Post a reply

Re: Ding Accepts Disciplinary Charge

Postby Wildey

seriously anyone who thinks what ding did was right are clueless morons and trying to compare that to some players maybe not giving every shot 100% concentration is just proving how clueless people are.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:So many double standards here rofl

how ???

believe me ill be reporting every bucking player that does it and if they not getting the same tratment ill be making a stink <ok>

Postby Bourne

You're basically saying that opening a pack of reds is the only definition of a disgrace to the sport. You think you're able to define every shot when a player is trying 100% or a 'corrupt' 99.9999%. You clown.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:You're basically saying that opening a pack of reds is the only definition of a disgrace to the sport. You think you're able to define every shot when a player is trying 100% or a 'corrupt' 99.9999%. You clown.

your the clown not knowing the difference by what ding did blatantly and not trying...

your a 100% idiot mate look in a mirror you might just see a red nose and a funny hat <doh>

Postby Bourne

It's like the PL fining Wolves and Blackpool for fielding 'weakened' teams, who the buck are they to say what's a weakened team ? Just like who the buck are these clowns to say Ding was able to 'try his best', even while ill ? It's a shocking call and actually it's the timing that gets me more, Ding really does have a case against them now.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:seriously anyone who thinks what ding did was right are clueless morons and trying to compare that to some players maybe not giving every shot 100% concentration is just proving how clueless people are.

if saint selby did the same i doubt you would be as hard line

:hatoff: :boo:

Postby SnookerFan

It's just nonsense though. I mean, Bourne's right. Is somebody supposed to be there judging whether a player plays 100% on every shot? That reeks of dictatorship. "You will play in a certain way, you won't play shots we don't like." Maybe Hearn could employ a second referee to stand there and judge whether each shot was played 100% Image Nobody was complaining when Ronnie all but stopped trying to win against Bingham, on live TV at the second most prestigious tournament of the year, did they? That's alright, as he's a troubled genius.

The guy was ill, ffs, and travelled to Europe to play anyway. That's not a player who doesn't give a monkeys about the sport. When you have flu, you can't concentrate to full efficiency, and when playing a game like snooker that requires full concentration, it can be easy to see how he would lose patience or act more recklessly then usual.

Who of us was aware that there was a rule governing that if you have the flu, you have to announce it to World Snooker? Put up your hand if you were aware of it before reading this article. He played when ill, he didn't play or try to his best granted, but should at least be commended from going over there and playing for the fans who had paid to see him. (Ronnie Image ) Chances are Ding didn't know he had to report having the flu either. World Snooker just added that disclaimer that he didn't report it, so they didn't look stupid.

I think a bit of common sense needs to be applied here. I don't remember people moaning about this month's ago when it happened. But suddenly, somebody who put it up on You Tube, and moans about it and Ding gets fined months after it happens. It's a knee-jerk reaction. Ding isn't known as a crooked player. If they have to enforce this farce of a rule, he could have at least had it explained to him that this isn't what was expected of him. And, next time could he report any illnesses that might hamper his performance or decision making. If he becomes a repeat offender, then other action will be considered. But no, people were complaining, so we need to make an example of somebody. So we fine Ding £2,000.

Postby Bourne

Not even a month, this was back sometime in the Autumn, yet they leave it till 4 days before the biggest tournament on the planet - not so much the fine itself, he can afford that, but the damage to his reputation. We know he's not exactly been the mentally stablest in the past, but now he's going to feel under pressure every shot to have to please the grassy runts that will dob him in if he has a hair out of place

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Not even a month, this was back sometime in the Autumn, yet they leave it till 4 days before the biggest tournament on the planet - not so much the fine itself, he can afford that, but the damage to his reputation. We know he's not exactly been the mentally stablest in the past, but now he's going to feel under pressure every shot to have to please the grassy runts that will dob him in if he has a hair out of place

I meant to say months, not a month. I editted it straight away, but you were too quick. <laugh>

Yes, his head does drop when he is put under pressure at times, that one of his weaknesses. It's one thing that needs to be addressed in his game. I'm not sure that's the same thing as what we're discussing here. Though, does this mean every time it happens, he'll get fined for not playing up to his usual high standard. :roll:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:seriously anyone who thinks what ding did was right are clueless morons and trying to compare that to some players maybe not giving every shot 100% concentration is just proving how clueless people are.

if saint selby did the same i doubt you would be as hard line

:hatoff: :boo:

buck selby if my mum did it id be the same. in a match against Ding in the PTC Hendry conceded with about 3 reds down lets fine him lets fine the bucking lot.

i want 100% commitment on every shot im not naive to know thats never going to happen but Dings shot was 0% commitment theres a world of difference and im flabbergasted how thick bourne is on this matter.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Exactly, they've set a precedent now, but I guarantee you they will in no way keep it up.

you want a bet.

i wont let them drop bellow that standard if they do ill be on them like a tone of bricks.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:It's just nonsense though. I mean, Bourne's right. Is somebody supposed to be there judging whether a player plays 100% on every shot? That reeks of dictatorship. "You will play in a certain way, you won't play shots we don't like." Maybe Hearn could employ a second referee to stand there and judge whether each shot was played 100% Image Nobody was complaining when Ronnie all but stopped trying to win against Bingham, on live TV at the second most prestigious tournament of the year, did they? That's alright, as he's a troubled genius.

