Post a reply

Clive Everton

Postby SnookerFan

It struck me the other day, since Sir Clive stopped commentating as much, I don't actually know what he does behind the scenes. He's always still at all the big events, what does he actually do? What's his job?

This is a question asked out of interest, not out of malice. I was watching Eurosport, and I was thinking; "It'd be good if Clive Everton started working for Eurosport, wouldn't it?" It would never actually happen. Can you see Clive wanting to work in a studio, watching the snooker on a television and talking over it, when he could be involved at the arena, seeing the players? Wouldn't happen. But it got me to wonder, what it is he actually does. Because I don't know.

Re: Clive Everton

Postby Wildey

Clive was a journalist long before comentating or playing.

he is the editor and chief of snooker scene plus writing for the guardian

Postby Wildey

he also used to manage Jonah Barrington squash player and also played county-level tennis for Worcestershire.

fingers in all sort of pies...

he was Barry Hearn before Barry Hearn <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

I know he does Snooker Scene. But, is that pretty much it? He's just there as a journalist, in the same way that Monique is there as a photographer? I was under the impression he was still doing more then that.

But, to be honest it makes sense. The BBC have got rid of him due to their policy of thinking old people are rubbish, and he's been slagging off World Snooker for years. So who else is he going to be there for?

Postby randam05

Clive Everton :zzz:

His voice sounds like hes speaking from under his grave and his glasses are tea stained.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I know he does Snooker Scene. But, is that pretty much it? He's just there as a journalist, in the same way that Monique is there as a photographer? I was under the impression he was still doing more then that.

But, to be honest it makes sense. The BBC have got rid of him due to their policy of thinking old people are rubbish, and he's been slagging off World Snooker for years. So who else is he going to be there for?

he aint no spring chicken so he should be chilling out now IMO and you say "is that pretty much it" <laugh> :wave:

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:Clive Everton :zzz:

His voice sounds like hes speaking from under his grave and his glasses are tea stained.

wash your mouth out, he is the finest commentator there has ever been <cool>

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:Clive Everton :zzz:

By far and a way my favourite commentator. I don't know of a more knowledgable man in the game.

Postby Bourne

Clive is a snooker god, but I can't help but feel sorry for him after being given the gig in the Power Snooker <laugh> He was a lost bunny

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Clive is a snooker god, but I can't help but feel sorry for him after being given the gig in the Power Snooker <laugh> He was a lost bunny

Clive hated that. He wasn't feeling the power that day. :sad:

Postby Bourne

Duno at the time he sounded like he really wanted to enjoy it but he was so confused, it was really awkward :redneck:

Postby Roland

I love Clive

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Clive is a snooker god, but I can't help but feel sorry for him after being given the gig in the Power Snooker <laugh> He was a lost bunny

Clive hated that. He wasn't feeling the power that day. :sad:

Didn't he make some comment about the rules be devised by somebody who was sat on the toilet? <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

footygirl wrote:I have the utmost respect for Clive - he is a legend, brilliant commentator and journalist

He's one of the few people whose job you should not have.