Post a reply

Re: Great Match Reccomendations

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:And from lower down the pecking order, I seem to remember Ryan Day vs Dominic Dale from the 2008 Shanghai Masters final was a pretty decent match. Not of the standard of some of the all time classics mentioned, but pretty decent for a final of a minor tournament, featuring two people who you wouldn't necessarily have made favourites to reach the final.

2007 final i think, Walden won it on 08, Ronnie in 09 and Carter in 10

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:And from lower down the pecking order, I seem to remember Ryan Day vs Dominic Dale from the 2008 Shanghai Masters final was a pretty decent match. Not of the standard of some of the all time classics mentioned, but pretty decent for a final of a minor tournament, featuring two people who you wouldn't necessarily have made favourites to reach the final.

2007 final i think, Walden won it on 08, Ronnie in 09 and Carter in 10

That's what I meant. I mistyped, and didn't proof read. <laugh>

Postby jojo

2005 crucible match between ebdon and ronnie that was pure drama dirt filled contest thought they were going to have a fight live in front of the camera compelling stuff the break by ebdon 12 or whatever it was in five minutes or whatever it was i loved every second of that evening session

Postby randam05

Wild wrote:yes when people asks a question just give them a answer it was obviously a genuine question and instead of trying to help him some pass water taking was happening...

a forum should be educational and promoting a sport not just for fun and banter. <ok>

Yup! come on hes a kid who loves snooker, and not for a long time yet, so help him out! Im a pretty new snookerfan too so this is good for me! <ok>

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Simplysnooker, try to ignore the riff-raff on this thread. <laugh>

Coming up with more matches that I personally thought were good, without taking into account length or even whether you can get any footage of them, I have some more.

Stephen Hendry vs Peter Ebdon (believe it or not), World Final 2002.
Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Stephen Maguire, Masters first round 2008

And, of course, every snooker fan should see at least the ending of the 1985 Snooker final between Steve Davis vs Dennis Taylor. And, on this score, may I recommend this DVD;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Greatest-Snooke ... 321&sr=8-1

It shows the final frame of that epic final, along with the background to it. (With an explanation of what happened in the previous 34 frames.) The actual frame itself comes with commentary from Davis and Taylor themselves as well. Which is a nice touch.

I got that on DVD, its a good DVD! very interesting to watch :)

Postby randam05

Yes, I really enjoyed that match. Probably cause of the fact the legend that is dominic dale, came from 6-3 down to win 9 or 10-6 which is incredible against some one like ryan day. But dominic dale was in scintillating form all week and looked like a winner from the beginning. His semi against mark selby was also top drawer! Dominic dale was world class in that tournament and if in form like that consistently he would be a top 10 players. LEGEND!