Post a reply

Li Hang

Postby SnookerFan

Another topic about a young Chinese lad... :D

Though I didn't see any of him at the China Open, he certainly made a case for the wildcards being there at these tournaments. He knocked out Ken Doherty, Graeme Dott and pushed Shaun Murphy close 5-4. I know most people probably were at work, but did anybody get a chance to see him play? Beating Ken-Do is one thing, as he has slipped down the rankings a bit and isn't what he once was.

But Dott? And to run Murphy, one of the world's top players at the moment that close.... :shock: He can't be a mug. Anybody who did see him play, what did you think? He can obviously play, and it seems astounding to me with those results that he has dropped off the main tour.

It says something about the quality of players these days if so-called journeymen are on the main tour, and a kid who can beat such names as those isn't.

Re: Li Hang

Postby GJ

instead of starting lots of other thread could you respondto a comment i made on an earlier thread of yours

cheers

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:instead of starting lots of other thread could you respondto a comment i made on an earlier thread of yours

cheers

I have responded you annoying Australian hobo... :grrr: Last time I do you a favour.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Matt_2745

Have been following Li Hang for 2-3 years.

He was unlucky to drop off the tour last season but remember there were only six events then and having had to miss Shanghai due to visa issues, it made life even harder for him. He had a great debut season and won his opening match at all the events except the Worlds, losing 10-9 to Daniel Wells. Those two just lost their places at the worst time unfortunately, just prior to the PTC, otherwise I am sure they would be in the top 50 by now.

He also contested the IBSF U21 final this season which had he won would have got him back on tour, but now he'll have to perform in the Q School. Sure he'll be back at some point though.

Postby SnookerFan

Matt_2745 wrote:Have been following Li Hang for 2-3 years.

He was unlucky to drop off the tour last season but remember there were only six events then and having had to miss Shanghai due to visa issues, it made life even harder for him. He had a great debut season and won his opening match at all the events except the Worlds, losing 10-9 to Daniel Wells. Those two just lost their places at the worst time unfortunately, just prior to the PTC, otherwise I am sure they would be in the top 50 by now.

He also contested the IBSF U21 final this season which had he won would have got him back on tour, but now he'll have to perform in the Q School. Sure he'll be back at some point though.

He certainly seems a solid performer. His inclusion in the China Open was impressive, and I am sure the experience will have helped him no end.

Postby Roland

Dotty was impressed by him

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Dotty was impressed by him

Well he was hardly going to say; "This kid who beat me was a bit mediocre", was he? <laugh>