2. I hope he introduces new, exciting formats. How about an open draw FA Cup style tournament with all 64 players? A World Matchplay competition where you must win by at least 2 frames (but limit how long it can go on for, like a sudden death set at the World Darts Championship, otherwise it could become a bit farcical)? A European Championship ranking tournament, held at a different venue in Mainland Europe each season? A tournament with a sets format (each set best of 5 frames)? A propper shot clock tournament? A 6-reds World Championship with added prestige attached? All avenues to be checked out.
3. I'd love to see snooker being played all over the world. Keep the 15-ranking events a year idea, in far-flung destinations that WILL fill out (unlike Bahrain).
4. A lengthened UK Championship. Best of 17 for the first three rounds, Best of 25 semi-finals and a best of 31 final.
5. Packed out venues, with fans that are knowledgable, respectful but by no means snobby.
6. Increased prize money, these guys provide so much entertainment for us in such a skilled game, they deserve their just rewards.
7. Good sponsorship for each tournament. Pukka Pies was a slightly embarassing sponsor for the second biggest tournament I'm afraid to say.
8. I hope the Star tables stay. The UK Championship was the best tournament I've seen for ages, and the tables had a big part to play. It was getting very tedious knowing that just about every shot was going to go in...the tension had gone.
9. A World Championship that gets people all over the country excited. Dramatic late night finishes, devestating performances from the top players and above all, high quality potting, breakbuilding and safety.
10. Clive Everton back as the main commentator.
11. That all forum users can at least try to get along and we return to genuine snooker debate.
12. A streamlined tour. 48 players on a 'Premier Tour', 48 on a Championship tour, and a young players tour. Bottom 6 on the premier tour to go down automatically, with the top 3 in both feeder tours promoted automatically. Players ranked 39th through 42nd to join the 5th and 6th ranked player on both feeder tournaments in a league competition to decide the final 2 tour spots.
13. That players will express their personalities more
14. That I can go the World Championship
- Posts: 5009
- Joined: 02 October 2009
- Location: Ireland
- Snooker Idol: Ronnie OSullivan
- Highest Break: 49