Post a reply

Re: ive brought the graeme dott book

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:He also said that Selby is the most negative player in the top 16!

bullocks! I suppose you tore into him for that one <laugh>

Postby Roland

He initially said don't worry about sending him the transcript but I've just heard he's changed his mind, but I don't think he'll change anything when he sees it.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:He initially said don't worry about sending him the transcript but I've just heard he's changed his mind, but I don't think he'll change anything when he sees it.

I cant wait, no delays please Sonny this time. Pull out all the stops, wanna hear this daddy of an interview :-D :-D :-D :-D

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:He initially said don't worry about sending him the transcript but I've just heard he's changed his mind, but I don't think he'll change anything when he sees it.

I cant wait, no delays please Sonny this time. Pull out all the stops, wanna hear this daddy of an interview :-D :-D :-D :-D

Yeah, I'm a bit of a Dott fan and REALLY looking forward to this one. By far the most interesting character in the top 16 IMO... :hatoff:

Postby snooky147

Alex0paul WC wrote:Wee man :hatoff:

You going to Sheffield Alex?.Get the book signed.?

I got my copy a few weeks ago, signed of course.

Postby Alex0paul

snooky147 wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:Wee man :hatoff:

You going to Sheffield Alex?.Get the book signed.?

I got my copy a few weeks ago, signed of course.

Na not this unless Dott goes semis or final as I don't get paid until the 26th :grrr:

Will definitely get it signed in the future though.

Postby jojo

when you going to put the transcript on here pal ? i want to read it and anything in the interview that not been mentioned in the book i will be able to put on here

Postby Roland

the transcript will be sent to him and his uncle and the first you will see of it will be the finished version on the blog next week :santa:

Postby jojo

i know im not supposed to say too much because of sonnys private messagin to me ie putting stuff on here directly from the book the publishers may not be too happy i can understand and respect that

the more i been reading about dott im sorry i have to say this he coming across as a bitter and twisted bastard moaning about anything and everything about anyone and everyone a familiar pattern emerging you just know hes going to criticise people and try and big himself up he always trying to tell everyone me me me why doesnt anyone notice im a great player selby slow mcculloch slow greame dott not slow he great

obviously im pleased his wife recovered and am saddened about his father in law i wish him and his family well and i know dott has had a tough up bringing is a fighther had to fight all the way from childhood to survive but he is one bitter and twisted bucker who up his own bottom quite a lot

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:i know im not supposed to say too much because of sonnys private messagin to me ie putting stuff on here directly from the book the publishers may not be too happy i can understand and respect that

the more i been reading about dott im sorry i have to say this he coming across as a bitter and twisted bastard moaning about anything and everything about anyone and everyone a familiar pattern emerging you just know hes going to criticise people and try and big himself up he always trying to tell everyone me me me why doesnt anyone notice im a great player selby slow mcculloch slow greame dott not slow he great

obviously im pleased his wife recovered and am saddened about his father in law i wish him and his family well and i know dott has had a tough up bringing is a fighther had to fight all the way from childhood to survive but he is one bitter and twisted bucker who up his own bottom quite a lot

:hatoff:

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:gj have you brought the book ?

no but reading your views and listening to dott interviews you have it spot on

he is always negative and has a huge chip on his shoulder

:john:

Postby jojo

i agree with you pal and am glad you agree with me im glad someone else can see what im seeing and not scared to say it people saying greame dott a lovely guy of course i havent met him in private but from what i been reading he doesnt come across as a complimentary guy toward other players and people

just a few people hes had a serious pop at are willie thorne all the commentators bar neal foulds slating the seventies players saying the standard was so low nothing like today having a pop at selby mcculloch hann ronnie the chinese tournament organisers for not putting him on a tv table and ive only read three chapters ha

Postby jojo

i hope sonny doesnt come along and delete these posts out of respect i wont mention stuff from the book on here anymore after sonnys private messaging just in case anyone wondering why ive not been posting about the book on here lately

Postby Roland

I think there's a lot of self depreciating humour in Dotty that is lost in translation sometimes. He is a bit of a grumpy bastard like me and he likes to moan about things but he is fair with it I think.

