25%
25%
38%
No votes
13%

Total votes : 8

Rate the season

Postby Rocket_ron

this thread is designed for you to rate your thoughts and feelings on this season the first season under Barry hearn.

1 is poor and very shamefull
10 is the best season ever

Re: Rate the season

Postby Rocket_ron

I have voted 8

because its been an excellent season as regards money and events held, but it has its ups and downs ie Higgins ban then winning everything and Ronnies cant be fussed attitude has prevented it from being a 10

Highlights of this season is definitely the new rankings - at first i hated it but now i think its a great idea because it has held more players get to the rankings they deserve namely Judd Trump and Matthew Stevens.
The only thing I would change is an extra cut of after the china open then have the WC quals and the WC itself then. WC itself then.

All in all a great season but next year will be better

Postby PatBlock

I voted 6, why so low? The loss of the GP/WO on the BBC was a big negative for me. One quarter of our national terrestrial snooker callender gone within months of Mr Hearn's arrival. :td:

-

Postby Witz78

I voted 7, under the previous regime it would have been a 2 or 3 probably but Hearn has turned things around dramatically in a short space of time.

we all know of the positives of whats hes done so far but the reason i rated 2010/11 season at 7/10 is due to the following negatives.

-justice not being done with regards to Higgins
-the PTC tour requiring some major tweaking still IMO
-Ronnies dissapointing attitude
-BBC not renewing WO contract

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:I voted 7, under the previous regime it would have been a 2 or 3 probably but Hearn has turned things around dramatically in a short space of time.

we all know of the positives of whats hes done so far but the reason i rated 2010/11 season at 7/10 is due to the following negatives.

-justice not being done with regards to Higgins
-the PTC tour requiring some major tweaking still IMO
-Ronnies dissapointing attitude
-BBC not renewing WO contract

I will give my review later but I think Sky or ITV4 will take the World Open.

Postby GJ

casey

where is the world open being staged still glasgow or moved ?

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:casey

where is the world open being staged still glasgow or moved ?

China apparantly

which is well annoying as ive hut the Grand Prix / World Open the last 4 years as it was handy to get to

the event was supported well last year with the Hearn feelgood factor, new format and return to the SECC from Kelvin Hall so its dissapointing not to see it given another chance in Glasgow. Especially now with the WC being Scottish, not to mention the Scottish influences in snooker, its a bit of a farce if in the new era of snooker under Hearn with lots of tournaments, one cant be held in Scotland.

Same goes for Eire and N.Ireland, im all for global expansion of the game but there should be at least one ranker held in each of the countries in the British Isles, this is where the games heart, roots and core fanbase will always be.

Postby GJ

cheers witz