending champion - RONNIE O'SULLIVAN
World Champion - JOHN HIGGINS
UK Champion - JOHN HIGGINS so thats a doubler
Masters Champion - DING JUNHUI
Championship League winner - MATTHEW STEVENS

these would be the only 5 guaranteed places. as Higgins won 2 events, theres actually 3 players left to be in the league and the fairest way id select the next 3, would be using the one year list for 2010-11 and picking the highest ranked 3 players who arent already amongst the names above.

which would see WILLIAMS, SELBY and TRUMP in the PL.

lets face it, its all about keeping the top players sweet

Postby Witz78

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:They're trying to get it like the Darts PL with everybody playing every night.

hopefully they get the fans and crowds as noisy as the darts too.

Hearn can test the water with the PL this season to see whether his new innovations and noisy crowd etc can be implemented into main tour ranking events in the future. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:They're trying to get it like the Darts PL with everybody playing every night.

Hearn can test the water with the PL this season to see whether his new innovations and noisy crowd etc can be implemented into main tour ranking events in the future. <ok>

it cant and wont so no point <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

it cant and wont so no point <ok>

the Sky Shootout was a success and will have opened Hearns eyes :hatoff:

the Masters moving to the Ally Pally is another step in this direction <ok>

Postby Casey

Hearn announced this pretty early in the Championship. Selby could have been number 1 without winning the tournament. I would have been interesting to see if Jimmy would have got kicked out and Selby put in place.

Postby N_Castle07

Correct[/quote]

I'm not certain that if John had not been caught in the NOTW sting and banned he would have won this one: clearly his motivation has been boosted big time by the desire to regain his pride on the MT.[/quote]

And the ever-so-small matter of being a winner for his dad[/quote]

Holt and Jimmy spring to mind and theres many more who i cant remember hence i wont name them[/quote]
Well if you watch on youtube the UK, Welsh and Worlds winning interviews you will see that Higgins clearly didn't want to talk about his dad and that everytime the interviewer kept pushing the subject on to him. So in a nut shell i totally diagree with you on this, and if Ronnie's dad had of died he would of expected buckingham palace to have there flags at half mass.

Postby vodkadiet

Darren Mogan lost both parents within a few moths of each other when in the 96/97 season. Selby lost his father when he was about 15, Doherty at 10, Stevens when he was about 23, the list goes on.

Don't forget the amount of times we heard about Ronnie's father? We always got "Poor Ronnie". "It is terrible for Ronnie". It was as if he was the only one who had ever suffered any emotional hardship.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 07 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.