Post a reply

Re: live rankings update during world championships

Postby The Cueist

Wild wrote:if Ding beats Bingham Stephen Hendry will be retiring as a Top 16 player if that what he will decide to do.

If Bingham does Ding which is a possibility the way it is going,Hendry will still be playing next year as part of the top 16. ;-)

I hope Hendry can find some inner reserve and at least compete with Selby in their match. :sad:

Postby Wildey

The Cueist wrote:
Wild wrote:if Ding beats Bingham Stephen Hendry will be retiring as a Top 16 player if that what he will decide to do.

If Bingham does Ding which is a possibility the way it is going,Hendry will still be playing next year as part of the top 16. ;-)

I hope Hendry can find some inner reserve and at least compete with Selby in their match. :sad:

i just wish he would give it one good season playing and comiting to the PTC to see how things will go.

i still think he has a good enough game to beat 80 % of the players so if he would just commit he could turn it around.

Selby though was awesome in the balls yesterday.

Postby randam05

May I ask how higgins isnt no.1 ? Hes won a PTC, final of another, won the UK with massive points, won the welsh, and won various other matches including one in germany, and looking like two here. Yet even if he wins apparentley he wont be no.1?

Not that I care really, its just suprising how ding and selby above him? I know theyve been consistent, but neither have won a ranking title. Maybe selby as hes reached two finals and a few other matches.

Postby jojo

updated after all 2nd round matches complete

apologies been away due to unforeseen circumstances personal stuff so not been able to be on here last few days therefore not been able to keep updating this thread after every match

however look like im over the worst of it so here i am back now it all updated all 2nd round matches complete

big news is stephen hendry secures top sixteen place for start of next season if he doesnt retire bingham would have taken that place if he beat ding however he lost

other than that buck all to report really so it all carry on as normal

Postby Bourne

jojo what was the lowest Judd was ranked this season and if he wins and other results go his way, where is the highest he can be ranked this time next week ?

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Williams guaranteed #1 :hatoff:

like thatll mean jack rubbish to him if he doesnt go on to win it now.

the number 1 ranking was always far less important than the WC and even more so now in this new era where theres ranking points being dished out left right and centre

Postby Witz78

jojo wrote:personally i think the pct events should have less ranking points offered than they have now that would be a lot fairer

nah the PTCs are fine compared to the bog standard rankers

its the UK and WC points compared to the bog standard rankers that need to be raised to have more significance as these 2 events are supposed to be the most important and prestigious.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
jojo wrote:personally i think the pct events should have less ranking points offered than they have now that would be a lot fairer

nah the PTCs are fine compared to the bog standard rankers

its the UK and WC points compared to the bog standard rankers that need to be raised to have more significance as these 2 events are supposed to be the most important and prestigious.

i think the PTC are fine awell

having Germany and Wales lower has been wrong

PTC = 2000
PTC Finals 5,000
Rankers= 7,000
UK= 10000
World 12,000

The PTC Finals should be top 32 not top 24 and have a higher ranking tariff so that playing in the PTC is essential for players rankings.