I'm not trying to censor you jojo, you've bought the book and have an opinion on it and you're entitled to your opinion even if you say it in your own unique no bull way. If you look back somewhere to when I was reading it I too was wanting to tell everyone about it and talk about it, that's because it's a good book and Dotty is very opinionated. It's just we can't basically reprint the book on the forum because then some people may think they don't need to buy the book now because they already know the best bits. Also in doing an interview with the man himself and talking about things in the book I have my own reasons for not wanting all the spoilers on the forum. :santa:

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

jojo wrote:
just a few people hes had a serious pop at are willie thorne all the commentators

Well Willie Thorne and John Virgo are fair targets since they won very little in the game . Thorne especially bigs himself up like he was a mutiple winner of titles when in fact he only won one ranker

Postby Bourne

In truth he does know shitloads about the game and calls the shot beforehand 9 times out of 10 :hatoff:

Postby jojo

i like thorne as a commentator he very educative about the game of snooker when he speaks you always learn a lot from him he analyses critically every shot instead of being descriptive

i agree he was never close to being a great player his record or lack of it is testament to that but dott been having a dig at quite a few people ive never met him im sure those that have and know hm personally will tell you hes a great guy

but in his book everything is his account no misprints from journalists no losses in translation no rumours everything purely from his point of view straight from the horses mouth and hes had a right go at a few people pros ex pros tournament organisers commentators media and hes always trying to sell himself ie trying to telly everyone how good he is

Postby Smart

Well jojo I personally dislike Thorne for the way he talks about players plying their trade when he was nothing but an also ran when he played the game. He talks as if he would be taking on the "right shot" or the "attacking option". Its not reality, its cringeworthy - and I prefer just about anyone other than him. Taylor is just an embarrasment, Virgo I prefer simply cos he adds some humour and changes up his voice to give us his catchphrases.

Everton is the Don. :bowdown:

Postby jojo

thing is pal if you critically analysing every shot which is what thorne does instead of being descriptive ie stating the obvious thats two reds two blacks break goes to sixteen you gonna sound a bit pompous ie you looking down on people criticizing them

thorne is my favourite commentator however anyone with half a brain cell will know he was never even close to being a great player

i do agree about dennis taylor that man is utter useless he talking about golf and some pretty women from the crowd or michaela tabb when she not even pretty the man goes on about the most irrelevant stuff when he commentating just waffling on about rubbish thats irrelevant

notice how taylor always speaks too soon ie he say oh no hes not on a red here theyre all covered when its obvious theres clearly about three pottable reds then hell say no in fact hes got a red on no better than that hes got a couple of reds on so this is a great chance

then hell go on about people like robertson and neighbours and heaven knows what else the mans a nuisance

Postby GJ

jojo

taylor is clueless at least thorne tries to educate fans while taylor goes on about off topic BS <doh>

Postby Roland

jojo wrote:thing is pal if you critically analysing every shot which is what thorne does instead of being descriptive ie stating the obvious thats two reds two blacks break goes to sixteen you gonna sound a bit pompous ie you looking down on people criticizing them

thorne is my favourite commentator however anyone with half a brain cell will know he was never even close to being a great player

i do agree about dennis taylor that man is utter useless he talking about golf and some pretty women from the crowd or michaela tabb when she not even pretty the man goes on about the most irrelevant stuff when he commentating just waffling on about rubbish thats irrelevant

notice how taylor always speaks too soon ie he say oh no hes not on a red here theyre all covered when its obvious theres clearly about three pottable reds then hell say no in fact hes got a red on no better than that hes got a couple of reds on so this is a great chance

then hell go on about people like robertson and neighbours and heaven knows what else the mans a nuisance

rofl

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

GJ wrote:jojo

taylor is clueless at least thorne tries to educate fans while taylor goes on about off topic BS <doh>

If you've been watching snooker as long as I have thn we don't need educating . I'm old enough to remember Thorne's season highlight was always getting to the World Quarter-Final

Not keen on most of the commentators . Taylor I agree spouts off topic nonsense , Griffiths needs to learn English , Virgo sattes the blindingly obvious " Oh where's the white going ? " About 16 inches from the corner pocket John

Everton is a commentator god :bowdown:

Postby Roland

Griff and Foulds are my favourite two on the BBC apart from Clive obviously. I've heard McManus and Phil Yates have joined Eurosport. Hopefully that means Mike Smith the former DJ and helicopter crasher has been moved on to something else that he vaguely knows about.