Post a reply

Re: Ding Accepts Disciplinary Charge

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:ding was fined not because of his shot selection but because he didnt report to the authorities before the match he was ill

rofl rofl rofl rofl

that line is actually bloody true but looks so bucking stupid.

not enough he puked his guts out he got fined for not pre warning TD he was going to :? rofl rofl

Postby Bourne

jojo wrote:where does it say anything about trial on youtube ? it doesnt on your original post nor snookerfans post

Have you seen the clip ?

Postby Wildey

Ding Junhui has been fined £2,000 after failing to report that he was suffering from illness before playing a match in Germany which he lost 4-0.

Ill tell you what World Snooker press officer is a imbociele.

so had he played that match right and won 4-3 on the black he would be fined for "not reporting he was ill" <doh>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Ding Junhui has been fined £2,000 after failing to report that he was suffering from illness before playing a match in Germany which he lost 4-0.

Ill tell you what World Snooker press officer is a imbociele.

so had he played that match right and won 4-3 on the black he would be fined for "not reporting he was ill" <doh>

Exactly another example of what a ludricously un-watertight decision this is.

Postby Wildey

i knew what the fine was all about but now ive read the articles again he got fined for not telling he was ill which is a farcical way of trying to explain what had happened.

Postby jojo

apologies people just been scanning the whole thread again as it turns out i missed out page two where moniques utube clip is so yes ive only just seen it no wonder i was confused ha

yes the break off shot was wrong but as bourne says where do you draw the line ? it up to the players what shots they want to play

just look at it hypothetically

say if ding didnt own up to feeling ill before the match what would the authorities have done then ? made allegations of match fixing against him because of his break off shot ?

if that the case again i bring in ronnie o sullivan at the uk who from 6-6 against bingham did everything he could to lose any idiot could see that so why doesnt hearn and his lapdogs investigate that match ?

ho no they wont because its ronnie o sullivan you see

either way its complete and utter bullocks again full of contradiction just picking on the peasent and letting the big fish go free turning a blind eye when it suits them

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:apologies people just been scanning the whole thread again as it turns out i missed out page two where moniques utube clip is so yes ive only just seen it no wonder i was confused ha

yes the break off shot was wrong but as bourne says where do you draw the line ? it up to the players what shots they want to play

just look at it hypothetically

say if ding didnt own up to feeling ill before the match what would the authorities have done then ? made allegations of match fixing against him because of his break off shot ?

if that the case again i bring in ronnie o sullivan at the uk who from 6-6 against bingham did everything he could to lose any idiot could see that so why doesnt hearn and his lapdogs investigate that match ?

ho no they wont because its ronnie o sullivan you see

either way its complete and utter bullocks again full of contradiction just picking on the peasent and letting the big fish go free turning a blind eye when it suits them

mate no wander you got confused and just because of the inept way they have released press statement im taking back everything ive said.

WS Get your own house in order first with a few sackings then there might be credability in things thats being done.

Postby jojo

i wonder who the snitch is that grassed up ding to the tournament officials

maybe someone should grass ronnie up for his shenanigans against bingham in the second biggest tournament of them all live on terrestrial tv with millions watching and another fair few watching in the actual arena

or maybe hearn and his disciplinary committee lapdogs should take some initiative and investigate that bingham match without the need of someone having to grass ronnie up

the whole thing defies belief

im annoyed with two parties here one the saddo grasser the other the games authourities ie hearn and his clan

believe me they would not have taken this action had the internet snitch grassed up o sullivan or higgins if theyd been in that position instead of ding

Postby jojo

im not a grass never have been and never will be but to make a point i feel like emailing the snooker authorities reporting ronnie o sullivans performance at the uk against bingham

then see if hearn and his disciplinary committee anti corruption unit lapdogs investigate ronnies match and come up with the conclusion that he didnt compete properly and he didn’t perform to his usual high standards

what will happen next ? they will have to either punish ronnie severely more than ding as ronnie threw the match away

or at the very least if ronnie says he had mitigating circumstances as to why he couldnt perform from 6-4 up losing five frames in a row in the disgusting manner that he did do then they should at least fine ronnie like they did ding and make it known public

as im not a grass maybe i should ask wild to do it ha

they will just brush it under the carpet because its ronnie but as its the spineless easy to pick on foreign lad the nice kid who doesnt say a lot therefore wont be able to defend himself and will just accept the punishment heres an opportunity to show the snooker world we rule we kick ass cross us at your peril

bucking bullocks of the highest order

Postby Iranu

Only read the first page so the discussion may well have moved on since but I have to agree with Wild on this one, or at least one of his points. There is a definite difference between not trying very hard to win and actively trying to lose. Smashing the reds open from the break is different to not putting all your effort into a pot. If you don't concentrate fully on a pot there's still a chance you'll get it, and at least you're still going for the shot, but breaking off like Ding did was an undisguised attempt to hand Wenbo the frame. Pretty idiotic thing to do and you can bet he wouldn't do it in front of TV cameras.

That doesn't mean to say I agree with the punsishment, however (nor what it was given for). I'm reserving judgement on that one.

Postby SnookerFan

buck sake. I have typed out a long response to this twice, and the internet at work has crashed as I've posted. I'm wasting good work time here. :grrr: I'll try and condense what I said before.

If World Snooker punished him for making the break-off shot, that is what should have been announced. That is what was originally complained about, if what I've understood is correct. But instead they've announced that they fined him for not reporting that he was ill. That's a stupid punishment. And it sets a dangerous precedent. Are all players supposed to come into Barry's office the day before a match and give a detailed analysis of how they think they'll perform? Or any distractions in their life that might put them off? Of course not.

If World Snooker believed there was intent to fix matches (which I don't believe Ding had) then they have to check it out. And they have to be shown to take it seriously, and be neutral. No matter how popular or successful the player.

Personally, I think this could lead to be a PR disaster. We can only go by the version of events World Snooker have presented. And that has nothing to do with any controversial break-off shots. Instead, it has led to fans being a tad confused what Ding was punished for. And what about the players? Are they thinking that they can't play badly now without being punished?

Farce.

Postby medanum6298

sundaygirl wrote:I think that next season all matches played for ranking points need to be filmed even if it is just a single overhead shot. If all players shots are being recorded it is fair to everyone.

I also think so.

Postby SnookerFan

medanum6298 wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:I think that next season all matches played for ranking points need to be filmed even if it is just a single overhead shot. If all players shots are being recorded it is fair to everyone.

I also think so.

:welcome: