Post a reply

Re: Formats that I think should be tried out

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:In this scenario, for matches up to and including semi-finals:
First player to win two sets wins the match. Each set if best of three frames.
That's a minimum of four and a maximum of nine frames. That's perfectly workable.

A final could be best of seven sets: minimum eight frames, a maximum of 21 frames. Also perfectly workable.

Seriously, someone suggest this to Hurn! I am far too lazy to do so.

i suggested this to hearn 8 years ago he ignored me at the time but i thought in about 4 years he would have done this and passed it on as his own idea.

Say it again. He’s old, would be liable to forget

Postby Holden Chinaski

eraserhead wrote:I'd quite like to see a thick/slow cloth event. I know tennis has different surfaces but I don't watch that so I don't know what surface makes a difference, but I've seen some players like Robbo say quick clothes aid in splitting the pack and evens out the break building.

It might be a nice way for the best of seven events to separate themselves in some way, as it looks like snooker in the UK will have short formats as a default for newer events.

I think this is a very interesting idea!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Hearn ban Wild?

no like him or loath him he replies to the little man on social media and he loves a arguament so he wont stoop to what the official world snooker feed did thats just childish

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
eraserhead wrote:I'd quite like to see a thick/slow cloth event. I know tennis has different surfaces but I don't watch that so I don't know what surface makes a difference, but I've seen some players like Robbo say quick clothes aid in splitting the pack and evens out the break building.

It might be a nice way for the best of seven events to separate themselves in some way, as it looks like snooker in the UK will have short formats as a default for newer events.

I think this is a very interesting idea!

thing is that happens and players moan about it.

ok its not a official thing but conditions veary and i like to see how players react to different problems...