Post a reply

Re: Mark Allen battling depression

Postby nice_shoes_ken

kostasmad sorry for being boring but why you slating him for.

You can think all you like, but if he has got it and not playing it or basically attention seeking then he should get all the support surely, even if you like him or not. Like I said terrible upsetting thing to have, as part of my family had it.

Not funny sorry for being dull, but needed to get that out of my system don't take offence :-)

Postby kostasmad

No offence taken.

I know the clinical case of depression and if one of the people in your family had it, then you know it as well. Its not something you say cause its not something you admit you have. As simple as that.

For me is very weird to take something like this in public. Had the same idea with Dott. Depression is not something that passes easily and it takes many years to overcome. If you make some wins and laugh like a donkey then you were never depressed. You were just feeling down...

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Everyone has different opinions though, many sports people have come out with it as Yardy was just a week ago now. Don't know what the case with Mark is, can affect you in different ways some bad some not so bad. I have to admit from past tournaments he always seems to enjoy himself when playing Snooker, but suddenly he announces this. Allen is my favourite player, so I wish him all the best of course he has a kid and say's it is kind of down to that. I wish him the best though horrible thing to have though, so hope it doesn't get to the bad stages.

Postby Roland

Absolutely nsk - we all want to see Allen enjoying himself and playing good snooker because he is great to watch.

Postby Tubberlad

Tell us what you really think Kostas <laugh>

I don't agree that people who say they have Depression don't have it, that's silly, but I think the main reason people don't do it is because it still has a stigma attached to it, and people don't seem to equate mental health with physical health. Nobody with a pain in their back is told to go lifting cement blocks, but a lot of people still say 'get over yourself and cheer up' if they are not feeling well emotionally. Again, to me, that is wrong.

Anyway, Mark clearly has had happier times, and I hope he can overcome this. Of course he will.