Post a reply

Re: World Championship Build Up

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Stock up on booze, spend hours looking at betting odds and variations on accys etc, formulate a plan of take-aways to have on which day, work out at what time I will take some exercise and/or play some pool or darts in between viewing.........

The main thing is plenty of stocks of booze and snacks and planning the take-aways so that there is great variation. :hatoff:

I'm intrigued by this. Do you really plan the takeaways for every day. Even in my most forward planning mode I might think; "No plans tomorrow, so I'll order a pizza in and treat myself." You were saying though you have a differet takeaway every day, making sure you have the cash?. Do you plan the whole week, and have some kind of rota? Or do you just decide on five or six you like in advance and tick them off a list?

I really do like take-aways :-)

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Me and jade last year went down Morrisons with say a 10er each and bought lots of junk food such as super noodles, sweets and chocolate, pringles, dips, fizzy drinks, pasta, tinned food, breadsticks and so on, the evening before it starts. So then when its on we have LOTS of nibbles to munch on through the matches. PERFECT! So I think we may just do it again this year then settle in for a snooker DVD all ready for the saturday!

:D :D

Mate, I am consuming lots of snacks and beverages this year. I'll probably spend far too many tenners as well. :-(

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:Me and jade last year went down Morrisons with say a 10er each and bought lots of junk food such as super noodles, sweets and chocolate, pringles, dips, fizzy drinks, pasta, tinned food, breadsticks and so on, the evening before it starts. So then when its on we have LOTS of nibbles to munch on through the matches. PERFECT! So I think we may just do it again this year then settle in for a snooker DVD all ready for the saturday!

Mate, I am consuming lots of snacks and beverages this year. I'll probably spend far too many tenners as well. :-(

I'm not gonna overdo the alcohol but its lovely on an evening session to have several really cold drinks with snacks......... :D :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I'm not gonna overdo the alcohol but its lovely on an evening session to have several really cold drinks with snacks......... :D :hatoff:

I've been on alcohol avoidance for the last couple of weeks, since I spent half my paycheque on a night out. <laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

My nickname is 'Marga' these days. I am lucky in that I don't like meat, bread, or cake. I like dark chocolate(85%).

I like my spirits though, although I never drink Everclear! <cool>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I don't do anything before but I usually watch loads of old stuff on YouTube after the tournament is over. The same after the Darts world championships.

Meat is Murder was the worst Smiths album btw.

Postby Wildey

what i do is quite simple count the days,hours and minutes until it starts <ok>

Postby Roland

Apparently Hendry has made 10% of all Crucible century breaks!