The guy was ill, ffs, and travelled to Europe to play anyway. That's not a player who doesn't give a monkeys about the sport. When you have flu, you can't concentrate to full efficiency, and when playing a game like snooker that requires full concentration, it can be easy to see how he would lose patience or act more recklessly then usual.

Who of us was aware that there was a rule governing that if you have the flu, you have to announce it to World Snooker? Put up your hand if you were aware of it before reading this article. He played when ill, he didn't play or try to his best granted, but should at least be commended from going over there and playing for the fans who had paid to see him. (Ronnie Image ) Chances are Ding didn't know he had to report having the flu either. World Snooker just added that disclaimer that he didn't report it, so they didn't look stupid.

I think a bit of common sense needs to be applied here. I don't remember people moaning about this month's ago when it happened. But suddenly, somebody who put it up on You Tube, and moans about it and Ding gets fined months after it happens. It's a knee-jerk reaction. Ding isn't known as a crooked player. If they have to enforce this farce of a rule, he could have at least had it explained to him that this isn't what was expected of him. And, next time could he report any illnesses that might hamper his performance or decision making. If he becomes a repeat offender, then other action will be considered. But no, people were complaining, so we need to make an example of somebody. So we fine Ding £2,000.

seriously you and bourne should share a flat somewhere between lala land and doolallyville.

Dings shot was blatant im going to lose not even Quinten hann was that blatant at least he hit it hard enough in a attempt to pot a ball even get the cueball to balk. ding did neither it was played with stun to leave the balls spread and the cueball in the middle of the balls ready for a frame winning break for Wenbo.

in 30 years of watching snooker the most blatent i want to lose shot ive ever seen..

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Exactly, they've set a precedent now, but I guarantee you they will in no way keep it up.

you want a bet.

i wont let them drop bellow that standard if they do ill be on them like a tone of bricks.

Yes I do, i'll bet every penny I owe if you like.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

you want a bet.

Yes I do, i'll bet every penny I owe if you like.

to be honest theres only been about 5 or 6 shots since ive watched snooker to compare it with so its hardly going to be something thats going to happen often.

Postby Roland

So after Seifer we now have another member of the ISP - the Internet Snooker Police.

I wouldn't expect the concept of a foreign player growing up in an entirely different culture with a different set of values and a different life experience to be understood by someone who has spent their life locked in a shed in North Wales putting the world to rights from a very narrow viewpoint.

Ding has been hard done by in my opinion. If it was someone from Britain then it would be a different story because they would have grown up knowing the score. I feel sorry for Ding, especially with having pin ends grassing him up to the authorities.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:seriously you and bourne should share a flat somewhere between lala land and doolallyville.

Dings shot was blatant im going to lose not even Quinten hann was that blatant at least he hit it hard enough in a attempt to pot a ball even get the cueball to balk. ding did neither it was played with stun to leave the balls spread and the cueball in the middle of the balls ready for a frame winning break for Wenbo.

in 30 years of watching snooker the most blatent i want to lose shot ive ever seen..

Bourne would annoy me with constant Judd Trump love-ins. rofl

What really is more annoying for me is this. If they said; "We're fining him for a reckless shot", then fine. As you say, people conceeding frames when there is still enough points on the table to win, or people getting frustrated and doing what Ding did, I don't really have a problem.

What I seem to have a problem with, is they are fining him for 'not playing up to his usual high standards'. Or at least that is what they are claiming. That's what I think is wrong. If anything, I think they are pussy footing around the issue. On 3-0 down, he got frustrated and did a shot he knew would leave his opponent in. Whether that flu related, or Ding being a idiot related, it doesn't matter. If they came out and said; "We believe he lost his temper, and did a reckless shot that he knew could and would give his opponent a chance to win. We're fining him £2,000 as we don't want to see that." I'd actually have less of a problem.

By their own admission, though, he's being fined for not reporting that he was ill, and not playing to a high standard. If that's the case, then it is a bull, in my eyes.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:So after Seifer we now have another member of the ISP - the Internet Snooker Police.

I wouldn't expect the concept of a foreign player growing up in an entirely different culture with a different set of values and a different life experience to be understood by someone who has spent their life locked in a shed in North Wales putting the world to rights from a very narrow viewpoint.

Ding has been hard done by in my opinion. If it was someone from Britain then it would be a different story because they would have grown up knowing the score. I feel sorry for Ding, especially with having pin ends grassing him up to the authorities.

YES he has been hard done by

that doesn't mean what he did is acceptable because its bucking not and yet pin ends on here trying to justify it.

can i ask a question what should have been done to someone caught red handed trying to lose a snooker match ?

jesus christ the idiocy on here holds no bounds <doh>

Postby Bourne

If he tried to lose the match he'd have either not turned up or quit halfway through, but he persisted because he's not in any way like that and didn't want to let down the fans who wanted to see him. He was unable to perform his best, and 3-0 down of course it's a hell of a climb but ten times worse when you're not feeling right. These 'anti corruption' guys had a duty to look for the balance but have spectacularly missed it.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:If he tried to lose the match he'd have either not turned up or quit halfway through, but he persisted because he's not in any way like that and didn't want to let down the fans who wanted to see him. He was unable to perform his best, and 3-0 down of course it's a hell of a climb but ten times worse when you're not feeling right. These 'anti corruption' guys had a duty to look for the balance but have spectacularly missed it.

illness is no excuse at all in what he did thats the most laughable part of the whole statement from WS. cant remember Paul Hunter doing that with Cancer despite feeling well bad in matches yes they cant perform to their best when ill that goes without saying but players cant be that blatant and get away with it.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:There was no guarantee Liang would have cleared up anyway :shrug:

that makes it alright then :roll:

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

Not in the grandest sense of the word but it's not as if he was 56-56 and feathered a black over the pocket at 3-3 ...

Postby Roland

He played how he was feeling. Nothing more than that. It LOOKED bad to those judging by a grainy youtube clip and an opinion without knowing the facts but that's all it takes these days it seems.

buck the ISP!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

Not in the grandest sense of the word but it's not as if he was 56-56 and feathered a black over the pocket at 3-3 ...

anyway im pleased WS Has taken the stance they have the fine was severe to the crime and i have no doubt they have used Ding as a warning and made the scapegoat but its a warning to others.

i dont think WS Would have brought up the case based on youtube alone the ref must have reported it and ding was unlucky there was video evidence to look at.

had there not been the video he might have got away with it but thats beside the point.

what he did in that match was wrong no getting away from that.

Postby Roland

It was wrong to play how he was feeling? Why is it wrong to smash the reds up from the break off? Can you tell me that? It's tactically not the correct shot to play, but why is it wrong exactly? I thought it was a legal shot.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It was wrong to play how he was feeling? Why is it wrong to smash the reds up from the break off? Can you tell me that? It's tactically not the correct shot to play, but why is it wrong exactly? I thought it was a legal shot.

you know what you have a very good way to make something wrong look right <laugh> <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:It was wrong to play how he was feeling? Why is it wrong to smash the reds up from the break off? Can you tell me that? It's tactically not the correct shot to play, but why is it wrong exactly? I thought it was a legal shot.

This is the dilemma. Where do you stop? This sort of short tends to annoy fans, granted. But some fans are against Peter Ebdon's slow play tactics. Do we fine Ebdon every time he plays a shot slowly? The players have to have the right to choose which shot to make, that's the point.

As fans, we have the right to not like, not support or not pay to see players if we disapprove of their shot selections. I don't support Ronnie, because he goes through whole matches of not looking like he is trying. (Amongst many other criticisms I have of him). I don't think we can fine him, or anybody else, for individual shot selection though, however stupid they are. They play a bad shot, their opponent punishes them. That's what snooker is.

It doesn't mean I neccessarily approve of players getting snake hissed and doing stupid shots. Or defend them. And I can understand the frustration of some fans. But, it's subjective. Each player decides which shot to make, so fining them for it, seems weird somehow. If Ding had walked out of the match before it was over, or deliberately lost for money, that's something else.

Postby Roland

It sounds like he turned up hoping to win and then realised how rubbish he felt and knew he was going to lose so he threw his arm at a few shots to see what would happen. It did give the impression of not taking the EPTC seriously but why would you travel all that way just to not try unless there was something wrong?

As someone else said, it puts Ebdon's declaration of possible poor form into perspective. We all thought he was nuts to do it but maybe we'll see more of this sort of thing?

I think in all sports you've got to be seen as trying to win, and if not then entertaining the crowd by going for shots that probably won't come off but which will look good if they do. I don't see how you can make someone try hard if they don't feel up for it though. It's a dangerous precident fining Ding for smashing into the reds from the break off. If he'd conceded at that point then yes, but he didn't.